Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Logik » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:54 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 pm
How can a nihilist also be a non nihilist ?
Is there a machine that can answer this ?
Oh yes it can! Watch this!

https://repl.it/repls/OrangeCompatibleTransformations

Code: Select all

class Human():

  def __init__(self, name):
    self.name = name

  def __eq__(self, other):
    # Force violation of Identity
    if id(self) == id(other):
      return False
    elif self.__class__ == Human:
      return True


Nihilist = Human('surreptitious57')

print('We have a nihilist over here. His name is...')
print(Nihilist.name)
print('Is a Nihilist a Nihilist?')
print(Nihilist == Nihilist)
print('Is a Nihilist Human?')
print(Nihilist == Human)
Why do you think I am on this crussade to toss out the 'LAW" of identity :)

A THING NEEDS NOT BE THE SAME AS ITSELF.

Other people's language does NOT define you.
Your METALANGUAGE defines you!

Your thoughts define you.

Code: Select all

We have a nihilist over here. His name is...
surreptitious57
Is a Nihilist a Nihilist?
False
Is a Nihilist Human?
True
Nietzsche recognized that the pursuit of the Übermensch was to reject the language of others, and define themselves in their own language!

But you have no language of your own. You are trapped in English!

Free yourself from the tyranny of others! Invent your OWN meta-language. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalanguage
Last edited by Logik on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Age
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Age » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:59 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 am
Even the Universe will eventually die so too will everything else
I know you do not like clearing this up but each time some thing is expressed as an absolute truth, then I have to ask:

Is that an absolute fact that you know for sure?

Also, in another thread you explained that what caused 'you' to come into existence is timeless, which infers an infinite aliveness, which in some ways contradicts what you just wrote here about EVERY thing WILL die. Can you clear this up for me please?

Age
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Age » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Logik wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:54 pm
surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 pm
How can a nihilist also be a non nihilist ?
Is there a machine that can answer this ?
Oh yes it can! Watch this!

https://repl.it/repls/OrangeCompatibleTransformations

Code: Select all

class Human():

  def __init__(self, name):
    self.name = name

  def __eq__(self, other):
    # Force violation of Identity
    if id(self) == id(other):
      return False
    elif self.__class__ == Human:
      return True


Nihilist = Human('surreptitious57')

print('We have a nihilist over here. His name is...')
print(Nihilist.name)
print('Is a Nihilist a Nihilist?')
print(Nihilist == Nihilist)
print('Is a Nihilist Human?')
print(Nihilist == Human)
Why do you think I am on this crussade to toss out the 'LAW" of identity :)

A THING NEEDS NOT BE THE SAME AS ITSELF.

Other people's language does NOT define you.
Your METALANGUAGE defines you!

Your thoughts define you.

Code: Select all

We have a nihilist over here. His name is...
surreptitious57
Is a Nihilist a Nihilist?
False
Is a Nihilist Human?
True
Nietzsche recognized that the pursuit of the Übermensch was to reject the language of others, and define themselves in their own language!

But you have no language of your own. You are trapped in English!

Free yourself from the tyranny of others! Invent your OWN meta-language. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalanguage
The absolute STUPIDITY of writing a code so that the output of a computer will then confirm what one BELIEVES and is saying speaks for itself. In fact the very examples are given here, in this forum, for ALL to SEE.

What is the point of continually opposing what another says, and then more or less saying: See a computer agrees with what I say, so I must be right?

We KNOW already that it is possible, and we know how it is very easy, to create a code so that a computer will show what we want it to show. As I explained it could be argued at being about one of the most simplest and basic things in life to do. But just because one might say that it is a computer logic outcome does NOT, and I will repeat, does NOT mean that that answer is a logical sound and valid one. As you have continually PROVEN computers can and DO give completely WRONG answers.

Logik
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Logik » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 pm
The absolute STUPIDITY of writing a code so that the output of a computer will then confirm what one BELIEVES and is saying speaks for itself. In fact the very examples are given here, in this forum, for ALL to SEE.

What is the point of continually opposing what another says, and then more or less saying: See a computer agrees with what I say, so I must be right?

We KNOW already that it is possible, and we know how it is very easy, to create a code so that a computer will show what we want it to show. As I explained it could be argued at being about one of the most simplest and basic things in life to do. But just because one might say that it is a computer logic outcome does NOT, and I will repeat, does NOT mean that that answer is a logical sound and valid one. As you have continually PROVEN computers can and DO give completely WRONG answers.
Silly Kid.

The law of identity says A = A is ALWAYS true.
I just showed you that A != A can ALSO be true WITHOUT resulting in a contradiction.

So. Will you now answer us?

Are you human?

Age
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Age » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Logik wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 pm
The absolute STUPIDITY of writing a code so that the output of a computer will then confirm what one BELIEVES and is saying speaks for itself. In fact the very examples are given here, in this forum, for ALL to SEE.

What is the point of continually opposing what another says, and then more or less saying: See a computer agrees with what I say, so I must be right?

We KNOW already that it is possible, and we know how it is very easy, to create a code so that a computer will show what we want it to show. As I explained it could be argued at being about one of the most simplest and basic things in life to do. But just because one might say that it is a computer logic outcome does NOT, and I will repeat, does NOT mean that that answer is a logical sound and valid one. As you have continually PROVEN computers can and DO give completely WRONG answers.
Silly Kid.

The law of identity says A = A is ALWAYS true.
I just showed you that A != A can ALSO be true WITHOUT resulting in a contradiction.

So. Will you now answer us?

Are you human?
You really must be that BLIND.

You asked me that before. I answered NO. How many times do I have to tell you.

