A Theory of Enlightenment: The number system as a model of the evolution of consciousness

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Re: A Theory of Enlightenment: The number system as a model of the evolution of consciousness

Post by roydop »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:02 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:46 pm When I sit in a quiet room I experience no thoughts and complete bliss. Oh, but somehow I'm wrong...
There is a reason for the expression, "ignorance is bliss." You're just doing it on purpose, intentionally reducing yourself to the state of an amoeba.

As I said, if you are happy with that, I'm not going to discourage you. Amoeba's seem to be satisfied with that kind of mindlessness.
Nope, I'm not talking about regressing to a lower level of Self Awareness, but transcending to a higher level. The issue here is that you haven't had any experience abiding in/as effortless thought free Awareness, so the only frame of reference you have to draw from is the lesser perspective.

I'm not trying to be condescending, this is just what's happening here. Effortless thought free Awareness is a higher level of Self Awareness than that of normal human consciousness. If you can't abide in effortless thought free Awareness you won't be able to relate, so if that's the case your opinion on this is irrelevant.
Dontaskme

Re: A Theory of Enlightenment: The number system as a model of the evolution of consciousness

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:52 am
roydop wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:46 pm When I sit in a quiet room I experience no thoughts and complete bliss. Oh, but somehow I'm wrong...
There is a reason for the expression, "ignorance is bliss." You're just doing it on purpose, intentionally reducing yourself to the state of an amoeba.

As I said, if you are happy with that, I'm not going to discourage you. Amoeba's seem to be satisfied with that kind of mindlessness.
Nope, I'm not talking about regressing to a lower level of Self Awareness, but transcending to a higher level. The issue here is that you haven't had any experience abiding in/as effortless thought free Awareness, so the only frame of reference you have to draw from is the lesser perspective.

I'm not trying to be condescending, this is just what's happening here. Effortless thought free Awareness is a higher level of Self Awareness than that of normal human consciousness. If you can't abide in effortless thought free Awareness you won't be able to relate, so if that's the case your opinion on this is irrelevant.
I've heard all this higher level of ''self-awareness '' shite before. Used to watch Leo Gura pedal the same crap. I stopped watching because I grew to despise that smug wide grin that spoke the words ''I know God'' and ''You don't'' ... this smug grin would periodically take over his entire face, it was the most cringe worthy image I've ever seen.

It's obvious that those speaking of this experience are very young on the path, and haven't yet reached the impasse, namely, the end game, which is not pretty by any stretch of the imagination. It's a very rude wake up call, that often with people like you goes down like a lead balloon, and that's exactly what happens, but obviously not happened to you yet, so enjoy your trip, and while you are doing so, remember to come back down to bug planet back to the real world reality of being a parasitic bug just like every other living parasitic organism.

Not related to you personally...but imagine someone who gloats about the art of abiding in effortless thought free Awareness, meanwhile his wife while walking home from work is captured by some nutter on the loose, bundled into a van, then taken to some remote woods and raped repeatedly, then as if that was not enough, once that ordeal was over, she is then subjected to being brutally and repeatly struck over the head with a heavy hammer, until dead, then left to rot all alone.

That would be a perfectly acceptable event wouldn't it, there would be absolutely no suffering involved at the hearing of this horrific event.

I used to delude myself with all things spiritual, until I grew to despise my illusions of grandeur, until I had my final and last awakening. I grew up and faced the real world as it actually is, and not how I imagined it to be.

roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:16 am
roydop wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:52 am

I've heard all this higher level of ''self-awareness '' shite before. Used to watch Leo Gura pedal the same crap. I stopped watching because I grew to despise that smug wide grin that spoke the words ''I know God'' and ''You don't'' ... this smug grin would periodically take over his entire face, it was the most cringe worthy image I've ever seen.

It's obvious that those speaking of this experience are very young on the path, and haven't yet reached the impasse, namely, the end game, which is not pretty by any stretch of the imagination. It's a very rude wake up call, that often with people like you goes down like a lead balloon, and that's exactly what happens, but obviously not happened to you yet, so enjoy your trip, and while you are doing so, remember to come back down to bug planet back to the real world reality of being a parasitic bug just like every other living parasitic organism.

Not related to you personally...but imagine someone who gloats about the art of abiding in effortless thought free Awareness, meanwhile his wife while walking home from work is captured by some nutter on the loose, bundled into a van, then taken to some remote woods and raped repeatedly, then as if that was not enough, once that ordeal was over, she is then subjected to being brutally and repeatly struck over the head with a heavy hammer, until dead, then left to rot all alone.

That would be a perfectly acceptable event wouldn't it, there would be absolutely no suffering involved at the hearing of this horrific event.

I used to delude myself with all things spiritual, until I grew to despise my illusions of grandeur, until I had my final and last awakening. I grew up and faced the real world as it actually is, and not how I imagined it to be.

The end game is happiness. It's obvious you have not arrived here yet.

The path is through thought free Awareness. That's it, that's all. Those thoughts you have no control of are the way you imagine the world to be. If you had no thoughts you would be abiding in/as the world actually is.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:20 pm
Well you would say something like that wouldn't you oh egotistical up your own arse spiritually wise one. Apart from the fact you have in reality absolutely no clue as to the state of my mind, forces you into a position where you can only speculate based on your own experiences. Truth is, you'll never know anything about how I really feel and think, except what you feel and think I'm feeling and thinking, and that will be so far removed from thee actual truth.

Guess what enlightenment really means? It means please for fucks sake, get over yourself.
roydop wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:20 pmThe path is through thought free Awareness. That's it, that's all. Those thoughts you have no control of are the way you imagine the world to be. If you had no thoughts you would be abiding in/as the world actually is.
Oh really, then I guess if you say so then it must surely be true, for you there. Not that I here, give a fuck.
My life is perfect just as it is, despite what you think or believe. The poster that goes by the name of Alex played the same card, informing me that my state of being was below par, like he would know, and needed me to know what he knows. What a joke you people are.

If you like to suck lifes dick like a crack addict, then be my guest, if that's what gets you through your boring bug life. As for me, I'm all for the endgame which is my little secret I like to keep all to myself, coz it makes me smile and tingle all over every time I think about it.

Just keep pretending you are a rock and ignore the fact that children and animals are being abused every minute of the day by the most spiteful and selfish and very dumb species on the planet.

roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:01 pm
Well you would say something like that wouldn't you oh egotistical up your own arse spiritually wise one. Apart from the fact you have in reality absolutely no clue as to the state of my mind, forces you into a position where you can only speculate based on your own experiences. Truth is, you'll never know anything about how I really feel and think, except what you feel and think I'm feeling and thinking, and that will be so far removed from thee actual truth.

Guess what enlightenment really means? It means please for fucks sake, get over yourself.
roydop wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:20 pmThe path is through thought free Awareness. That's it, that's all. Those thoughts you have no control of are the way you imagine the world to be. If you had no thoughts you would be abiding in/as the world actually is.
Oh really, then I guess if you say so then it must surely be true, for you there. Not that I here, give a fuck.
My life is perfect just as it is, despite what you think or believe. The poster that goes by the name of Alex played the same card, informing me that my state of being was below par, like he would know, and needed me to know what he knows. What a joke you people are.

If you like to suck lifes dick like a crack addict, then be my guest, if that's what gets you through your boring bug life. As for me, I'm all for the endgame which is my little secret I like to keep all to myself, coz it makes me smile and tingle all over every time I think about it.

Just keep pretending you are a rock and ignore the fact that children and animals are being abused every minute of the day by the most spiteful and selfish and very dumb species on the planet.

I prefer happiness.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:00 pm
I prefer happiness.
Good for you.

I don't prefer anything.

I'm just content with whatever shit comes my way. It's not like I can avoid whatever shit happens to come my way. It's not like
I have a time machine where I can undo the doing.

I don't have high standards, like some egos do, I'm very low maintenance, I'm very easily pleased, due to the fact that it's really easy being me. Other people I often find uneasy. I'm sick of hearing people always saying to me''.. I'm bored what shall we do now...''
When all I want to do is do nothing all day long, which is my perfect life, even posting on this forum is not really doing anything. Fortunately, I don't have any use for preferences, I just take whatever shit comes my way, I do not reject anything.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dear Roy.

I guess one can have new awakenings.

Having watched and listened very carefully to your recent video postings on this forum, I definitely can see more clearly now where you are coming from in regard to the nondual message and your important point about how to end suffering. I didn't quite get it when I replied to this thread, but now I do.
Sorry I was so harsh and critical of you, in my replies to you, on your own thread topic.

It wasn't until I watched your (Commentary on Leo and Curt's discussion, by Kali the destroyer of illusion (aka: roy dopson) ) including the part 2...last night, did I realise what a load of shite I was throwing around on your thread, which I deeply and genuinely regret doing now.

Because I have had my perspective changed, just by seeing you in real personage, and listening deeply to your words, instead of just acting reactively and kneejerkingly like I did on this thread.

Anyway just to let you know, you have defintely changed my mind about ''suffering'' and how it really can be ended. I totally agree with you, because I really do understand what you are saying now, whereas before I wasn't even aware you had made videos, I did not really understand where you were coming from when you were talking about how suffering can be ended, but now I get you Roy.

So just wanted to clear this mess up, the one I made, and say I am so sorry Roy...You have changed my mind, about suffering, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I got it wrong Roy...I admit I got it wrong about the message you left here...I got it wrong, and I see that it was I here who was wrong...NOT YOU

Last night in your video, the one with curt and leo...you said something about the purpose of being is to get out of the game...is exactly how I see it too, that comment made perfect sense to me, and I had not realised that was what you are mostly talking about...and it wasn't until I watched that amazing video last night did I realise how RIGHT you are, and how I absolutely 100% agree with you Roy.

I'm just so ANGRY AND SAD about all the suffering that is life on earth...but listening to you last night in that video, changed everything, it made me see things differently, and only something you have said has caused that shift to happen in me.

