Vortex Math

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Vortex Math

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik

Re: Vortex Math

Post by Logik »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:34 pm Vortex Math:

https://www.theproblemsite.com/vortex/
This is the foundation of Manderbolt fractals.

Here is a video that explains the idea much more simply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbuKbxJsk8&t=4s

I won't spoil the intro, but will simply say that behind this beauty hides a very common mathematical function.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You mean Mandelbrot?
Logik

Post by Logik »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:43 pm You mean Mandelbrot?
If you are correcting me you understood me ;)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

If I was I wouldn't have used a question mark. I was reasonably sure but mathematics is a big far away place to me. :)
Logik

Post by Logik »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:57 am If I was I wouldn't have used a question mark. I was reasonably sure but mathematics is a big far away place to me. :)
You made a plausible guess ( Manderbolt ~ Mandelbrot), made a bet (asked me if I was mistaken) and you landed on the money.

But you were on the money without having to ask. You guessed right even without having to confirm: I made a typo.

Magical human brain.

Unless there is actually some guy by the name of Manderbolt who comes up on the first page of google....
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

P.s.
I thought the foundation for the Mandlebrot set was some old guy Poincaree or something like that? As 'vortex maths' is just a load of old cobblers from a mystical numerologist.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:52 am P.s.
I thought the foundation for the Mandlebrot set was some old guy Poincaree or something like that? As 'vortex maths' is just a load of old cobblers from a mystical numerologist.
Watch the video I posted. I am using 'foundation' in an imprecise, broad and approximate sense.

What I am pointing at is the correlation in visual patterns that appear in both Vortex Maths and Mandelbrot fractals.

The reason why that's amusing (to me anyway) is because we are observing the same VISUAL patterns in two very different mathematical paradigms.

Fractals are in the paradigm of infinitism: infinite circumference, but finite surface area.
Circles are in the paradigm of finitism: a finite circumference and finite surface area.

In arithmetic finitism and infinitism are NOT compatible paradigms. In geometry they are.

I don't really know what to make of that except: Hah! COOL!