Counting is a misinterpretation of 0 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mickthinks

Re: Counting is a misinterpretation of 0 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Post by mickthinks »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pmcouldn't find one with lightning...
It's like you can't cope with philosophical discussion, imp. What is it about the activity of philosophy that frightens you?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

roydop wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:29 am Before you placed that imaginary 0d dot, there exists the potential to place that 0d dot. Potential: "having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future."

There is no such phenomenon as a "void". No one has ever found a void. Not in space, not prior to the Big Bang, not even in theory. It exists only as an incorrect concept.

"Nothing" is a fantasy conjured up by materialists that think the physical realm is fundamental. There is only Life. The two aspects of Life are birth and death.

You cannot not exist. You are the timeless absolute. YOU are the phenomenon 0 is representing. You are neither body nor mind but that which experiences thoughts and sensations.

This i have realized in/as my own experience. Hence i no longer suffer.

You will not understand until you find that which does not change (thought free awareness) in your own experience.
1. Potentiality is unactuality, it is an absence of that which has form.

2. Void is an absence of form, one cannot prove a complete void as they would be proving nothing.

3. Void, ie absence of form, can be observed behind an axiom which is accepted without thought. Nothing lies behind an axiom. Take for example a line, nothing lies behind it.

4. Death is void of life. Death is a void.

5. My inability to observe all phenomenon necessitates my existence as relative.

6. You still grow hungry and get sick thus you still suffer.

7. Thought free awareness is void of form as thoughts are forms.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:14 am
roydop wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:29 am Before you placed that imaginary 0d dot, there exists the potential to place that 0d dot. Potential: "having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future."

There is no such phenomenon as a "void". No one has ever found a void. Not in space, not prior to the Big Bang, not even in theory. It exists only as an incorrect concept.

"Nothing" is a fantasy conjured up by materialists that think the physical realm is fundamental. There is only Life. The two aspects of Life are birth and death.

You cannot not exist. You are the timeless absolute. YOU are the phenomenon 0 is representing. You are neither body nor mind but that which experiences thoughts and sensations.

You will not understand until you find that which does not change (thought free awareness) in your own experience.

2. Void is an absence of form, one cannot prove a complete void as they would be proving nothing.

3. Void, ie absence of form, can be observed behind an axiom which is accepted without thought. Nothing lies behind an axiom. Take for example a line, nothing lies behind it.

5. My inability to observe all phenomenon necessitates my existence as relative.

You have everything inverted.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

mickthinks wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am
Impenitent wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pmcouldn't find one with lightning...
It's like you can't cope with philosophical discussion, imp. What is it about the activity of philosophy that frightens you?
I've reviewed this entire thread twice looking for that philosophy you mentioned. All I could find was a bunch of mystic nonsense. Perhaps you could point out where that illusive philosophy is.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

I've reviewed this entire thread twice looking for that philosophy you mentioned.

That's where you went wrong. You could have spent that time looking for an opportunity to contribute the philosophy you feel is missing. You know, like impy never does.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

roydop wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:34 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:14 am

You have everything inverted.
Then that means nothingness can be inverted into something through the very same self negation of said nothingness.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:49 pm Then that means nothingness can be inverted into something through the very same self negation of said nothingness.
How does self negation work?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

commonsense wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:21 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:49 pm Then that means nothingness can be inverted into something through the very same self negation of said nothingness.
Through voiding of said phenomena being observed (ie the self in this case). This void occurs through the division of said phenomena into an opposing dualism where the opposite cancels out its former.
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

Shouldn't this whole thread be transferred to the "Religious" forum?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

alan1000 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:47 pm Shouldn't this whole thread be transferred to the "Religious" forum?
All of Mathematics too.

It's invented, not discovered.
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

I know I'm repeating myself, but: insofar as this thread contains anything of any intellectual value, shouldn't it be transferred to the religious forum? Don't the moderators have ANY standards of mathematical integrity?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:10 am
Through voiding of said phenomena being observed (ie the self in this case). This void occurs through the division of said phenomena into an opposing dualism where the opposite cancels out its former.

How does one eliminate oneself from being observed as you have stated here? Is it through the division of self into a dualism where opposites oppose each other? What is an opposing dualism? Please clarify in lay terms.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:08 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:10 am

How does one eliminate oneself from being observed as you have stated here? Is it through the division of self into a dualism where opposites oppose each other? What is an opposing dualism? Please clarify in lay terms.
If one observes the self they observe the self through a new angle which is still the self; there is a multiplicity of selves thus a contrast between one self and another which necessitates a void between them. This multiplicity of selves, through self referentiality, is a negation of the singular self. One self being distinct from another self is one angle of awareness being distinct from another; this distinction is contrast and contrast requires a minimum of a dualism given the dualism is the beginning of multiplicity and multiplicity results in contrast.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

alan1000 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:47 pm Shouldn't this whole thread be transferred to the "Religious" forum?
Mathematics is quantification; quantification is the separation or unification of phenomenon; separation/unification is the application of limits/boundaries; limits/boundaries are believed; belief necessitates a religious nature thus mathematics is religious in nature.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

roydop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:15 pm 0 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 is obviously transmitting information/a message.
So is passing gas. Point?

I have always made the case that mathematics is complete BS because all things in the Universe are unique and therefore there is no such thing as "2' or '3', ....