Infinity has gotten stranger

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6855
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 am


Now you are zenophobe? What is it that you do not hate or are you just that empty and bitter?
Cute labels. Don't they make you feel good and so superior? (But shouldn't that be 'xenophobe'?) What if I hate yanks? So? What are you going to do about it? Change yanks? Btw, 'phobia' means 'fear of'. There is every reason to be fearful of yanks. Ask any Iraqi. Or Libyan. Or Syrian.
So you feel inferior?
So there are only two options? Btw, being superior to someone in some way isn't the same as thinking you are, in a general way. Many people are superior to me in many ways. Better drivers. Better at maths. Better at drawing. I'm well away of the things that I am and am not good at (unlike many).

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:16 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 am

Cute labels. Don't they make you feel good and so superior? (But shouldn't that be 'xenophobe'?) What if I hate yanks? So? What are you going to do about it? Change yanks? Btw, 'phobia' means 'fear of'. There is every reason to be fearful of yanks. Ask any Iraqi. Or Libyan. Or Syrian.
So you feel inferior?
So there are only two options? Btw, being superior to someone in some way isn't the same as thinking you are, in a general way. Many people are superior to me in many ways. Better drivers. Better at maths. Better at drawing. I'm well away of the things that I am and am not good at (unlike many).
I just realized this fun talk of ours is taking up a thread I actually have interest in, so if you want to get whatever it is you need to get off your chest to some stranger on the internet then you might want to make a separate thread.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6855
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 pm

:lol:

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by -1- » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:26 pm

Camel-drivers know when their camel is going to go berserk. The camels take their drivers' poking for so long, then they can't take it any longer and get into a frenzy. The good camel driver knows when this is coming on, so he takes off his caftan and throws it to the camel. The camel tramples on the caftan, and bites it, and kicks it, and tramples some more, and after an hour of a frenzied anger-attack, the camel calms down, and everything goes back to normal. The camel even takes on more abuse as the camels sees it, from the driver, without any complaints or sighs.

So there we are... like so many camels in the desert, we each pretend to civilly endure each other on this forum, together with the contradictions and opposition to our views, the poking, the inconvenience of having to defend ourselves... until one day we become berserk, and lash out at anyone and everyone, in a rapid-fire system, and then we calm down.

I have been there, done that. Everyone has.

Johndoe7 just been through one of them. Mostly he is calm, he is a true philosopher, but everyone has their limits of frustration, and a good philosopher has high limits of that, but not infinitely high.

I saw it coming, so I threw my caftan to him, Veggietaxiedermie.

So, QED, infinity took the better of JohnDoe7.

Infinity just got stranger.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 pm

-1- wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:26 pm
Camel-drivers know when their camel is going to go berserk. The camels take their drivers' poking for so long, then they can't take it any longer and get into a frenzy. The good camel driver knows when this is coming on, so he takes off his caftan and throws it to the camel. The camel tramples on the caftan, and bites it, and kicks it, and tramples some more, and after an hour of a frenzied anger-attack, the camel calms down, and everything goes back to normal. The camel even takes on more abuse as the camels sees it, from the driver, without any complaints or sighs.

So there we are... like so many camels in the desert, we each pretend to civilly endure each other on this forum, together with the contradictions and opposition to our views, the poking, the inconvenience of having to defend ourselves... until one day we become berserk, and lash out at anyone and everyone, in a rapid-fire system, and then we calm down.


I have been there, done that. Everyone has.

No you haven't, you want to claim you have, so you have had some in depth experience in your life...but if you did then you wouldn't have failed your writing career as you would have had an interesting story to tell.

Johndoe7 just been through one of them. Mostly he is calm, he is a true philosopher,
If you believe that to be a philosopher is to be calm then maybe you should have reread Diogenes, Nietzche, Socrates, Wittgenstein, etc. As usual you make claims, that not only are not backed up by either source or reason, but generally are wrong.

I am always open to teaching you how to read, we can started with the alphabet if you like.


but everyone has their limits of frustration, and a good philosopher has high limits of that, but not infinitely high.



I saw it coming, so I threw my caftan to him, Veggietaxiedermie.

So, QED, infinity took the better of JohnDoe7.

Infinity just got stranger.


Is that so? Do you believe I "lost it". What is that exactly, tell me. The conclusion came to me that the thread is already ruined...let's see how far we can take it. Might as well turn this thread into a psychology session...you won't even have to pay me.

The difficulty, I have realized, is that certain threads have valuable and interesting topics, then intellectually sterile people, who envy the world because deep down they have nothing to offer except failed dreams, come in and cause what chaos they can. They do this partly because not only do they want, but need the attention. But they also do this because that is all they no.

Tell me what exactly is "lost it"...considering you know so much. I think we can both agree, considering you think so highly of me, that I am just warming up.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6855
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 pm

I think he was sticking up for you, you 'true philosopher you'. I might be wrong, because 'True philosophers' like to talk in riddles. It makes them appear profound (apparently).

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 pm
:lol:
We are going to have a lot of fun...considering this is what you want...who am I to judge? The thread is ruined, so let's have some fun with the ad-hominums.

I am personally glad you can still laugh without biting your tongue off considering most brits don't have a good dental system...does you keyboard come with a window wiper on the screen?

I always wondered, when you brush your teeth do you also use a facial lotion to cover the miscellaneous teeth growing around your face?

Personally, I think this is funny...now it is your turn to entertain me, this is considering great Britain owes America so much.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 pm
I think he was sticking up for you, you 'true philosopher you'. I might be wrong, because 'True philosophers' like to talk in riddles. It makes them appear profound (apparently).
-1- cannot even stick up for himself, if he is he is just looking for a personal cause to give him a temporary purpose he never found.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6855
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 pm
:lol:
We are going to have a lot of fun...considering this is what you want...who am I to judge? The thread is ruined, so let's have some fun with the ad-hominums.

I am personally glad you can still laugh without biting your tongue off considering most brits don't have a good dental system...does you keyboard come with a window wiper on the screen?

I always wondered, when you brush your teeth do you also use a facial lotion to cover the miscellaneous teeth growing around your face?

Personally, I think this is funny...now it is your turn to entertain me, this is considering great Britain owes America so much.
You yanks just keep on giving. It's enough to make you weep.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6855
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:05 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:11 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:03 am


I like you the most, because you are predictable. Your first response, and only response, is usually one of swearing. I heard a quote once, from a relative of mine: "Those who respond with swearing only do so because they cannot think of anything else to say."

So tell me, what is really on your mind? Or is it just sh*t, f*ck, b*tch, etc. Because if that is the case, I raised a few pigs you would get along with well.

I have an idea. Take some time, and think for a few moments about a good response....then come back and show me what you have. You can even throw in a few swear words, considering that is just who you are as a unique individual.
Whatever. Swearing makes no difference to an argument. Something is either true or it isn't. 'Cussing' is just embellishment.
"Whatever"? Are you a millennial now? Try again...prove how empowered and intelligent you are as a man-hating woman.
Speaking of 'ad-hominems'. Most people don't understand the term.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:06 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:05 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:11 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 am

Whatever. Swearing makes no difference to an argument. Something is either true or it isn't. 'Cussing' is just embellishment.
"Whatever"? Are you a millennial now? Try again...prove how empowered and intelligent you are as a man-hating woman.
Speaking of 'ad-hominems'. Most people don't understand the term.
Don't you consider yourself "most people" though? This is considering you are not better than anyone...or are you?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6855
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:11 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:05 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:11 am


"Whatever"? Are you a millennial now? Try again...prove how empowered and intelligent you are as a man-hating woman.
Speaking of 'ad-hominems'. Most people don't understand the term.
Don't you consider yourself "most people" though? This is considering you are not better than anyone...or are you?
This is getting boring. My comment was self-explanatory.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:11 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:05 am

Speaking of 'ad-hominems'. Most people don't understand the term.
Don't you consider yourself "most people" though? This is considering you are not better than anyone...or are you?
This is getting boring. My comment was self-explanatory.
lol :)

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4275
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by Dalek Prime » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Weirder still is the counterintuitive one to one pairing of members of a subset of infinity to the infinite set. I'm beginning to see what Godel was referring to.

alan1000
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Infinity has gotten stranger

Post by alan1000 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Have any of you guys actually considered checking primary sources like Cantor and Russell before you post? I strongly recommend it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest