The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:26 pm
False, because all truth statements are self evident to the observer and as such form there perception in such a manner where it becomes knowledge...ie "knowing". Knowledge is inherently linked in with perspective, in this respect, and truth statements are not just an extension of it but intertwined.
Did we arrive at self-evident truth now ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell physicists they are wasting YEARS of their lives learning all that nonsense - apparently QM is self-evident.
Tell EVERYBODY how you can read minds and you are the only human on this planet who has conquered informational asymmetry ;)
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:26 pm
The way you word things...I am beginning to believe you are lying about your private life as well.
The way you interpret my wording of things speaks more about your character than mine.
You sound rather paranoid. You've certainly accused me of lying more times than I care to count...

I am a sanctimonious moralist, remember?

I am the one who argues FOR objective morality, while you are playing your little relativist games.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:48 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:26 pm
False, because all truth statements are self evident to the observer and as such form there perception in such a manner where it becomes knowledge...ie "knowing". Knowledge is inherently linked in with perspective, in this respect, and truth statements are not just an extension of it but intertwined.
Did we arrive at self-evident truth now ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell physicists they are wasting YEARS of their lives learning all that nonsense - apparently QM is self-evident.
Tell EVERYBODY how you can read minds and you are the only human on this planet who has conquered informational asymmetry ;)

You tell me:

Physicists study the universe (matter...which is a controversial term, energy, etc.).
We are composed of the universe.
Hence physics is the universe studying itself through a self referential loop.

All phenomenon are axioms, ie self evident truths.


Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:26 pm
The way you word things...I am beginning to believe you are lying about your private life as well.
The way you interpret my wording of things speaks more about your character than mine.
You sound rather paranoid. You've certainly accused me of lying more times than I care to count...

I am a sanctimonious moralist, remember?

I am the one who argues FOR objective morality, while you are playing your little relativist games.

False, there is not objective morality under your stance as this constitutes a truth statement and both truth and morality are separate according to you.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Logik » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:41 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:30 pm
False, there is not objective morality under your stance as this constitutes a truth statement and both truth and morality are separate according to you.
I keep on having to remind you that you are not a mind reader. Because if you could read minds you wouldn't keep straw-manning my arguments.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Logik wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:41 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:30 pm
False, there is not objective morality under your stance as this constitutes a truth statement and both truth and morality are separate according to you.
I keep on having to remind you that you are not a mind reader. Because if you could read minds you wouldn't keep straw-manning my arguments.
False, straw-manning is strictly the inevitable "entropy" you cannot stop...no matter how hard you try.

That is if you want to take it as "straw-manning".

However in light of your claims that that truth and morality are seperate...I am just connecting the dots. What you expect all your posts to exist as seperate thoughts? That is just schizophrenic.

Face it, morality and truth are seperate according to you...there is no objective morality. You just make up whatever you...well...how to word it? There is a reason you feel threatened by philosophy...it just exposes how divided you are.

But that is not really a bad thing, or good...everything entropies, including your arguments. You become what you fear.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Logik » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm
False, straw-manning is strictly the inevitable "entropy" you cannot stop...no matter how hard you try.
No. It's just a choice. Your choice. And you are just a man - man can be stopped. Trivially.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm
However in light of your claims that that truth and morality are seperate...I am just connecting the dots. What you expect all your posts to exist as seperate thoughts? That is just schizophrenic.
What I expect you to understand is why I had to separate them. So that I can explain them to you in parts, before putting them back together.
Alas, you are a 20-something year old who has yet to tame his temper, his anger, his rebelliousness. So you jump to conclusions.

The only "Truth" is moral truth. Everything else is <insert some label here>. Facts? Knowledge?

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Logik wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm
False, straw-manning is strictly the inevitable "entropy" you cannot stop...no matter how hard you try.
No. It's just a choice. Your choice. And you are just a man - man can be stopped. Trivially.

Entropy, as a process of divergence, observes "choice" itself as equal to or subject to higher laws that ground space.

Entropy is strictly an inversion of one phenomenon to many phenomenon, and as such it is grounded in "void".


Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm
However in light of your claims that that truth and morality are seperate...I am just connecting the dots. What you expect all your posts to exist as seperate thoughts? That is just schizophrenic.
What I expect you to understand is why I had to separate them. So that I can explain them to you in parts, before putting them back together.
Alas, you are a 20-something year old who has yet to tame his temper, his anger, his rebelliousness. So you jump to conclusions.

Rebelliousness? Please you are a libertarian.

The only "Truth" is moral truth. Everything else is <insert some label here>. Facts? Knowledge?

I see, the only "truth" is "moral" truth...and if morality is a "way of being" and all phenomenon have some degree of consciousness as they are grounded in space (which is the root of consciousness), then all "being" has a truth value to it.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Logik » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 pm
I see, the only "truth" is "moral" truth...and if morality is a "way of being" and all phenomenon have some degree of consciousness as they are grounded in space (which is the root of consciousness), then all "being" has a truth value to it.
Why do you always default to ontological arguments? Why don't you ever examine the systemic/behaviouristic angle?

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Logik wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 pm
I see, the only "truth" is "moral" truth...and if morality is a "way of being" and all phenomenon have some degree of consciousness as they are grounded in space (which is the root of consciousness), then all "being" has a truth value to it.
Why do you always default to ontological arguments? Why don't you ever examine the systemic/behaviouristic angle?
Why do you always put some pseudophilosophical label on and claim you want to kill philosophy when all you are doing to perpetuating it?

Second; because context composes all being as being in itself..."all is space".

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Logik » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm
Why do you always put some pseudophilosophical label on and claim you want to kill philosophy when all you are doing to perpetuating it?
Way to miss the Forrest for the trees. I am demonstrating why philosophy is the Theism of the 21st century... And your responses are helping me make my case.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm
Second; because context composes all being as being in itself..."all is space".
You forgot time. Spacetime...

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Logik wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm
Why do you always put some pseudophilosophical label on and claim you want to kill philosophy when all you are doing to perpetuating it?

Second; because context composes all being as being in itself..."all is space".
You forgot time. Spacetime...
False; Time is space.

Space is unified.
Time is multiplied/divided space. Void is nothingness, not even space, hence time is space unraveling through void.

All is space, time is just finite space as multiple infinities.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Logik » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 pm
False; Time is space.
No... It isn't.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 pm
Space is unified.
Time is multiplied/divided space. Void is nothingness, not even space, hence time is space unraveling through void.

All is space, time is just finite space as multiple infinities.
And that's why murder is wrong?

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The limitations of Aristotelian logic:LOGIC/ESSENCE AND LANGUAGE LEAD TO THE MEANINGLESSNESS OF ALL VIEWS

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Logik wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:46 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 pm
False; Time is space.
No... It isn't.

Actually it really is. If I progress from point A to point B, through time...time exists as the expansion of space; hence the multiplication of space. Time is space.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 pm
Space is unified.
Time is multiplied/divided space. Void is nothingness, not even space, hence time is space unraveling through void.

All is space, time is just finite space as multiple infinities.
And that's why murder is wrong?

Considering all morality is grounded in timing through context (self-defense and murder are differentiated through context)...then yes.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests