PARADOX SOLVED

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

wtf

Re: PARADOX SOLVED

Post by wtf »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:02 pm Here is the application of my ideas:

https://youtu.be/oIZ9qs5pFgw
I clicked around through your 2+ hour video, and it seems to consist entirely of you staring into the camera and smirking without saying a word. I didn't watch the whole thing to see if there were any crashing whiteboards. Did I miss something?

Why did you top-post in Philosophy of Mathematics if you have nothing at all to say about mathematics? Are you saying we could solve the Riemann hypothesis by silently smirking into a webcam for two hours? You can win a million dollar prize for solving it. Why don't you give it a try?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Prize_Problems
roydop

Post by roydop »

Having discovered the purpose of life and engaging in that purpose has led to completion. What you could not see or understand is that I was abiding in/as effortless thought free Awareness, which is synonymous with Happiness

Flat out perfect contentment and happiness

Seems reasonable to me that consciousness that has a better understanding of Reality will experience less suffering and more happiness than consciousness that is in delusion
roydop

Post by roydop »

wtf wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:07 pm

I clicked around through your 2+ hour video, and it seems to consist entirely of you staring into the camera and smirking without saying a word. I didn't watch the whole thing to see if there were any crashing whiteboards. Did I miss something?

Why did you top-post in Philosophy of Mathematics if you have nothing at all to say about mathematics? Are you saying we could solve the Riemann hypothesis by silently smirking into a webcam for two hours? You can win a million dollar prize for solving it. Why don't you give it a try?

You think perhaps that sol ing that hypnosis and winning a million dollars would lead to happiness, when I know the direct path. The path is inward
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:43 pm Having discovered the purpose of life and engaging in that purpose has led to completion.
Who would have guessed that making an idiot of yourself on Youtube and trying to peddle your crackpot ideas on a philosophy forum would turn out to be the purpose of life. :?
Last edited by Harbal on Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wtf

Post by wtf »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:45 pm You think perhaps that sol ing that hypnosis ...
See you ARE a bit of a jokester. That's a decent pun.
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:45 pm and winning a million dollars would lead to happiness, when I know the direct path. The path is inward
Ok now we are getting somewhere. You are telling us that you have discovered the secret of happiness. Ok then. If you had posted this to the theory of mind or the ethics forum then it would make some sense. If you've discovered what makes you happy, and you want to share it with the world, that's great. I'd say that staring into a webcam for two and a half hours and uploading it to Youtube is not my cup of tea, but if that's your thing then it's fine with me. I'm a consenting adults guy.

But you posted your story to the Philosophy of Math forum and claimed that you have found the solution to paradox. Yet you have not solved any of the known paradoxes, nor, when challenged, have you been able to apply your ideas to solve any known paradoxes.

Again, if you said you've found the secret to your own happiness, I'd be happy for you. But you claimed to have solved "paradox," singular, yet didn't actually solve any paradoxes. That's my issue with your post. You have made a claim that you are clearly unable to back up. Indeed, your OP says nothing at all about happiness. You seem to be changing the subject, now that someone has taken you seriously enough to challenge you to show an application of your ideas.

If all you are saying is that by staring into a webcam for two and a half hours that you have found happiness, I'm all for it. As the sage said ... when you stare into the Youtube, the Youtube stares back.

ps -- At the two hour mark you cleared your throat. Brilliant! Well worth waiting for.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:43 pm Having discovered the purpose of life and engaging in that purpose has led to completion. What you could not see or understand is that I was abiding in/as effortless thought free Awareness, which is synonymous with Happiness

Seems reasonable to me that consciousness that has a better understanding of Reality will experience less suffering and more happiness than consciousness that is in delusion
You need to include the other side of the natural state of nature, which is pain, distress, anxiety, misery and suffering, and not just focus on nature's more pleasurable happy and contenment side of the equation. It is obvious and self-evident that there are two sides to nature. And no one side is more dominant or more important than the other, they are both crucial to nature tendancies to operate
toward maintaining an equilibrium and balance. And this is far from a pretty sight.

