PARADOX SOLVED

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: PARADOX SOLVED

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm That's from your perspective of being completely unable to abide free of thought. You can't recognize happiness when you see it.
You're the one who thinks someone can see happiness in a video. The happiness of a person with a really quite unexpressive face, no less, doing nothing. You don't seem to have much interpersonal intelligence. And I would be money this is not the only time people have told you that.

Of course, sometimes you can see that someone else is happy, but they tend to be expressive (not suppressed).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm
I keep telling y'all that to prove or refute my theory, you will have to engage in the practice of finding the space between thoughts and delving ever-deeper into it.
So then not exactly thoughtfree. More like the space between two thoughts that still occupy the same one space that you are sitting centre of.

Sitting centre of two thoughts, one to the right of you, and one to the left of you. That is what you have basically said here.
It's as if you are saying that you are the eye of a hurricane, or the hole of a doughnut. Without noticing that there is no eye to a hurricane without the hurricane, or that there is no hole to a doughnut without the doughnut.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm This is why you feel the need to fill every moment with a thought or a sensation.
There is no you making thought and sensation happen. Nor is there any you stopping thought and sensation from happening.

Post by Age »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:23 pm

YOU simply ask a bunch of questions without actually trying to understand what is originally said
LOL BUT I KNOW, EXACTLY, what 'you' originally said. I ALSO KNOW, EXACTLY, what IS ACTUALLY and IRREFUTABLY True, Right, AND Correct here. This is HOW 'I' KNOW what questions to ask 'you', EXACTLY.

'your' INABILITY to provide answers to these questions and 'your' INABILITY to back up and support 'your' BELIEFS and CLAIMS is FURTHER PROOF to the Fact that 'I' KNOW what IS EXACTLY True here.
This is the proof:

https://youtu.be/IlCgz6vRC-o
This is, SUPPOSEDLY, 'the proof' of WHAT, EXACTLY?
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm This is Roy dopson abiding in/as the natural state of thought-free Awareness.
But there was just about a CONTINUOUS FLOW of 'thought' going on there. And, NOT MUCH REAL Awareness, AT ALL.

In fact, in the VERY SHORT few seconds that I WATCHED 'you' managed to CONTRADICT "your" OWN 'self'.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm It is Absolute Happiness/ perfect contentment.
LOL Absolutely Happiness and/or contentment are NOT concerned with NOR worried about the future, and CERTAINLY DO NOT IMAGINE that some sort of RUSH is NEEDED.

The 'thoughts' expressed from that body were CERTAINLY NOT Truly Aware.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm That's it that's all. If you think there's something "wrong" with this state, that is your perspective
LOL 'you' are MORE BLIND and DEAF than I first realized.

I have ALREADY INFORMED 'you' that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Wrong with 'thought-free Awareness, AT ALL.

'you' REALLY DO NEED to READ and COMPREHEND what "others" SAY and EXPLAIN. Otherwise, 'you' WILL just KEEP SAYING the Wrong things and making the SAME MISTAKES that 'you' are here.

So, WHY do 'you' IMAGINE 'you' are SO BLIND and DEAF here?
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm I keep telling y'all that to prove or refute my theory, you will have to engage in the practice of finding the space between thoughts and delving ever-deeper into it. And then y'all keep blabbering on about me proving it with thought exclusively
YOUR INABILITY to PROVIDE PROOF is PROOF that 'you' do NOT YET KNOW, FULLY, what 'you' are TALKING ABOUT, and 'blabbering' ON ABOUT, here.

For example, if 'you' were REALLY IN and COMING FROM 'thought free Awareness', then 'you' would NOT have SAID the False, Wrong, and Incorrect things in that video. Oh, which, by the way, CAME FROM the 'thoughts' WITHIN that body.

SEE, WHILE IN True 'thought free Awareness', one can VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY FIND the WORDS to PROOF, IRREFUTABLY True, the CLAIMS that they are MAKING, and this is BECAUSE WHEN IN 'thought free Awareness' one does NOT 'make up' CLAIMS, which they can NOT back up and support with IRREFUTABLE PROOF. That is; they do NOT 'make up' the 'things' that 'you' are here "roydop".

Either what 'you' SAY and CLAIM can be backed up and supported with ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE PROOF, or it can NOT. AND, OBVIOUSLY, it can NOT. Which leaves 'you' WHERE "roydop"?
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm So engage in the practice or don't.
I have done it LONG AGO to KNOW that 'you' are NOT doing it, properly AND correctly.