I was the one not getting it Roy...not you, you really get it Roy, you really do...My bad Roy, my bad, I get so angry when I do not have to, and you showed me how not to be angry and sad Roy...so thanks.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Roy, thank you, thank you, thank you so much...you are right. I hadn't arrived, just like you told me, when I was responding to this thread. Yes, I totally understand what you meant now.
I agree Roy, I get it now, I really understand this now...thank you for posting your videos to this forum, because had I not been able to see and listen to you talk about these things which you can do much better in a video than on a forum, then I wouldn't have been able to hear you in a more clear and precise way...so I'm glad that I was able to see clearly in your video what you were trying to say to me in this thread.

I too agree that the endgame needs to be reached, before we can ever be free of suffering. I totally get it now, thank you so much.

I never meant to bash you personally Roy, I think you are an amazing compassionate warm caring human being. I was not bashing you personally Roy, and I know you will see that, I know you will, because you are kind and generous.
Hermit Philosopher

Post by Hermit Philosopher »

Hello again roydop,

I thought you had posted this in the maths section to receive feedback on your ideas from mathematicians. Most of us don’t possess in-depth understanding of every single aspect involved in the bigger picture of a new perspective forming in us, so that seemed like a very mature, responsible approach on your part, I thought.

Yet, to do so and not really want their feedback or be interested in the implications of what they have to say on the accounts you give for your wider understanding, may not be the most conducive of actions.

I’d agree with another fellow’s comment to you: would it not be more suitable to post things on this topic in the metaphysics section instead?

I hope I have not offended you; it is not my intention.

Humbly,
Hermit
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

This topic is aptly placed correctly here in the Mathematics forum.

Everything in the universe is part of a mathematical structure. There is no higher number than Zero.

Zero is real. And 1 is just an illusory reflection of the real. Many of the ONE

Just saying...
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:45 am Dear Roy.

Having watched and listened very carefully to your recent video postings on this forum, I definitely can see more clearly now where you are coming from in regard to the nondual message and your important point about how to end suffering. I didn't quite get it when I replied to this thread, but now I do.
Sorry I was so harsh and critical of you, in my replies to you, on your own thread topic.

It wasn't until I watched your (Commentary on Leo and Curt's discussion, by Kali the destroyer of illusion (aka: roy dopson) ) including the part 2...last night, did I realise what a load of shite I was throwing around on your thread, which I deeply and genuinely regret doing now.

Because I have had my perspective changed, just by seeing you in real personage, and listening deeply to your words, instead of just acting reactively and kneejerkingly like I did on this thread.

Anyway just to let you know, you have defintely changed my mind about ''suffering'' and how it really can be ended. I totally agree with you, because I really do understand what you are saying now, whereas before I wasn't even aware you had made videos, I did not really understand where you were coming from when you were talking about how suffering can be ended, but now I get you Roy.

So just wanted to clear this mess up, the one I made, and say I am so sorry Roy...You have changed my mind, about suffering, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I got it wrong Roy...I admit I got it wrong about the message you left here...I got it wrong, and I see that it was I here who was wrong...NOT YOU

Last night in your video, the one with curt and leo...you said something about the purpose of being is to get out of the game...is exactly how I see it too, that comment made perfect sense to me, and I had not realised that was what you are mostly talking about...and it wasn't until I watched that amazing video last night did I realise how RIGHT you are, and how I absolutely 100% agree with you Roy.

I'm just so ANGRY AND SAD about all the suffering that is life on earth...but listening to you last night in that video, changed everything, it made me see things differently, and only something you have said has caused that shift to happen in me.

I was the one not getting it Roy...not you, you really get it Roy, you really do...My bad Roy, my bad, I get so angry when I do not have to, and you showed me how not to be angry and sad Roy...so thanks.
Yes I could tell by your language regarding suffering (eg: "I don't suffer my suffering") that you have the slightly skewed perspective that most neo-Advaitists do, which is that suffering is a part of Enlightenment. Their model of: "All is one" is too simplistic and therefore requires ALL (Samsara and Moksha) to be the same state. This is the equivalent of saying: 1=1 where my model is

1=0

As when looking into a mirro one can say: "That's me." while simultaneously possessing the inherent intuition: "I am not that." The nondualists's model is the equivalent of looking into the mirror and saying "That's me and I am that." I have pointed this out on nondual forums and I get pretty much the same response that I get at this place. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:45 am Dear Roy.

Yes I could tell by your language regarding suffering (eg: "I don't suffer my suffering") that you have the slightly skewed perspective that most neo-Advaitists do, which is that suffering is a part of Enlightenment. Their model of: "All is one" is too simplistic and therefore requires ALL (Samsara and Moksha) to be the same state. This is the equivalent of saying: 1=1 where my model is

1=0

As when looking into a mirro one can say: "That's me." while simultaneously possessing the inherent intuition: "I am not that." The nondualists's model is the equivalent of looking into the mirror and saying "That's me and I am that." I have pointed this out on nondual forums and I get pretty much the same response that I get at this place. :D
I totally agree with your model Roy… I understand what you mean about the neo advaita nondualist mentality that I was stuck in, yes you are right, and so I just want to thank you for unblocking me….not you literally, but my own realisation through your our words.

Take care, and peace out.

Ps I nearly forgot…thanks for popping in to reply, it was very courteous of you, thank you so much.