Consciousness, Freewill and Language

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TimeSeeker

Re: Consciousness, Freewill and Language

Post by TimeSeeker »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:02 pm Say what you want and let it be and stop being concerned about whether I will like it as it does not matter
Of course. That is what I was doing! I spoke of God - the cause of everything that exists.

But you made a conscious effort to ask me to stop using that word. What must I make of this?
If the word didn't bother you then you wouldn't have asked me to not-use it in the first place!

But you did ask. And I am left with an open question: why?

One hypothesis was "to improve communication and minimise misunderstanding", but you didn't offer a better word, so you actually hindered communication!

So the question remains unanswered: Why did you ask me to stop using the word 'God'?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

TimeSeeker wrote:
So the question remains unanswered Why did you ask me to stop using the word God
I have already answered this and as there is no more to be said here I will leave now
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:25 pm
TimeSeeker wrote:
So the question remains unanswered Why did you ask me to stop using the word God
I have already answered this and as there is no more to be said here I will leave now
Well, sure. But your answer only added to the confusion.

If you say you "don't care what words I use" and you are giving me your blessing to "say what I want without concern" and "not censor myself" while on the other hand you also ask me to "not use a word" one might be forgiven for thinking you don't know what you want ;)

There is also the other open question: Why do you accept 'energy' but reject 'god' when the arguments and evidence for both are identical?