The Number System as a Model of The Process of Evolution

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: The Number System as a Model of The Process of Evolution

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:41 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:38 pm Obliviously you are a person who thinks way too much of himself beyond his limited abilities.
Me? I think I am an argumentative and contrarian idiot and I am well aware of my limited abilities.

All the more embarrassing for you that somebody like me can point out your mistakes.
Well that is the essence of your mistake. Since you have pointed out no mistakes.
QED ; you think way too much of yourself.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:26 pm QED ; you think way too much of yourself.
Does that mean you think too little of yourself?

I don't know. Such things seem rather relative...
roydop

Post by roydop »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:01 pm
roydop wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:04 pm If one were to produce the simplest model of the process of evolution, what would that be?

Would it not be the number system?

Each progressive number arises from the "base" provided by the previous numbers, just as the emergence of a new species arises from the base of the source species, all the way back.

There is a tendency to overthink/overcomplicate this. Remember, the query is: What is the simplest model of the process of evolution?
What do the numbers mean?

The simplest model of evolution is more like survival means persistence. Which says much more than a string of integers, which, in this case means nothing whatever.
The numbers represent each evolutionary advancement.

Without adding complexity, the process of 1 - 10 represents the process of evolution. We humans are at the transition of 9 moving to 10, where the process either returns to source (Enlightenment/the end of Samsara) or continues into redundancy (everything on screens and thought).

Consciousness is on the event horizon of an ENORMOUS phase transition. It seems to be moving from a physical experience to a non-physical experience (all "mind"). This transition will be complete at the moment the last human dies.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:03 am
With that in mind, what interests me is the point at when 9 turns into 10.
Good point.

It's like at what point does the human turn into a human. Assuming evolution is really happening.

If a human evolved into it's current form, from what did it evolve from?
At what exact point did the evolving human become an ACTUAL human ?

As for the question ''If one were to produce the simplest model of the process of evolution, what would that be? ''

My answer would be the ''changeless changing'' would produce the simplest model of the process of evolution.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

roydop wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:57 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:01 pm
roydop wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:04 pm If one were to produce the simplest model of the process of evolution, what would that be?

Would it not be the number system?

Each progressive number arises from the "base" provided by the previous numbers, just as the emergence of a new species arises from the base of the source species, all the way back.

There is a tendency to overthink/overcomplicate this. Remember, the query is: What is the simplest model of the process of evolution?
What do the numbers mean?

The simplest model of evolution is more like survival means persistence. Which says much more than a string of integers, which, in this case means nothing whatever.
The numbers represent each evolutionary advancement.

Without adding complexity, the process of 1 - 10 represents the process of evolution. We humans are at the transition of 9 moving to 10, where the process either returns to source (Enlightenment/the end of Samsara) or continues into redundancy (everything on screens and thought).

Consciousness is on the event horizon of an ENORMOUS phase transition. It seems to be moving from a physical experience to a non-physical experience (all "mind"). This transition will be complete at the moment the last human dies.
Rubbish.
Evolution is not about quantity but all about quality.
Evolution is about change not progression.
roydop

Post by roydop »

You misunderstand.

I am saying that we have misinterpreted the meaning of numbers. They do not relate to things. Counting is an incorrect usage of numbers. It's a model/a message.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

wtf wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:37 am The more we dumb down education, the meaner society gets.
The universe has a harsh way with ignorance and folly, and why should I be kinder than the universe? --Mike Alder
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:12 pm
wtf wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:37 am The more we dumb down education, the meaner society gets.
The universe has a harsh way with ignorance and folly, and why should I be kinder than the universe? --Mike Alder
I think wtf is being an oracle - by way of averaging out of society.
wtf

Post by wtf »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 pm I think wtf is being an oracle - by way of averaging out of society.
Am I raising or lowing the average by leaving? I shouldn't ask. Or am I perhaps a black box that solves the Halting problem? That's an oracle in computer science. Or am I like Pythia, the Oracle of Delphi, forever answering questions with ambiguous and impenetrable answers?