Trump - a puzzling enigma

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by Impenitent »

-Imp
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:17 pm Image

-Imp
You know each senator is 1 out of 100.

And Vice Presidents are do-nothing officials.

But if you want to say that Biden is responsible for the Eisenhower-, Nixon-, Ford-, Regan-, Bush- and Bush-years, be careful of what you say.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:02 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:19 pm

mebbe so...don't know what that has to do with me not havin' a bazooka
Breonna Taylor had nothing to protect her from being murdered in her sleep.
she shoulda got herself a bazooka...and a better class of boyfriend
I, an unprotected woman, would be afraid to sleep in the USA. I have no private guards to protect me against the police who might break in and murder me.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:54 am
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 pm
Breonna Taylor had nothing to protect her from being murdered in her sleep.
I, an unprotected woman, would be afraid to sleep in the USA. I have no private guards to protect me against the police who might break in and murder me.
if you're not livin' in a democrat-controlled area, you got nuthin' to fear

if you are livin' in a democrat-controlled area: get a bazooka (and avoid hookin' up with a drug-dealin' boyfriend)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 pm

if you are livin' in a democrat-controlled area: get a bazooka (and avoid hookin' up with a drug-dealin' boyfriend)
You drank the cool aid.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 pm

You drank the cool aid.
yes...it was cherry...delicious
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

-Imp
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:58 pm Image

-Imp
Nice! Right on.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 pm

-Imp
Nice! Right on.
True, but he owes us money. We coulda had less taken from us if a billionaire who stayed a billionaire paid something every time. Granted, this doesn’t reflect on the Schlump’s ability to govern, only his honesty.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:44 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 pm

-Imp
Nice! Right on.
True, but he owes us money. We coulda had less taken from us if a billionaire who stayed a billionaire paid something every time. Granted, this doesn’t reflect on the Schlump’s ability to govern, only his honesty.
oh please...you coulda taken the entirety of his wealth at the height of his (very legal) wheelin' & dealin'' and it wouldn't have made a dent in your or anyone else's tax bill

the tax code was written for the rich: spread your envy evenly among all of 'em

or, better yet, do what pretty much any 'murican, who understands gov takes too much and uses it poorly, does: find your own cheats (legal or not)
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 pm or, better yet, do what pretty much any 'murican, who understands gov takes too much and uses it poorly, does: find your own cheats (legal or not)
I know where they are.

Hollywood. That hive of Leftism is full of folks with offshore accounts. That's how they keep revenue from appearing as taxes. And everybody in "the Biz" has one of these things, I'm reliably informed (first-hand, by actual insiders who confessed it to me, thinking I would be impressed with their financial management strategies). And, of course, these same people are ardent Democrats when they vote.

So the next time the media blathers on about somebody cheating on taxes, check Switzerland or the Caymans, if they'll let you. That's where you'll find Hollywood's money.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Yes! You’re preaching to the quire.

Like I said, it’s only about honesty, which doesn’t count in governance because all politicians lie anyway.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 pm or, better yet, do what pretty much any 'murican, who understands gov takes too much and uses it poorly, does: find your own cheats (legal or not)
I know where they are.

Hollywood. That hive of Leftism is full of folks with offshore accounts. That's how they keep revenue from appearing as taxes. And everybody in "the Biz" has one of these things, I'm reliably informed (first-hand, by actual insiders who confessed it to me, thinking I would be impressed with their financial management strategies). And, of course, these same people are ardent Democrats when they vote.

So the next time the media blathers on about somebody cheating on taxes, check Switzerland or the Caymans, if they'll let you. That's where you'll find Hollywood's money.
well, I wasn't talkin' about the lefties so much as I was folks like me... ;)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 am
I know where they are.

That proves what I was saying before. The things any of us say can be mistaken as to who is being talked about.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:27 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 am
I know where they are.

That proves what I was saying before. The things any of us say can be mistaken as to who is being talked about.
not if you take into account who the damn speaker is

me: rabidly anti-commie, anti- gov...I'm not shy about it...can't see how anyone could mistake anything I post as supportin' commies, libs, dems, repubs, slavers, Blacks Love Moochin' or your auntie (fah)

I mean, if a natural rights libertarian, one who writes extensively about ownness and free zones (formerly minarchies [thanks again, advocate!]) writes about taxes and cheatin', well there's a goddamn context to those statements, yeah? no matter how spare the statements, it should be obvious the natural rights guy isn't, for example, takin' lefties to task for cheatin'...no, he tellin' folks to cheat