UPLOADED

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Now

UPLOADED

Post by Philosophy Now »

jayjacobus

Re: UPLOADED

Post by jayjacobus »

This poem is a hodgepodge of words. The author can probably explain but a poem that needs explaining is like a joke that people don't get.
-1-

Post by -1- »

To me the poem made sense. It just reads tiresome. My brain got tired two lines into the poem. It is a good poem, though, if you like this style and content. Art is not to be judged. I wouldn't read or write a poem like this, but I don't think it's a hodge-podge of words. It does have a meaning, even progression in its tale. Just not appealing to me, that's all.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Perhaps you are right but I am not sure. Is she saying death can't be meaningful w/o a body? That is a claim which she doesn't support.

On the other hand, I may have missed her point.

What do you think her point was?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:10 pm This poem is a hodgepodge of words. The author can probably explain but a poem that needs explaining is like a joke that people don't get.
The meaning is painfully obvious.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:13 pm Perhaps you are right but I am not sure. Is she saying death can't be meaningful w/o a body? That is a claim which she doesn't support.

Her consciousness has been uploaded in to a computer after a car crash and she longs for arms and legs.
There's not much else there.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:47 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:13 pm Perhaps you are right but I am not sure. Is she saying death can't be meaningful w/o a body? That is a claim which she doesn't support.

Her consciousness has been uploaded in to a computer after a car crash and she longs for arms and legs.
There's not much else there.
That being said, she has qualia, the senses 'sense'...wouldn't be at all hard at that point to give her a fully functioning body, even if it is virtual and restricted to virtual worlds.