Design, Yes. Intelligent, No.

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

QuantumT

Re: Design, Yes. Intelligent, No.

Post by QuantumT »

-1- wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:30 am Whoa. Hold on.

It is a limitation to set on reality what you just said. That there be no limitations. It limits reality to the extent that limitations are not allowed. That's a limitation.

But you just said there is no limitations.

So... which is it: limitations or no limitations?
The limit is leaving our universe, I guess. But I'm not sure. Not at all!
-1-

Post by -1- »

QuantumT wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:32 am
The limit is leaving our universe, I guess. But I'm not sure. Not at all!
Have you tried that yourself? I can't get out of as simple a thing as a shlamastic or my skin.

Seriously speaking, what if leaving our universe makes you just cross its limit, and you find yourself back in our own universe, because space is curved, time is straight, and the universe borders ITS own self?

If that's the case, I tell you it is just further evidence that we live in a twisted, screwy universe.

So if that is possible, the perhaps a future person steps out of the universe and creates it in a point in time which is way before his or hers.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Of course, there is then again always the scientific evidencing... to give this theory credibility.

Drat, there goes another good idea.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Philosophy Now wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:20 pm Were we designed by an intelligent creator? In our last issue Todd Moody described Intelligent Design theory as a scientific alternative to Darwinian evolution. Here, Massimo Pigliucci takes a more critical view of ‘ID’.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/32/Des ... lligent_No
How there could be any free will if ID is correct, every motion is under control?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

If science is defined by Cartesian coordinates there is probably something else besides science. You only have to look to spooky action at a distance to see that there must be a hidden variable. However the hidden variable, however powerful it be to make order out of chaos, may not be intelligent. We are right to be suspicious of this word 'intelligent' in the context of holistic order. 'Intelligent' is difficult to define in the context of children at school!
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

No, no and no!

It's like baking a bread, just mix the basic ingredients, then make it swell and put it in the oven. Exactly how it will form isn't designed so no 2 breads will look exactly like each other.

It was set in motion so eyes, spine, brain etc could develop, when these basic things was developed then a reset was made in form of dino busting comets, so that new kind of life could form make way for tiny humans.