The purpose of life is to watch yourself die. Sometimes in a slow, painful horrible agonising way. This truth is self-evident.

The natural state of life is both a bloody battle and struggle for survival and at times sublimely awe inspiring, peaceful and stressfree.

But all those negative and positive concepts are just labels used to interpret or define what are already being observed as obvious self-evident aspects of nature at work.
These empty conceptual overlays upon the real and true self-evident nature of reality have been artificially superimposed by the human mind which is nothing more than an anthropomorphic illusory construction. In reality, there's simply what is happening, and there is absolutely no thing that is making what is happening happen, nor is there anything that can make it not happen. There is simply this immediate happening as it is being observed.

In reality, there's just a cold indifferent parasitic nature at work with itself and only for itself. The paradox is self-evident that life is both witness to torture and pleasure equally without reservation or favor for one over the other. There is no middle ground where peace and stillness is a luxurious safe haven where there is a specially designated place serving as our own personal refuge from and away from the reality of life on earth. Rather, life is a constant fight or flight predatory and parasitical situation where one must always stay alert or be eaten alive or tortured alive by predators.

I'll say it again. The only true and real happy person is a dead person. "Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm The thing about genius is that it presents convention from a completely novel perspective. Then those who believe convention cannot adopt that new perspective refute and mock the new perspective,in their ignorance
It is true that new and correct ideas, inventions, etc., do get mocked and dismissed out of hand. At least, often.

But then stupid ideas, or ideas poorly presented, or processes that are idiotic or poorly presented also get mocked and dismissed.

So, we have idiots or people who poorly present ideas ALSO getting mocked,
and then they point this being mocked as evidence that they are geniuses. When it is not evidence of that.

A further problem with this is that the ideas you present are thousands of years old. In any number of traditions.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

no one wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:29 am
If all you are saying is that by staring into a webcam for two and a half hours that you have found happiness, I'm all for it. As the sage said ... when you stare into the Youtube, the Youtube stares back.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I just popped into the middle of his staring where he does speak. He says people don't like hearing that the sole reason is to escapte this - meaning life as it is. This is too much for people. They want to be in this world and be enlightened and not suffer. No, sorry, he says, this world is suffering.

He then says that if you give people what they want - on videos - well it's popular, but it's not the truth. The truth is this world is suffering.

He'd be surprised, I guess, to find out how many thriving schools, temples, video channels etc. there are for Buddhism. But it's a good excuse for his own low numbers.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm This is genius and rather than trying to refute it one should try to understand it
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:02 pm
wtf wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:25 am
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:03 am Just as I suspected; none of that got through

"Philosophers" are the most deluded of all because they can't see through the illusion of thought itself.

It is fun to drop by and watch the crazies spin on their hamster wheel
Just condescend to my pathetic level and explain to my poor beknighted self how your theory resolves the Banach-Tarski paradox or the Burali-Forti paradox or the lottery paradox or the Kleene-Rosser paradox or any of the many other paradoxes enumerated in this Wiki list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paradoxes

Pick any one and apply your theory to it. If you can't do that for a single one of these well known paradoxes, all you have is a pile of word salad. With lo-fat dressing. And of course a hilarious moment of unintended high humor on your video, which made my morning.

ps -- Let me give an example. In 1915 Einstein came out with his theory of general relativity, which described gravity as an effect caused by the curvature of 4D spacetime. People didn't say, "Wow, huzzah, now it's all clear." On the contrary, nobody believed him until he APPLIED his theory to make a specific prediction that could be verified or refuted by astronomers. In 1919 Sir Arthur Eddington made the measurement and confirmed Einstein's theory. THEN Einstein became famous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddington_experiment

You can't just type in words. If someone challenges you to apply your theory and show how it gives insight, you either need to put up or shut up. If you applied your theory to, say, the Banach-Tarski paradox and I read your explanation and went, "Wow, NOW I understand something I didn't understand before," then I'd say you have something.

But if you can't give a single example of an application of your ideas, perhaps your own intellectual integrity would cause you to have a moment of self-awareness, and go back and have yourself another think.
Here is the application of my ideas:

I'm done. I know why all of THIS exists and have realized true, Absolute Self. All of that thinking is an errant path. It leads consciousness deeper into delusion. I'm pointing to the exit sign within the labyrinth of mind.

Walk through it or not.
Okay, let us 'walk' through this now, as I try to understand what you say.
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm I know why all of THIS exists and have realized true, Absolute Self.
What does the 'THIS' word here refer to EXACTLY? Do you mean ALL-OF-THIS/Everything, or some thing else?

And, if you have realized 'true, Absolute Self, then who and/or what is 'true, Absolute Self', EXACTLY?
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm All of that thinking is an errant path.
What 'thinking' are you referring to here, EXACTLY?
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm It leads consciousness deeper into delusion.
To me, 'consciousness', itself, does go deeper into delusion, and can not even be led deeper into delusion.

So, what is 'consciousness' to you, EXACTLY, and what is the actual process where 'consciousness' is being led deeper into delusion?

If that process is just 'that' thinking, then is it at all possible that there could be 'that' thinking, leading to delusion, within your words here? Or is this just NOT a possibility?
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm I'm pointing to the exit sign within the labyrinth of mind.
What is this 'mind' thing, EXACTLY? Where does 'it' exist, EXACTLY?

What, EXACTLY, is the 'exit sign', within this so-called 'labyrinth of mind'?

How did you find this so-called 'exit sign', and why do so many people see you as being 'stuck' in a 'labyrinth of delusional thinking'?

So, again, could it be a possibility that 'your' thinking is 'that' thinking, which you speak of here?

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:43 pm Having discovered the purpose of life and engaging in that purpose has led to completion.
What is the 'purpose of life'?

How do you define the word 'life' here?

And, the 'completion' of what, EXACTLY?
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:43 pm What you could not see or understand is that I was abiding in/as effortless thought free Awareness, which is synonymous with Happiness
Why do you call 'that' 'thought free Awareness' 'effortless'?

Is there an 'effort thought free Awareness'?

If yes, what is the difference, (besides the obvious)?
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:43 pm Flat out perfect contentment and happiness
How long do you think or believe 'you' have remained in this so-called 'effortless thought free Awareness'?

How do 'you' start or begin 'effortless thought free Awareness'?

And, how do 'you' finish or end 'effortless thought free Awareness'?
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:43 pm Seems reasonable to me that consciousness that has a better understanding of Reality will experience less suffering and more happiness than consciousness that is in delusion
It is completely unreasonable, to me, that one thinks or BELIEVES that 'consciousness', itself, is EVER 'delusional'.

If 'you' ever want to obtain an ACTUAL Accurate 'understanding' of 'things' here, then 'you' first NEED to be far more OPEN and Honest here.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:45 pm

You think perhaps that sol ing that hypnosis and winning a million dollars would lead to happiness, when I know the direct path. The path is inward
'Paths' lead to somewhere. So, 'the path is inwards' leads to where, or what, EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:43 pm Having discovered the purpose of life and engaging in that purpose has led to completion. What you could not see or understand is that I was abiding in/as effortless thought free Awareness, which is synonymous with Happiness

You need to include the other side of the natural state of nature, which is pain, distress, anxiety, misery and suffering, and not just focus on nature's more pleasurable happy and contenment side of the equation.
But is it okay to focus on the "side" that 'you', adult human beings, experience?

Also, is 'contentment', itself, in ANY "side"?

If yes, then WHY, and HOW?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am It is obvious and self-evident that there are two sides to nature.
NOT to me.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am And no one side is more dominant or more important than the other, they are both crucial to nature tendancies to operate
To me there are NO "sides" AT ALL to the one and ONLY One.

'you', adult human beings, however, have separated, labelled, and placed 'your' 'feelings' as beings on one "side" OR "another". Which, by the way, does NOT ACTUALLY exist, other than in concept or thought, OBVIOUSLY.

