Is math merely an invention of the human mind?

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

David Handeye

Re: Is math merely an invention of the human mind?

Post by David Handeye »

Math is a language.

-

If you had been speaking by math, you wouldn't have lost in translation.

quoting - Imp :P
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

[quote="vegetariantaxidermy"] "Umm, telling someone they've lost an argument doesn't make it true, imbecile. As if I would be interested in a site called 'dictionary.com'. Fool."

In your case it does make it true. And if you want to learn real American English fool, I would check out that website first or go back to school before spouting out the insanity and vitriol you love to do all over my threads.

PhilX
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:And you feel 'superior'? Where are your reading comprehension skills?
Here's an example. I was going through my documents the other day, and noticed that they have ALL been translated automatically into yanklish. How fucking dare they! The only thing I can think of is that it happened when I installed the new Office. Plus, as far as I can tell Windows only uses yanklish.
You yanks just have to dominate and monopolise EVERYTHING! Now the pricks are telling me 'monopolise' is spelt incorrectly, and 'spelt'! Fuck them.

There is a British English setting. MS is not smart enough to figure out where you live (though it could), nor take a the cue from your desktop OS that you are using proper English (though it could), and it defaults to "wanker", sorry "yankie". But there is an internal setting for ~Englsih english, you just have to find it.
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:And you feel 'superior'? Where are your reading comprehension skills?
Here's an example. I was going through my documents the other day, and noticed that they have ALL been translated automatically into yanklish. How fucking dare they! The only thing I can think of is that it happened when I installed the new Office. Plus, as far as I can tell Windows only uses yanklish.
You yanks just have to dominate and monopolise EVERYTHING! Now the pricks are telling me 'monopolise' is spelt incorrectly, and 'spelt'! Fuck them.

There is a British English setting. MS is not smart enough to figure out where you live (though it could), nor take a the cue from your desktop OS that you are using proper English (though it could), and it defaults to "wanker", sorry "yankie". But there is an internal setting for ~Englsih english, you just have to find it.
I told her that a long time ago. She enjoys bitching about it too much to make the change.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: "Umm, telling someone they've lost an argument doesn't make it true, imbecile. As if I would be interested in a site called 'dictionary.com'. Fool."

In your case it does make it true. And if you want to learn real American English fool, I would check out that website first or go back to school before spouting out the insanity and vitriol you love to do all over my threads.

PhilX
I wouldn't be calling anyone else stupid if I were you, especially as you STILL haven't worked out the 'quote' facility.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Wyman wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

I told her that a long time ago. She enjoys bitching about it too much to make the change.
I know you can change Word, but I don't think you can change Windows without the bother of having the keyboard change (apparently the keyboard layout is American). It was Word that changed all my existing documents (that I had written) into yanklish.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Wyman wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

I know you can change Word, but I don't think you can change Windows without the bother of having the keyboard change (apparently the keyboard layout is American). It was Word that changed all my existing documents (that I had written) into yanklish.
It has not changed your documents. It has merely pointed out some spelling errors from the POV of US spelling. All you need to do, is change the spell-checker defaults. This will not affect your UK keyboard configuration.