Logic is a Ponzi scheme

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Logic is a Ponzi scheme

Post by roydop »

All systems of thought originate from the infinite potential of the Absolute. If the originating thought of a system points consciousness directly back into the Absolute, the system dies out because the the "answer" has been reached; the system has operated properly and is thus concluded. If, however, the originating thought does not succeed in directing consciousness back into the Absolute, the system will evolve. The evolution itself is an indication that: Either the model for the system is incorrect or the interpretation of the model is incorrect, or a combination of these.

This evolution is not truth, but rather a Ponzi scheme that directs all of the energy into the construction and sustenance of the system itself. Logic is the perfect poster child for this. Logic itself is in error. The entire system is a Ponzi scheme. The fact that it has no conclusion and continues to expand indefinitely is a glaringly obvious testament to this fact.

Logic is a system where the only purpose served by the system is the perpetuation of the system itself. Logic does not lead anywhere or lessen suffering or lead to reality in any way.

The same is for ALL systems of thought. The continual propagation/evolution of religion, philosophy, psychology, science (esp. physics) indicates that they are ALL in error. They ALL develop into systems attempting to validate their own correctness/existence.

If you can't see this you have accepted the Ponzi. To free yourself from it, shift awareness into the thought free state.
Skepdick

Re: Logic is a Ponzi scheme

Post by Skepdick »

The purpose of logic is to express your train of thought.

The purpose of expressing your train of thought is to structure it in a way that's communicable to others.

In so far it's useful to somebody for the purpose at hand - it's not a Ponzi scheme. Logic is the only language computers understands.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

if it jumps the shark, it will be a Fonzie scheme...

-Imp
roydop

Post by roydop »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:02 pm The purpose of logic is to express your train of thought.

The purpose of expressing your train of thought is to structure it in a way that's communicable to others.

In so far it's useful to somebody for the purpose at hand - it's not a Ponzi scheme. Logic is the only language computers understands.
So the purpose of thought is to generate more thought.

And this isn't a Ponzi?

If you could see the situation from a higher dimensional perspective (thought free Awareness) you would WANT THE FUCK OUT!!
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

roydop wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm So the purpose of thought is to generate more thought.

And this isn't a Ponzi?
If the purpose of thought was to generate less thought, we'd have no thought left.
roydop wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm If you could see the situation from a higher dimensional perspective (thought free Awareness) you would WANT THE FUCK OUT!!
I do see the situation from a higher-dimensional perspective. It's called higher-order logic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher-order_logic

Computer software is amongst the most complex of human creations.

It is complex by design because its purpose is to cope with the complexity of the real world. If you WANT THE FUCK OUT!! from the world - it's your call really.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:17 pm
roydop wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm So the purpose of thought is to generate more thought.

And this isn't a Ponzi?
If the purpose of thought was to generate less thought, we'd have no thought left.
roydop wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm If you could see the situation from a higher dimensional perspective (thought free Awareness) you would WANT THE FUCK OUT!!
I do see the situation from a higher-dimensional perspective. It's called higher-order logic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher-order_logic

Computer software is amongst the most complex of human creations.

It is complex by design because its purpose is to cope with the complexity of the real world. If you WANT THE FUCK OUT!! from the world - it's your call really.
Precisely. It is thought that is the cause of all suffering. I know this because 80% of my interior monologue has disappeared along with 80% of suffering in my life.

My suffering has changed to absolute (not relative to anything) happiness. I prefer happiness to mental stimulation. That's my call.