Making a perceived, and delusional, 'separatism' causes and creates a 'dualism', which does NOT ACTUALLY exist, again, except in thought or concept alone.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am toward maintaining an equilibrium and balance. And this is far from a pretty sight.
Nature, Itself, ALWAYS exists and SITS in equilibrium and balance. And, it is ONLY 'you', adult human beings, who take, make, and SEE 'things' 'out-of-balance'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am The purpose of life is to watch yourself die.
So, it appears that there are TWO DIFFERENT 'purposes' of 'life', itself. Which is now a great time to SHOW that there can be as MANY DIFFERENT 'versions' or 'meanings' of 'things' as there are DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am Sometimes in a slow, painful horrible agonising way. This truth is self-evident.
This so-called 'truth' may be so-called 'self-evident' to 'you', the 'one' here known as "dontaskme", but that is NOT 'truth' NOR 'self evident' to just about ANY one else.

Just out of curiosity are 'you' AWARE that "others" do NOT think NOR see 'things' the SAME WAY that 'you' do, "dontaskme"?

'Slow', 'painful', 'horrible', and 'agonizing' are all 'things', like EVERY 'thing' else, which are ALL, VERY, RELATIVE.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am The natural state of life is both a bloody battle and struggle for survival and at times sublimely awe inspiring, peaceful and stressfree.
WHEN, EXACTLY, are so-called "kings" and "queens" in a so-called 'bloody battle' and/or 'struggling for survival'?

Or, maybe they do NOT live in the 'natural state of life', correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am But all those negative and positive concepts are just labels used to interpret or define what are already being observed as obvious self-evident aspects of nature at work.
When 'you' say and state 'are just labels', are 'you' here inferring that they are NOT real and actual 'things', or inferring some thing else?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am These empty conceptual overlays upon the real and true self-evident nature of reality have been artificially superimposed by the human mind which is nothing more than an anthropomorphic illusory construction.
ONCE AGAIN, 'you' are completely and utterly CONTRADICTING "your" 'self' here.

Are there TWO "sides" to nature or NOT?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am In reality, there's simply what is happening, and there is absolutely no thing that is making what is happening happen,
Well then HOW THEN is EVERY thing being CREATED, or CAUSED?

If 'what is happening' is NOT being caused by absolutely ANY 'thing', then HOW is ALL-OF-THIS 'happening'?

For example, how are these words, which 'you' are reading on the screen in front of 'you', 'happening' if there is absolutely NO 'thing' making them appear, and 'this' 'happen'?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am nor is there anything that can make it not happen.
But, OBVIOUSLY, there is NO thing that can make 'what is happening' NOT happen.

Does this REALLY need to be said or spoken about for 'you', human beings, to REALIZE and SEE this IRREFUTABLE Fact?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am There is simply this immediate happening as it is being observed.

In reality,
WHY do 'you', posters, here use the term or phrase, 'In reality, ...', as though this gives more weight to the rest of what 'you' say or write?

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am there's just a cold indifferent parasitic nature at work with itself and only for itself.
LOL you started your reply here by saying and writing,
"You need to include the "other side" ", and, "and not just focus on nature's more pleasurable "side" of the equation", but now you CLAIM that there is JUST "a cold indifferent parasitic ("side" of) nature at work" here.

Are 'you' AWARE of just how MANY TIMES 'you' completely and utterly CONTRADICT "your" OWN 'self' "dontaskme"?

And, of just how STRIKINGLY CONTRADICTORY your CLAIMS and BELIEFS ARE, EXACTLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am The paradox is self-evident that life is both witness to torture and pleasure equally without reservation or favor for one over the other.
When you say that, " 'life' is both WITNESS to torture and pleasure ", what, EXACTLY, do you mean by 'witness' here?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am There is no middle ground where peace and stillness is a luxurious safe haven where there is a specially designated place serving as our own personal refuge from and away from the reality of life on earth.
When, and IF, you learn and understand how the Mind and the brain work, then you WILL SEE things COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY here.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am Rather, life is a constant fight or flight predatory and parasitical situation where one must always stay alert or be eaten alive or tortured alive by predators.
HOW MANY TIMES do 'you' need to be INFORMED that just because 'you' grew up being tortured 'alive' by predators, that this does NOT mean that "others" have had this EXACT SAME experience as you, before it 'SINKS IN', as some would say?

HOW MANY TIMES do 'you' need to be INFORMED that because they have NOT had the EXACT SAME EXPERIENCES as 'you', then they will NOT grow up to have the EXACT SAME BELIEF that they also HAVE TO ALWAYS 'stay alert' to be eaten alive or tortured alive, by predators?

Also, ONLY 'you', adult human beings, 'torture' things, including YOUR OWN CHILDREN.

There is NO 'torture' ANYWHERE else in the Universe, that is KNOWN OF, and, OF COURSE 'things' NEED to eat, and be eaten. That is JUST (and) HOW Nature works. This IS JUST 'what IS happening', and HOW thee one and ONLY One sustains, Itself.

It/Nature, OBVIOUSLY, does NOT eat Its Self to death, but rather eats Its Self to STAY ALIVE.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 am I'll say it again. The only true and real happy person is a dead person. "Only the dead have seen the end of war"
'you' can keep REPEATING 'your' OWN BELIEFS for as long as 'you' like, but by just doing that will NEVER make what 'you' BELIEVE to be true, true AT ALL.

Also, will 'you' EXPLAIN HOW a so-called 'dead person' could be a little bit of a happy person, let alone only a true and real happy person?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Furthermore, WHY can 'you' TELL "another person" how they can and can not feel, but NO is ALLOWED to TELL 'you' how you feel or can not feel?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:18 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm The thing about genius is that it presents convention from a completely novel perspective. Then those who believe convention cannot adopt that new perspective refute and mock the new perspective,in their ignorance
It is true that new and correct ideas, inventions, etc., do get mocked and dismissed out of hand. At least, often.

But then stupid ideas, or ideas poorly presented, or processes that are idiotic or poorly presented also get mocked and dismissed.

So, we have idiots or people who poorly present ideas ALSO getting mocked,
and then they point this being mocked as evidence that they are geniuses. When it is not evidence of that.

A further problem with this is that the ideas you present are thousands of years old. In any number of traditions.
Also, if the 'new' perspective is being 'refuted', as "roydop" claims it is above here, then this MEANS that the 'new' perspective has been proved to be wrong or false, or disproved, and thus would surely be A SIGN to GIVE UP on that 'new' perspective.

This is NEVER EVER a need to 'mock' ANY perspective. But if ANY perspective is being 'refuted', then it is time to 'move along'.
roydop

Post by roydop »

wtf wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:29 am
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:45 pm You think perhaps that sol ing that hypnosis ...
See you ARE a bit of a jokester. That's a decent pun.
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:45 pm and winning a million dollars would lead to happiness, when I know the direct path. The path is inward
Ok now we are getting somewhere. You are telling us that you have discovered the secret of happiness. Ok then. If you had posted this to the theory of mind or the ethics forum then it would make some sense. If you've discovered what makes you happy, and you want to share it with the world, that's great. I'd say that staring into a webcam for two and a half hours and uploading it to Youtube is not my cup of tea, but if that's your thing then it's fine with me. I'm a consenting adults guy.

But you posted your story to the Philosophy of Math forum and claimed that you have found the solution to paradox. Yet you have not solved any of the known paradoxes, nor, when challenged, have you been able to apply your ideas to solve any known paradoxes.

Again, if you said you've found the secret to your own happiness, I'd be happy for you. But you claimed to have solved "paradox," singular, yet didn't actually solve any paradoxes. That's my issue with your post. You have made a claim that you are clearly unable to back up. Indeed, your OP says nothing at all about happiness. You seem to be changing the subject, now that someone has taken you seriously enough to challenge you to show an application of your ideas.

ps -- At the two hour mark you cleared your throat. Brilliant! Well worth waiting for.
I have shown HOW paradox itself arises (the medium through which paradox presents, is SYMBOL, and symbol is in a superposition of existing simultaneously as a physical thing and a non-physical thought). This superposition is explicitly revealed in the liars paradox

I have presented an argument as to the WHY paradox exists. Paradox is Truth exposing the path of ignorance (called: "Maya" in Hinduism) that keeps consciousness trapped within Samsara/suffering