Introduction to Ethics

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: Introduction to Ethics

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

As I had stated in other posts, the current theories of morality and ethics are about what is wrong or what is right in terms of human acts & thoughts and often are accompanied by enforcements, inducements, brainwashing or threats of hellfire.
These perspectives and trends has led humanity into ineffective approaches in establishing moral competence within the individuals.

Regardless of the above hoo hahs, there are positive trends of moral progress within humanity since humans first emerge.
But these positive trends [e.g. the ban & decrease in chattel slavery and others] are not ahead of the potential threats of immorality arising from the exponential expansion of human knowledge and technology. For example the availability of WMDs [biological and nuclear] advances in human molecular biology, etc.

Point is the existing positive trends of moral progress within humanity are driven by an inherent moral potential that is represented by its corresponding neural correlates, i.e. that is the real moral fact we should be focusing on.

As such, with morality-proper humanity need to research into and identify the real factual moral potential within each individual such that it can facilitate the expeditious development of the individual's moral competence so that on average it will be line with the immoral potential from the advances of knowledge and technology.

For the above to progress expeditiously, morality-proper need to be aligned with Kant's Vision, i.e.

1. What can I know - epistemology
2. What can I do - morality-proper
3. What can I hope of - perpetual peace.