You say, Only once. BUT you then go on to ask me two more times straight after I have already given you the answer.

Explain to us how you did NOT see my answer when I wrote it in capital letters? You even said it is a yes or no answer. So, I answer it, in capital letters, yet you somehow did NOT see it.

Logik
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Logik » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm
You really must be that BLIND.

You asked me that before. I answered NO. How many times do I have to tell you.

You say, Only once. BUT you then go on to ask me two more times straight after I have already given you the answer.

Explain to us how you did NOT see my answer when I wrote it in capital letters? You even said it is a yes or no answer. So, I answer it, in capital letters, yet you somehow did NOT see it.
I was blind but now I see. Clearly I made a mistake. I thought I was speaking to a human.

I am on this forum to speak to other humans. So you will have to excuse me if I no longer respond to your posts.
Have a good day/life.

I hope you find your people.

Age
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Age » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:28 pm

Logik wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:26 pm
Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm
You really must be that BLIND.

You asked me that before. I answered NO. How many times do I have to tell you.

You say, Only once. BUT you then go on to ask me two more times straight after I have already given you the answer.

Explain to us how you did NOT see my answer when I wrote it in capital letters? You even said it is a yes or no answer. So, I answer it, in capital letters, yet you somehow did NOT see it.
I was blind but now I see. Clearly I made a mistake. I thought I was speaking to a human.

I am on this forum to speak to other humans. So you will have to excuse me if I no longer respond to your posts.
Have a good day/life.

I hope you find your people.
If I recall correctly this is about the third time that you have implied that you will not respond to me anymore.

Age
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Age » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Logik wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 pm
The absolute STUPIDITY of writing a code so that the output of a computer will then confirm what one BELIEVES and is saying speaks for itself. In fact the very examples are given here, in this forum, for ALL to SEE.

What is the point of continually opposing what another says, and then more or less saying: See a computer agrees with what I say, so I must be right?

We KNOW already that it is possible, and we know how it is very easy, to create a code so that a computer will show what we want it to show. As I explained it could be argued at being about one of the most simplest and basic things in life to do. But just because one might say that it is a computer logic outcome does NOT, and I will repeat, does NOT mean that that answer is a logical sound and valid one. As you have continually PROVEN computers can and DO give completely WRONG answers.
Silly Kid.

The law of identity says A = A is ALWAYS true.
I just showed you that A != A can ALSO be true WITHOUT resulting in a contradiction.
So what? My point was and still IS what you are SHOWING is absolutely meaningless. That is; you can get a computer to produce absolutely worthless and meaningless answers, which are obviously of NO use to any thing.

Logik
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Logik » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:28 pm
If I recall correctly this is about the third time that you have implied that you will not respond to me anymore.
I was mistaken.

Age
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Age » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 pm

Logik wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:31 pm
Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:28 pm
If I recall correctly this is about the third time that you have implied that you will not respond to me anymore.
I was mistaken.
Once again, just hearsay with NO evidence.

Also, so you must like responding to non humans. You can not seem to stop doing it.

Logik
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Logik » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 pm
Once again, just hearsay with NO evidence.

Also, so you must like responding to non humans. You can not seem to stop doing it.
I think you are mistaken about your non-humanity.

You said that you hold no beliefs. But you do. You believe that you are not human.
I believe that you are.

Age
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Age » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:45 pm

Logik wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:43 pm
Age wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 pm
Once again, just hearsay with NO evidence.

Also, so you must like responding to non humans. You can not seem to stop doing it.
I think you are mistaken about your non-humanity.

You said that you hold no beliefs. But you do. You believe that you are not human.
I believe that you are.
But I do NOT believe that. Unless of course you can show otherwise. Can you show otherwise?

Also, of course you BELIEVE that, your words and arguing form SHOWS that very clearly. The very reason you are unable to LEARN how I am NOT human is because of your very obvious and very strong BELIEFS. As I keep saying it is your BELIEFS that are stopping you from learning more and anew.

surreptitious57
Posts: 2913
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Even the Universe will eventually die so too will everything else
Is that an absolute fact that you know for sure ?

Als in another thread you explained that what caused you to come into existence is timeless which infers an infinite aliveness
which in some ways contradicts what you just wrote here about EVERY thing WILL die . Can you clear this up for me please ?
I think that Existence is infinite but within it every thing is finite such as the Universe for example
And I never said the death of the Universe was an absolute fact for those are your words not mine
I should point out that when I say the Universe I only mean THIS Universe not the Universe per se

anne
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:26 am

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by anne » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 am

Maths end in contradiction an integer = a non-integer

http://gamahucherpress.yellowgum.com/wp ... ssible.pdf

1 is a finite number it stops
A finite decimal is one that stops, like 0.157
A non-finite decimal like 0.999... does not stop
when a finite number 1 = a non-finite number 0.999.. then maths ends in contradiction

another way
1 is an integer a whole number
0.888... is a non-integer it is not a whole number
0.999... is a non-integer not a whole number
when a integer 1 =a non-integer 0.999... maths ends in contradiction

Logik
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Mathematics ends in contradiction:6 reasons

Post by Logik » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:21 am

anne wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 am
Maths end in contradiction an integer = a non-integer

http://gamahucherpress.yellowgum.com/wp ... ssible.pdf

1 is a finite number it stops
A finite decimal is one that stops, like 0.157
A non-finite decimal like 0.999... does not stop
when a finite number 1 = a non-finite number 0.999.. then maths ends in contradiction

another way
1 is an integer a whole number
0.888... is a non-integer it is not a whole number
0.999... is a non-integer not a whole number
when a integer 1 =a non-integer 0.999... maths ends in contradiction
Anything is possible if you know HOW :)

Creationism.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest