The Fight for the Soul of Philosophy

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan

Re: The Fight for the Soul of Philosophy

Post by Science Fan »

I was only able to see one line and a paragraph following it, so I don't know if there was supposed to be a larger article to read. I did find it ironic that a Nazi accused others of not thinking. Not to mention hypocritical.
Averroes

Re: The Fight for the Soul of Philosophy

Post by Averroes »

Anja wrote:His private notebooks contain a few unambiguously anti-Semitic passages. 
From the English dictionary I get the following definition for semitic:
1. relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.
2.relating to the peoples who speak Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic.

I am a Muslim, so me being anti-semitic would be suicidal. And I am far from being suicidal.

So it seems Heidegger was a specific anti-semite. When I watched the news todays, and see how the Zionist are treating my Palestinian brothers and sisters who are peacefully expressing their real grievances, then I think MAYBE Heidegger should be reconsidered and it could very well be that these unambiguous passages as referred to by Anja were not completely unwarranted.