Are Numbers Manmade?

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Are Numbers Manmade?

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:15 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 pm All assertions are descriptive
Are they now? What is an assertion describing?

Itself "as is".
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:07 pm Each phenomenon of the film inverts to a new one. One position in time and space (the cat) inverts to a new position (the dog).
No. They are discrete, still frames, but when I play 30 of them per second it seems like a continuous series of events to you.

Each frame inverts to a new frame, with each frame being a descriptive assertion of time and space.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:38 pm Actually we exist through them as all symbolism points to a new symbol.
Things existed long before symbols. Using symbols/abstraction is what makes us different to everything else that exists.

False, both things and symbols are mediated by the premise they are images. All reality as one image directed to another is symbolic by nature.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:38 pm It is asserted as it is assumed. We assume phenomenon then assert them to further reassume them.
Yeah. No. I'll kick you in the balls - you tell me that's an "assumption" on the phenomenon of "pleasant experience.

I assume, am imprinted by, the sensation and project a response accordingly.
To assume is to be imprinted by.