An Open Letter to Mathematicians

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: An Open Letter to Mathematicians

Post by Harbal »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:26 pm
Good thing I am an autodidact then
What sparkplugs would you recommend for a 2005 Vauxhall Astra?
roydop

Post by roydop »

Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:32 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm The degree of BLINDNESS in this forum is shocking.
I know. It's enough to make one sit in a chair for two hours imagining he is blissfully happy. :|
The fact that you think I'm lying about being happy, is very sad.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:02 pm
So you are happy and sad simultaniously?
roydop

Post by roydop »

Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:06 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:02 pm
So you are happy and sad simultaniously?
Goodbye and good luck. You're gonna need it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:08 pm
Goodbye and good luck. You're gonna need it.
Goodbye, and get well soon.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

I've written a letter (old-school, pen & paper) to mathematicians. I seem to have misplaced it. All I can recall about it is blue ink, Mombasa, and 53. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

So it seems our Roy has disovered a theory to annul all other theories of Enlightenment. Ooooh, SHE is full of surprises!! :o

Yada yada Roy, we've heard it all before. Heck, even I myself keep piping on about it. I know it's addictive, playing with these ''thoughts'' :oops: The very 'thoughts' we're supposed to not identify with else we're living in delusion. :oops:

No theory is new Roy, they are simply rehashed, repackaged versions of the old made to look new.

Exactly who founded and how old is Roy's nonconceptuality message? https://www.nonconceptuality.org/forum

The beginnings of philosophy and mysticism in Indian religious history occurred during the period of the compilation of the Upanishads, roughly between 700 and 500 bce.
Indian ideas of nondual awareness developed as proto-Samkhya speculations in ascetic milieus in the 1st millennium BCE, with the notion of Purusha, the witness-conscious or 'pure consciousness'.

Meanwhile, moving on, the lyrics by Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime is about how we, as people, tend to “operate half-awake or on autopilot”. Or perhaps a better way of explaining that statement is that we do not actually know why we engage in certain actions which come define our lives.

It seems all our lives, Change happens, but nothing ever changes.

Even when you do make it, and that BIG MASSIVE SHIFT happens to you .. So what? Nothing really changes, everything continues to be the same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

How about this theory.

The theory that 'reality conscious aliveness' is not a theory.

Like trying to wash away blood using blood.

I guess having nothing to talk about is why talking about nothing is the only purpose of human life. I mean we have to talk about something don't we? or was/is that nothing? :roll: :o :lol:

Nothing ultimately makes any sense. But no problem, I am determined to make sense of this ultimate senselessness until I think I have understood, right up until my last breath.

And I am going to use ''THOUGHTS'' to build my theory. :lol: And my theory is going to be the MOTHER of all theories, yup, SHE is full of surprises alright. :o
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Enlightenment is . . [NOT FOR SALE] . . Roy.

I do hope you're not trying to sell ice to the eskimo Roy.

Only a fool would dream of buying bucket loads of their own vomit. And only a bigger fool would think other people would actually want to buy bucket loads of their own vomit, and even a bigger fool, bigger than the previous big fool, would believe that is humanly possible. :wink:
Dontaskme

Re: A little bird told me

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:47 am Enlightenment is . . [NOT FOR SALE] . . Roy.

Only a fool would dream of buying bucket loads of their own vomit. And only a bigger fool would think other people would actually want to buy bucket loads of their own vomit, and even a bigger fool, bigger than the previous big fool, would believe that is humanly possible. :wink:
What am I selling? I am not charging a dime and have not made any profit on my teaching.

I'm simply pointing out the limitations of THOUGHT ITSELF, and showing that it is possible to transcend thought (to silence the disembodied voice blabbering on within your consciousness).

I am showing the next step of the evolution of increased Self-Awareness, but the ego likes its imaginary existence and this is why I receive so much resistance.

You enjoy getting all worked up because you know you exist while feeling emotions.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:25 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:47 am Enlightenment is . . [NOT FOR SALE] . . Roy.

What am I selling? I am not charging a dime and have not made any profit on my teaching.

I'm simply pointing out the limitations of THOUGHT ITSELF, and showing that it is possible to transcend thought (to silence the disembodied voice blabbering on within your consciousness).

I am showing the next step of the evolution of increased Self-Awareness, but the ego likes its imaginary existence and this is why I receive so much resistance.

You enjoy getting all worked up because you know you exist while feeling emotions.
Can we move this thread to the self-help section of the forum?
roydop

Post by roydop »

You people don't address the reasonable argument put forth that expresses WHY mathematics appears to possess both discovered and invented qualities. Instead you try to avoid the argument by attacking the presenter of the argument.

Your mocking is a pathetic last-ditch defensive maneuver.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:29 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:25 pm

Can we move this thread to the self-help section of the forum?
You can't stop thinking can you? Not even for a minute. Not even for 10 seconds. An objective perspective would come to see that you have no control over your mind. Which should concern you very deeply, but it doesn't does it?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:51 pm
You can't stop thinking can you? Not even for a minute. Not even for 10 seconds.
If you want to persuade people to stop thinking, you probably couldn't have picked a worse place. Folks who are interested in philosophy usually have a fondness for thinking. :|