How Are The Mind And Brain Related?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: How Are The Mind And Brain Related?

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:52 pm "in case you enter another thread and find people who do not make the same assumptions you do."

disagreeing with me would be both dastardly and preposterous and I certainly can't imagine why anybody would willingly do such a thing.
That you would need imagination for something so obvious and then also lack it....my tears are flowing.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:52 pm "in case you enter another thread and find people who do not make the same assumptions you do."

disagreeing with me would be both dastardly and preposterous and I certainly can't imagine why anybody would willingly do such a thing.
I DISAGREE with you.

So, HOW would this, supposedly, be BOTH 'dastardly' and 'preposterous'?

And, WHY can you CERTAINLY NOT even IMAGINE WHY ANY one would be willing to DISAGREE with you?

Are you under some sort of ILLUSION that what you SAY and CLAIM here is IRREFUTABLE?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Philosophy Now wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:25 pm The following readers’ answers to this central philosophical question each win a random book.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/65/How ... in_Related
One is the organ, the other the function of the organ.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:13 am
Philosophy Now wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:25 pm The following readers’ answers to this central philosophical question each win a random book.

No brain has a mind. Whole organisms have brains and these organisms can have minds. We don't know if minds are limited to organisms with brains. But we know that organisms with brains have minds.
But then why just the brain? Experiencing, the core subjective aspect of minds, is affected by the neural nexuses around the heart and guy. The endocrine system radically affects experiencing. There are neural receptors all over the body. Whole organisms have subjective experiences. Yes, many cognitive functions are connected to the brain, but this is something within consciousness, experiencing.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:14 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:13 am

No brain has a mind. Whole organisms have brains and these organisms can have minds. We don't know if minds are limited to organisms with brains. But we know that organisms with brains have minds.
But then why just the brain? Experiencing, the core subjective aspect of minds, is affected by the neural nexuses around the heart and guy. The endocrine system radically affects experiencing. There are neural receptors all over the body. Whole organisms have subjective experiences. Yes, many cognitive functions are connected to the brain, but this is something within consciousness, experiencing.
Iwannaplato,

EXCELLENT!!