A fun little probability puzzle for you.

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: A fun little probability puzzle for you.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:57 am You've shonw yourself incapable of having a good faith discussion.
You have shown "yourself" incapable of comprehending and understanding the discussion here.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:57 pm
WHEN you pick 2 boxes it IS 50/50, and that REMAINS ALWAYS THE SAME.

AFTER you pick A bill, then you CHANGE the probability.

How much MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD and CLEAR do you want me to BE, BEFORE you can COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND?

This is literally the first time you've explicitly said that. You've said the exact opposite of that a number of times. You've repeatedly said that it's 50/50 even after choosing a bill.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:21 am So, are you saying and meaning that if "another" does not accept and agree with the version you use for words, or in other words does not agree with and accept the definition you personally have and use for words or terms, then this makes it IMPOSSIBLE for you to communicate rationally with them?

If yes, then okay.

But if no, then WHY when I do it, this is makes is IMPOSSIBLE for you to communicate rationally with me?
What prevents communication is not the difference in the meaning of the words.
But it is the lack of that which founds all meaning and gives it value.

Lacking this foundation, one can say everything and the opposite of everything without problems.

You can do it because you don't have faith in the Truth.
Which obliges us to maintain the consistency of what we say, defending it to the end, but also being willing to admit that we have made a mistake, when we realize it. And therefore suffer for our mistake, in the name of Truth.

From the discussion underway, it does not seem to me that you are willing to acknowledge that you have made a mistake.
And then you climb on the mirrors, so as not to change your position.
Here, this behavior is lack of faith in the Truth.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:07 pm

How much MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD and CLEAR do you want me to BE, BEFORE you can COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND?

This is literally the first time you've explicitly said that. You've said the exact opposite of that a number of times. You've repeatedly said that it's 50/50 even after choosing a bill.
I read through the last couple pages of your posts, and you keep saying you agree with me, and then immediately saying the exact opposite of agreeing with me. It's impossible to make sense of anything you're saying.

You might have more success if, instead of just saying "I agree with you", just make it clear exactly which statement you agree with.

Post by Age »

Yes.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:25 am

Yes.
Yes, you're acknowledging it's the first time you said that?

When it's the first time you've ever said something, there's no space to say things like "How much MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD and CLEAR do you want me to BE, BEFORE you can COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND?" You're just being ridiculous at this point.

Post by Age »

bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm
Age wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:21 am So, are you saying and meaning that if "another" does not accept and agree with the version you use for words, or in other words does not agree with and accept the definition you personally have and use for words or terms, then this makes it IMPOSSIBLE for you to communicate rationally with them?

If yes, then okay.

But if no, then WHY when I do it, this is makes is IMPOSSIBLE for you to communicate rationally with me?
What prevents communication is not the difference in the meaning of the words.
So, whose definition and usage do you use, yours or the others?
bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm But it is the lack of that which founds all meaning and gives it value.
What is 'that', which finds ALL meaning and gives 'it' value, and what is 'it' exactly here?
bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm Lacking this foundation, one can say everything and the opposite of everything without problems.
If you say and believe so. But what is ' this foundation' exactly?
bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm You can do it because you don't have faith in the Truth.
But my version and definition of 'faith in the Truth' is very different from your version and definition.
bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm Which obliges us to maintain the consistency of what we say, defending it to the end, but also being willing to admit that we have made a mistake, when we realize it. And therefore suffer for our mistake, in the name of Truth.
But i NEVER 'suffer' when i make mistakes. In fact the very opposite is thee Truth. That is; i learn, grow, and prosper.
bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm From the discussion underway, it does not seem to me that you are willing to acknowledge that you have made a mistake.
Until 'my mistake/s' are pointed out to me, I do not see any here.

This same rule applies to you and others as well. As I could accuse you of also not acknowledging the mistakes you have made and are making here. But because I fully understand how and why you continually are making these mistakes and also because I am fully aware that you have not yet recognized them, accusing you of not acknowledging them would just be absurd and illogical.
bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm And then you climb on the mirrors, so as not to change your position.
If you would like to discuss absolutely ANY of this accusation you are making here, then please feel free to bring whatever 'it' is to light so that I and others can see 'it'.
bobmax wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 pm Here, this behavior is lack of faith in the Truth.
Once again, from WHOSE version of 'faith of the Truth' are you referring to and using here?

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:22 pm

I read through the last couple pages of your posts, and you keep saying you agree with me, and then immediately saying the exact opposite of agreeing with me. It's impossible to make sense of anything you're saying.

You might have more success if, instead of just saying "I agree with you", just make it clear exactly which statement you agree with.
But a purpose of mine for being in this forum is not to make things absolutely clear, at first. This is because I want the actual proof of just how much the adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, would just make assumptions and jump to conclusions before they ever just ask questions, in order to just obtain clarification and gain actual clarity, first.

I can and will back up and support what I say and claim, that is; when and if clarity and understanding is sought out, correctly.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I don't want clarity from you anymore, Age. You're insufferable. Even when you're going out of your way to try not to be, you're insufferable. You're a **** to your core.
This is because I want the actual proof of just how much the adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, would just make assumptions and jump to conclusions before they ever just ask questions, in order to just obtain clarification and gain actual clarity, first.
Sounds like it's your explicit goal to be unlikable and frustrating to talk to. You're doing great at that. If this is genuinely your philosophy to how you approach conversations here, you're literally a troll. You literally have the conversational philosophy of a troll.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:35 am
Age wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:25 am

Yes.
Yes, you're acknowledging it's the first time you said that?
If you say so.

Are you aware that your sentence here is a statement and claim, but with a question mark at the end, and so it is not an actual question?

Which, by the way, is a good sign of what one already assumes or believes is true.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:35 am When it's the first time you've ever said something, there's no space to say things like "How much MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD and CLEAR do you want me to BE, BEFORE you can COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND?"
But I have been saying the exact same thing. Just in different words.

I was just seeing how curious you really are, and how long you would make assumptions and jump to conclusions before you would just ask questions, to gain actual clarity instead first.

Also, I was here just asking you, for clarity, how much more do you want from me. We still await this, and many other, Honest answers from you.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:35 am You're just being ridiculous at this point.
Okay.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I was just seeing how curious you really are, and how long you would make assumptions and jump to conclusions before you would just ask questions, to gain actual clarity instead first.
I've been asking questions the entire time you troll. You're playing stupid far too much.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I'm starting to think maybe you're not fully comfortable with the english language. Is english not your native language? Is that why you talk like this all the time? Is that why you're so opaque about your thoughts and you can't directly respond to requests for clarity?

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 am I don't want clarity from you anymore, Age.
Okay.

From my perspective you never really were seeking clarity correctly anyway.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 amYou're insufferable.
Okay.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 am Even when you're going out of your way to try not to be,
Why did you assume and jump to this conclusion?

What actual proof or evidence do you have for this?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 am you're insufferable.
Again, okay.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 am You're a **** to your core.
Okay.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 am
This is because I want the actual proof of just how much the adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, would just make assumptions and jump to conclusions before they ever just ask questions, in order to just obtain clarification and gain actual clarity, first.
Sounds like it's your explicit goal to be unlikable and frustrating to talk to.
Or, it could be something completely different, correct,?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 am You're doing great at that. If this is genuinely your philosophy to how you approach conversations here, you're literally a troll.
Is it not, therefore what you say here is moot.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 am You literally have the conversational philosophy of a troll.
Here is another prime example of one making assumptions, jumping to conclusions, and then believing that they have discovered and know the truth, BEFORE ANY ACTUAL CLARITY IS GAINED FIRST.

As I said I am seeking to show, with proof, how 'you', human beings, really were, back in those 'olden days'.

Also, how the test subjects view the one who is doing the experiment on them is of no real concern to me, nor to anything here.

The experiment and test is over now, correct?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Considering that you didn't engage honestly for your half of the conversation, the experiment never began. You're a troll, and it's only coming to light now that you've been trolling the entire time. I've asked you for clarity countless times, and you're now revealing that you've *deliberately withheld clarity from the conversation* as some sort of sick test.

You're a moron. Maybe I'm a bigger moron for giving you a chance.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:02 am
I've been asking questions the entire time you troll. You're playing stupid far too much.
And I answered 'the questions' you asked.

See, why it takes 'you', adult human beings, so long to uncover and find thee actual Truth of things, and gain full clarity and True understanding, is because of the incorrect way you pose your questions, (and answer questions also by the way).