The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik »

Speakpigeon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:49 pm
Logik wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 pm
Speakpigeon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:22 pm So, contrary to your stupid claim here, your bit of code does not evaluate A==A as True and B==B as False "at the same time".
I am using 'at the same time' to mean exactly the same thing YOU mean when you say 'at the same time'.
So please explain to us what you mean by 'at the same time'
It's you who claimed your programme was doing two comparisons "at the same time". Here:
Logik wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:59 am I have given you a logic system which:
1. ALLOWS FOR A == A => TRUE
2. WHILE AT THE SAME TIME IT ALLOWS FOR B == B => FALSE
3. THE SYSTEM DOES NOT EXPLODE!!!!
You're a cheat and an idiot.
EB
And I used "at the same time" in the exact same sense that you do.
Like I told you - I was mirroring your language.

If you care to explain yourself, maybe we can have a constructive discussion.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Speakpigeon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:52 pm
Logik wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:47 pm
Speakpigeon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:45 pm I want a logical proof.
But you have not a clue what that is because you're a fraud and a dimwit.
EB
What I have provided you with is logical proof.

Why do you think that it isn't?
Give back the one million dollars I handed you yesterday!
You're insane.
You claimed to have proven classical logic wrong and you don't even know what a logical proof looks like.
There's no use talking to you.
EB
I am not insane. I have knowledge.

I know what a logical proof looks like. I know what a logical proof DOES! I know how a logical proof WORKS!
I know what a logical proof IS!

A logical proof is the same thing as a computer program.
I can create computer programs, so I can create logical proofs.
What I cannot create, I do not understand --Richard Feynman
I know and understand what a logical proof is!

Your expectation and conception of what a 'logical proof" SHOULD look like is your error.
You are on the wrong side of the is-ought gap.

Proofs compute! That is what the Curry-Howard correspondence says.
“I can’t go back, can I?” a dejected Neo asked.
“No, but if you could, would you really want to? The mind has trouble letting go.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZnKJaEbZjo

While you may be having a really hard time processing all your emotions right now, at least you understand what Creationism is all about ;)

CREATING knowledge FOR humans.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Speakpigeon wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 pm
Logik wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:57 pm
Speakpigeon wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 pm So, it's not doing the two comparisons at the same time, you jerk. No contradiction.
I am sorry WHAT. TWO comparisons AT THE SAME TIME?!?!?!?!?!?

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT IN THIS UNIVERSE? Do you have some magic wand to pause time or something?
Yes?! Hello there!!! Welcome to the real world!!!
Seems you don''t understand logic at all.
EB
That's why I study him, apparently his brain genuinely can't process logic (nor context). This is really odd.

Once I even had to explain to him that logic and language don't mean the exact same thing, he was using them as synonyms.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:54 pm

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT IN THIS UNIVERSE? Do you have some magic wand to pause time or something?
EB
That's why I study him, apparently his brain genuinely can't process logic (nor context). This is really odd.

Once I even had to explain to him that logic and language don't mean the exact same thing, he was using them as synonyms.
False, all logic as dealing with semantics/dialectic/argument/etc. is rooted in language as semantics/dialectic/argument/etc. are language games grounding in an inherent symbolism which is the root of language itself.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:11 pm
EB

False, all logic as dealing with semantics/dialectic/argument/etc. is rooted in language as semantics/dialectic/argument/etc. are language games grounding in an inherent symbolism which is the root of language itself.
Well that explains a little why you can't really follow logic either.
Logik

Post by Logik »

EB

I still am. Logic (Lambda calculus) is MY metalanguage/metaphysic. Para-consistently is how I think.

If despite all that I have demonstrated to you, you still think I am the one who "can't process logic" then I am perfectly happy to let you believe what you want to believe.

I am told that's how religion works.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Good, then logically explain what logic is without using the fallacy of bandwagon or authority (which by old school laws is a contradiction).
Atla

Post by Atla »

Logik wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm
EB

I still am. Logic (Lambda calculus) is MY metalanguage/metaphysic. Para-consistently is how I think.

If despite all that I have demonstrated to you, you still think I am the one who "can't process logic" then I am perfectly happy to let you believe what you want to believe.

You are like the color blind person trying to demonstrate that only shades of grey exist.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 pm
Logik wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm

You are like the color blind person trying to demonstrate that only shades of grey exist.
Shades of gray are colors....
Logik

Post by Logik »

Atla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 pm You are like the color blind person trying to demonstrate that only shades of grey exist.
Strawman. I am trying to demonstrate to you that shades is all there is.

The light spectrum doesn't have categories called "colors"
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Good, then logically explain what logic is without using the fallacy of bandwagon or authority (which by old school laws is a contradiction).
"The" logic doesn't need to explained, it's inherent to the male left hemisphere.
Unless someone is braindamaged like Logic or psychotic like Eodnhoj and have trouble utilizing the anterior parts of the brain.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:26 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 pm
"The" logic doesn't need to explained, it's inherent to the male left hemisphere.
Unless someone is braindamaged like Logic or psychotic like Eodnhoj and have trouble utilizing the anterior parts of the brain.
False; this study as a "framework" of interpretation is "created" by the opposing side.
Speakpigeon

Post by Speakpigeon »

EB
Yes, it is very odd but maybe it is a bit odd too for us to expect any possibility of clarification. I have already noticed this of many forum members that they can't stop themselves from reaching out to desperate cases like this. As if rationality could somehow be imparted by finding the proper words. Well, I guess we will have tried.
EB
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Speakpigeon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm
EB
Yes, it is very odd but maybe it is a bit odd too for us to expect any possibility of clarification. I have already noticed this of many forum members that they can't stop themselves from reaching out to desperate cases like this. As if rationality could somehow be imparted by finding the proper words. Well, I guess we will have tried.
EB
Context leads to context, as a context in itself; this is the grounding of logic.
Speakpigeon

Post by Speakpigeon »

Logik wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:56 pm I am not insane. I have knowledge.
???
You've admitted several times to not know anything and to not know how to decide that we had knowledge.
Oh, well, just one more contradiction. To those without logic, contradictions can't be really problematic.
EB