Seeing Time

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
bahman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by bahman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm

jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:46 pm
But force has an effect and the effect is change. In other words change arises from force waves.
Yes, but what that has against what I said.
jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:46 pm
Of course it's relevant but not to this topic. Did Einstein say that gravity effects time? If he did, then he and I are in agreement. If he didn't then he didn't address my topic. In fact he didn't address my topic specifically.
Well, Einstein equation is more fundamental than gravitation force equation.
jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 pm
I can see that. Try to explain how time exists. Or accept my explanation. It really is quite easy.
Time exist and changes. What is wrong with that? Why are you looking for a cause to allow change in time?

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:45 pm

bahman wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm
jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 pm
I can see that. Try to explain how time exists. Or accept my explanation. It really is quite easy.
Time exist and changes. What is wrong with that? Why are you looking for a cause to allow change in time?
Without a cause my explanation would be missing something. You would probably say, "Or really? How does that happen?" I proposed a cause so that you and others would understand my explanation. But you resist anyway.

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:07 pm

bahman wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm
jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:46 pm
Of course it's relevant but not to this topic. Did Einstein say that gravity effects time? If he did, then he and I are in agreement. If he didn't then he didn't address my topic. In fact he didn't address my topic specifically.
Well, Einstein equation is more fundamental than gravitation force equation.
As I worked this out, I challenged my thinking time and again. When I came to a road block, I rethought my preliminary conclusions and changed my thinking. You are not doing the same.

The reason I say this is because you present me with your road blocks but, when I respond, you don't rethink. You keep your road blocks and move on to the next one.

Einstein is not one of my road blocks. At least not anymore. If Einstein is your road block, you need to rethink that.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by bahman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:20 pm

jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:45 pm
bahman wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm
jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 pm
I can see that. Try to explain how time exists. Or accept my explanation. It really is quite easy.
Time exists and changes. What is wrong with that? Why are you looking for a cause to allow change in time?
Without a cause my explanation would be missing something. You would probably say, "Or really? How does that happen?" I proposed a cause so that you and others would understand my explanation. But you resist anyway.
You are just use to assign a cause for any change. Just exclude time.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by bahman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 pm

jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:07 pm
bahman wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm
jayjacobus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:46 pm
Of course it's relevant but not to this topic. Did Einstein say that gravity effects time? If he did, then he and I are in agreement. If he didn't then he didn't address my topic. In fact he didn't address my topic specifically.
Well, Einstein equation is more fundamental than gravitation force equation.
As I worked this out, I challenged my thinking time and again. When I came to a road block, I rethought my preliminary conclusions and changed my thinking. You are not doing the same.

The reason I say this is because you present me with your road blocks but, when I respond, you don't rethink. You keep your road blocks and move on to the next one.

Einstein is not one of my road blocks. At least not anymore. If Einstein is your road block, you need to rethink that.
Why I should rethink Einstein equation? It is well accepted. It fit to experiments and explain gravity to the best of our knowledge.

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 pm

bahman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 pm


Why I should rethink Einstein equation? It is well accepted. It fit to experiments and explain gravity to the best of our knowledge.
I don't know what Einstein thinks of my posts but neither do you. Did he understand my logic when I never wrote him?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by bahman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:19 pm

jayjacobus wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 pm
bahman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 pm
Why I should rethink Einstein equation? It is well accepted. It fit to experiments and explain gravity to the best of our knowledge.
I don't know what Einstein thinks of my posts but neither do you. Did he understand my logic when I never wrote him?
Are you saying that time changes and for that it need a cause?

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:34 pm

bahman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:19 pm
jayjacobus wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 pm
bahman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 pm
Why I should rethink Einstein equation? It is well accepted. It fit to experiments and explain gravity to the best of our knowledge.
I don't know what Einstein thinks of my posts but neither do you. Did he understand my logic when I never wrote him?
Are you saying that time changes and for that it need a cause?
Yes.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by bahman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm

jayjacobus wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:34 pm
bahman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:19 pm
jayjacobus wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 pm
I don't know what Einstein thinks of my posts but neither do you. Did he understand my logic when I never wrote him?
Are you saying that time changes and for that it need a cause?
Yes.
But time was ever moving so its state hasn't ever changed.

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:55 pm

bahman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm

But time was ever moving so its state hasn't ever changed.
You are reverting back to an earlier challenge which i answered but you did not rethink.

The correct statement is "Time is ever moving because states are ever changing."

In other words your statement is not true.

But my statement is true of relational time not absolute time which is repetitive.

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Time exits.

Solve!

Perhaps i did.

I think I did.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by bahman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm

jayjacobus wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:55 pm
bahman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm
But time was ever moving so its state hasn't ever changed.
You are reverting back to an earlier challenge which i answered but you did not rethink.

The correct statement is "Time is ever moving because states are ever changing."

In other words your statement is not true.

But my statement is true of relational time not absolute time which is repetitive.
I am afraid that I cannot offer anything more than "time is ever changing and does not need a cause to change".

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:07 pm

It needs a cause to exist. If you think that you have proven that it doesn't exist, you are wrong and you are trapped in your wrong logic.

jayjacobus
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Seeing Time

Post by jayjacobus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:43 pm

bahman wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm

I am afraid that I cannot offer anything more than "time is ever changing and does not need a cause to change".
In past posts you write about many subtopics but your posts are not connected to each other. You have conflicts with yourself. You den't see that because each of your posts are dependent on my posts, not your own. Taken in total your posts are confused.

surreptitious57
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Seeing Time

Post by surreptitious57 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:56 pm

jayjacobus wrote:
But my statement is true of relational time not absolute time which is repetitive
Is absolute time block time and how are relative and absolute time compatible

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests