Abortion & Phenomenology

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Now

Abortion & Phenomenology

Post by Philosophy Now »

Michael Kowalik considers a possible implication of abortion for self-awareness.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/128/Abortion_and_Phenomenology
jayjacobus

Re: Abortion & Phenomenology

Post by jayjacobus »

Many people, who support women's right, advocate choice.

This may not logically lead to the "right" conclusion but analizing choice reveals the impications of choice.

A woman's choice arises from evolution and is a factor in what she does.

Societies' choice comes from synthesizing many principles and interests.

There are ramifications for either choice but the ramifications are not the same nor are the conflicts the same.

A woman's ramifications are only to her. Societies' ramifications are to her and to the non-unified minds in society.

The conflict in a woman's mind is completely internal to her. Societies conflicts are external to her and not determing in any one abortion or carrying to term.

Even if my argument doesn't cause a solution, the understanding of my argument presents a perspective that should not be dismissed or over ruled.

The beat goes on.
Last edited by jayjacobus on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayjacobus

Re: Abortion & Phenomenology

Post by jayjacobus »

Perhaps the idea, that I didn't write about and is not clear, needs to be explained.

When society is split relativitly evenly, don't we need a law that recognizes both perspectives?

To think black and white when many colors exist is to create an oppression when oppress does not need to be.

Yet one side will say, "We are not oppressors because black and white is all that can be." when logically they are oppressors.

Pregnant women do not oppress in any sense of the word.

Oppress means to keep some people in subservience and hardship, especially by the unjust exercise of authority