Counting as grounded in Assumption of Void

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Counting as grounded in Assumption of Void

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:55 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 pm Anti-foundationalists.
Which anti-foundationalist said that?
So you are asking for a foundational statement?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 pm Anti-foundationalists.
No. I am not. I am asking you to quote the anti-foundationalist you are mis-representing.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:00 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 pm
No. I am not. I am asking you to quote the anti-foundationalist you are mis-representing.
How can I? If antifoundationalism is an absence of foundation, it cannot be defined as this definition is a foundation...its a mu statement.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:04 pm How can I? If antifoundationalism is an absence of foundation, it cannot be defined as this definition is a foundation...its a mu statement.
I don't know what a mu statement is. It's your private language. It's incoherent to me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm I am Skepdick.

You first have to exist before you can answer the question of who am I

Are there two of you?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:17 pm You first have to exist before you can answer the question of who am I
Correct. Which is why I answered it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:21 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:17 pm You first have to exist before you can answer the question of who am I
Correct. Which is why I answered it.
If you already exist, why would you need to question whether you exist or not, why would the question who am I even arise in you, obviously if the question arises in you then you are going to have the answer because you are already self evident to yourself.

Every problem/question can be brought back to this initial problem/question: who am I?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:29 pm If you already exist, why would you need to question whether you exist or not, why would the question who am I even arise in you
, obviously if the question arises in you then you are going to have the answer because you are already self evident to yourself.
I didn't ask that question, and it didn't arise in me. It arose in you - you asked that question of me.

You also made a proposition. "You first have to exist before you can answer the question of who am I".
I answered your question "Who am I?" with "I am Skepdick".

If you had any doubts about my existence - that should've settled them.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:29 pm Every problem/question can be brought back to this initial problem/question: who am I?
I told you who I am. It didn't help me answer the question "Were you doubting my existence?"
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:34 pm I didn't ask that question, and it didn't arise in me. It arose in you - you asked that question of me.
But you only assumed the question was referring to you. A question can only refer to itself.

So why would you answer a question you didn't ask?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:50 pm But you only assumed the question was referring to you. A question can only refer to itself.
Then you probably shouldn't have typed it out and pushed "Submit"?
A question is meaningless when separated from the mind that asked it.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:50 pm So why would you answer a question you didn't ask?
Because you asked it. Of me. On a public forum. So I figured you wanted to know and I politely answered.

Why would you ask me a question if you don't want me to answer it?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:50 pm But you only assumed the question was referring to you. A question can only refer to itself.
Then you probably shouldn't have typed it out and pushed "Submit"?
I have no idea of who is typing words, I can only make an assumption of who. That's why the question arises in the first place because there is an assumption that there is a mind that wants to know what it cannot know.
Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:57 pmA question is meaningless when separated from the mind that asked it.
That's like saying a story in a book can be separated from the book.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:50 pm So why would you answer a question you didn't ask?
Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:57 pmBecause you asked it.
If I asked it then I would have known the answer since I already exist. Why would I then ask you the question that I already have the answer to? Questions can only refer to themself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:57 pm Because you asked it. Of me. On a public forum. So I figured you wanted to know and I politely answered.

Why would you ask me a question if you don't want me to answer it?
I repeat. A question of who am I can only refer to itself. Not another self.

If you already exist, the question can only come from the other self which is your identified self, the named self.

That other self does not exist, for if it did, there would be two of you.

The question of where is New York city can be answered by any I because that is common knowledge known, known to anyone that has acquired that knowledge.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:07 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:04 pm How can I? If antifoundationalism is an absence of foundation, it cannot be defined as this definition is a foundation...its a mu statement.
I don't know what a mu statement is. It's your private language. It's incoherent to me.
Google it...it is not private language.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: ... 3. If I divide the line or line segment, in half what I do is take one form and turn it into many forms. This is the foundation of counting ...
How do you account for counting before anyone thought of line representations or 'zero' or to put it another way how do you account for innumerate shepherds being able to count their flock?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:08 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: ... 3. If I divide the line or line segment, in half what I do is take one form and turn it into many forms. This is the foundation of counting ...
How do you account for counting before anyone thought of line representations or 'zero' or to put it another way how do you account for innumerate shepherds being able to count their flock?
Zero and void are the same thing viewed from different angles, we both angles of awareness as empty assumptions equivocated to the same point being observed.

Also the phrases "Zeroing out" and "Voiding out" are the same thing. The word "void" and the symbol "0" (or the word "zero") are empty concepts in themselves.

We cannot say the line representations where thought of prior or after the flock considering the line or dot has been using for counting mechanisms intuitively for millenia.

Second the point as void, voiding itself results in one point moving to another point. If I divide a point in half I still have a ration of 2 points to the original 1. Or two points as 1 considering a point is always a point.

So if I have 3 points, and all points are the same this is 1/3 of a point and 3/1 points simultaneously.

Third, in measuring distance intuitively when hunting or simply pointing to something in a distance the line is a constant between the observed point of awareness and the point that is "assumed" as an extension of the observer. This basic point of the observer and the point in time/space is the most basic act of definition intuitively observing a linear connection.