'you' are STILL STUCK IN 'your' OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS to be ANYWHERE CLOSE to being in Truly 'thought free Awareness'.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm If you engage in the practice you will find Reality/Self and be free of suffering
LOL
LOL
LOL

If this CLAIM of YOURS was in ANY WAY True, then this would MEAN that 'you' have ALREADY ATTAINED 'thought free Awareness' of WHAT 'Reality/Self' IS, EXACTLY, which would THEN MEAN that 'you' COULD, and WOULD, TELL 'us' what 'Reality' IS, EXACTLY, AND what Self IS, EXACTLY. So, what reason, or EXCUSE, for NOT TELLING 'us' WHAT these things are EXACTLY?
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm If you don't you will continue on using thought as a relative form of existence ("I think therefore I am"). Y'all can't stop thinking because your ego is using the voice in your head to infer your existence and every quantum of stillness is experienced by the ego as non-existence. This is why you feel the need to fill every moment with a thought or a sensation.

I am showing the way to experience Self directly but your ego is overriding this understanding by flooding your consciousness with more thought (your issecent questioning)
'you' may well be showing ONE way to experience Self, but 'your' INABILITY to EXPLAIN who and/or what this Self IS, EXACTLY, PROVES that the 'way' that 'you' are showing is NOT thee True and Right WAY. For if 'you' had REALLY experienced Self, then 'you' could TELL 'us' who AND what Self IS, EXACTLY.

So, who AND what is Self, EXACTLY, "roydop"?

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:27 pm

This is the proof:

https://youtu.be/IlCgz6vRC-o
It's proof that you're nuts. :?
I'm nuts because why? Because I sit in and of my own Being, completely happy?
The words "my own Being" is CONTRADICTORY.

Those words imply that "roydop" (the 'my') "owns" (some) Being. Which, as "harbal" POINTED OUT, Rightly, IS 'nuts', or more correctly, 'not just right'.

Now, what 'you' are 'trying to' convey, get to, and/or get across here "roydop" is ABSOLUTELY True, Right, AND Correct, but 'you' are going about it in the Wrong way. This is because 'you' are allowing "roydop's" EGO (that is; 'your' ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS) to get in the way.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm Only someone insane would see that as insane.
Who of 'you', adult human beings, are FULLY 'sane'?
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm What's insane is filling every single moment with thoughts and/or sensations.
LOL

'you', people, do NOT 'fill' every single moment with thoughts and/or sensations, EVERY single sentient body is at EVERY single moment FEELING sensations, (if 'you', people, however, notice and recognize those sensations is another matter), and from a particular period at EVERY 'waking' moment thoughts are just coming and going.

There is NO 'you' FILLING up every single moment with 'things' like thoughts and/or sensations. There is, however, a 'you', which is just the thoughts and emotions, within a body, which is ALWAYS changing because of what the body is experiencing, and/or sensing.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm What's insane is humanity's helpless addiction to the screen and to the voice in the head.
And here 'you' are "roydop", literally, ADDING to the screen with videos of 'that body', and SHARING the 'voices from within that head'. Which could appear to being a SIGN of a VERY STRONG ADDICTION of the EGO, known here as "roydop", just Wanting to be RECOGNIZED, HEARD, and SEEN. EXACTLY like EVERY one of 'you', human beings, have. Some, however, GROW UP and OUT OF Wanting to be SEEN and HEARD more than "others".

'you', "roydop", sitting in front of a camera, and thus a screen, for over two hours, SHARING some of those 'voices within that head', SHOWS where 'that ego' lays on the continuum from the LEAST Wanting to be SEEN and HEARD to the MOST Wanting to be SEEN and HEARD.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm You are witnessing complete sanity in that video but due to your (and humanity in general) deep state of delusion, you call it "nuts".
Well that was one way to 'try to' circumnavigate the Truth, but it just is NOT working.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm That's from your perspective of being completely unable to abide free of thought. You can't recognize happiness when you see it.

I am telling and showing that your base state, your natural self, is happiness itself.
'you' can TELL 'us' this, which, by the way, can NOT be refuted ANYWAY. So, be Happy with that.

However, how, EXACTLY, are 'you', supposedly, SHOWING 'us' that OUR base state, OUR natural Self, is Happiness, Itself?

'you', "roydop", come across here VERY UPTIGHT, UPSET, ANGRY and/or ANNOYED that "others" do NOT just say, "you are Right "roydop" and from now we will FOLLOW you". Where, EXACTLY, is the Happiness state in the way 'you' come across here and/or in the CONDESCENDING way that 'you' TALK TO 'us'?
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm This has been the most important discovery in my life.
And, what has been the MOST IMPORTANT 'discovery' in "OTHER" people's lives can be DIFFERENT. In other words, what 'you' FIND the MOST IMPORTANT 'discovery' is NOT necessarily that IMPORTANT, AT ALL, to "others".

Also, if 'you' still have MORE life, then 'you' ALSO might 'find' FAR MORE IMPORTANT 'discoveries', and SEE that this one 'you' have 'discovered' here was NOT that IMPORTANT AT ALL, REALLY, or was just ANOTHER one, along with ALL of the OTHER ones there are to be so-called 'discovered'.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm It is the reason and purpose of life.
If the 'it' word here is regards 'though free Awareness', then 'it' is NOT the 'reason' NOR the 'purpose' to Life. It is just a WAY of living, WITHOUT 'thought' NOR 'thinking'.

However, because human beings USE 'thought' AND 'thinking' to COMMUNICATE with each "other" and is what is necessary to 'PROGRESS', 'move forward', and/or 'evolve' towards living a MUCH BETTER LIFE, for ALL, together as One, then 'thought' and 'thinking' IS NEEDED. Otherwise, without 'thought' how else would 'you' be ABLE TO SHARE what 'you' say and BELIEVE 'you' have 'discovered', ALONE?

Just sitting in front of a camera, just Wanting to be SEEN, WITHOUT ANY 'thought' being expressed, will OBVIOUSLY NOT achieve ABSOLUTELY ANY thing.
roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm I am sharing this here because it feels like the thing to do; to share the path out of suffering.
What do 'you' think EVERY one else Wants to do HERE, in this forum?

Is there ANY one here who is sharing their views because it feels like the thing to do; to share A path into suffering?

If yes, then REALLY?

But if no, then that is more or less the EXACT SAME as what 'you' are doing here, "roydop".
wtf

Post by wtf »

Age wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:22 pm "you are Right "roydop" and from now we will FOLLOW you".
I'm inspired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPMYQTINNk
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I did click on your video link and by great coincidence happened to fast forward directly to where you rapped your knuckles on your whiteboard and knocked it over, making a loud crashing sound. That was hilarious. Is all this a joke? You seem very serious, but I see no intellectual content."

wtf, wtf? you played that all wrong becuz u let yourself suspect a pretentiousness in roydop's manner... and then u let yourself feel slightly offended by that. whydja do that?

suppose the intellectual gulf between yourself and roydop is so incomprehensibly wide that even contempt is impossible, and you would feel no obligation to insult him, if that makes any sense. N called a toleration for mediocrity a kind of obligation of the noble type, or something like that. in this case, someone like u either wouldn't be bothered at all by a thread like this, or would enter the thread with the intention of helping to clarify things, overlooking any amateur hubris u might encounter.

but what u wouldn't do when u spotted a new age hobby philosopher with hardly any experience with analytical philosophy or logic at all, is make fun of em.

I know, I know.... it wuz the ying yan... or yin yang I mean, that did it. One of the foremost forbidden cliches of the YouTube philosophy video is having a a big yin yang in it. U never do that, it's an intellectual red flag. It means you've been reading the wrong shit for years.

Anyway aristotle would be disappointed in u, wtf. wtf man?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:41 pm but what u wouldn't do when u spotted a new age hobby philosopher with hardly any experience with analytical philosophy or logic at all, is make fun of em.
Ya can't help what you find funny. And I think his question was a sincere one: was it meant to be funny? It wasn't and that leads to problems for the creator, who has taken a kind of guru position when posting here.

Once his OP was taken seriously, but disagreed with, he fell back on his try my idea about meditation or don't raise any objections. In a Mathematics/logic thread in a philosophy forum, he chastized people for responding with thoughts about this filled-with-thoughts OP.

It's not necessarily a bad thing it you're trying to run high status at people and they notice some fundamental interpersonal, presentational and in this case logical problems and find it funny.

That's something to learn from and most of us have.

I don't see a reason to deprive our would be Buddha from that opportunity.

There are a lot of things meditation can change, but if you have some serious gaps in interpersonal skills, it ain't gonna touch them.
wtf

Post by wtf »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:41 pm "I did click on your video link and by great coincidence happened to fast forward directly to where you rapped your knuckles on your whiteboard and knocked it over, making a loud crashing sound. That was hilarious. Is all this a joke? You seem very serious, but I see no intellectual content."

wtf, wtf? you played that all wrong becuz u let yourself suspect a pretentiousness in roydop's manner... and then u let yourself feel slightly offended by that. whydja do that?
I don't know if you happened to see the video in question. Start at 4:38 here ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy64XqhOJmg

It's especially funny because OP is discussing the liar paradox at that moment. I defy anyone to watch this without cracking up. His reaction is priceless. Laurel and Hardy and Buster Keaton never did a sight gag any better.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

alright who do u think would win in a Tai Chi fight: Ken Wilber, L. Ron Hubbard or roydop?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:05 am alright who do u think would win in a Tai Chi fight: Ken Wilber, L. Ron Hubbard or roydop?
speaking of paradoxes....
tai chi fight
fights between the living and the dead