Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Terrapin Station wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Pistorius emptied a fucking gun into a small shitter knowing full well who was in there. Dont' give me that crap about a home invasion!
I'm referring to what he had claimed to police initially. His initial story was that they were home invasion victims and he'd accidentally shot Steenkamp. Since home invasions are so common in South Africa, he was hoping that his story would be plausible and the investigation wouldn't get too detailed.
Yeah I know what you meant. I just don't accept that anyone hearing the evidence would conclude that as a possibility, not even if he'd been invaded weekly for the last year.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
That is a false impression.
Americans think that British people labour under the yoke of monarchical tyranny, and like the North Koreans are brainwashed into flag waving for Her Majesty.
South Africa might have a high murder rate; crime rate and poverty. But for everyday folk going about their business such things rarely if ever impinge upon their lives.
I know a lot of South Africans, and it did impinge upon their lives.
It is not a 'hellish place for both' now anymore than it ever was. In fact things are better than they were.
Are you there in South Africa? (I didn't call it hellish, btw.) It is not a safe place to be. Certainly not as safe as you'd make it out to be.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
That is a false impression.
Americans think that British people labour under the yoke of monarchical tyranny, and like the North Koreans are brainwashed into flag waving for Her Majesty.
South Africa might have a high murder rate; crime rate and poverty. But for everyday folk going about their business such things rarely if ever impinge upon their lives.
I know a lot of South Africans, and it did impinge upon their lives.
It is not a 'hellish place for both' now anymore than it ever was. In fact things are better than they were.
I go more by what some of the huge number of black and white South Africans here tell me, the ones who left there because it got 'better'. But the agenda-driven, shallow PC (the ones who say nothing about Mugabe, or SA's skyrocketing rape and murder rates) have to believe that. It's how they can feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves and their fashionable 'causes'.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: I know a lot of South Africans, and it did impinge upon their lives.
I go more by what some of the huge number of black and white South Africans here tell me, the ones who left there because it got 'better'. But the agenda-driven, shallow PC (the ones who say nothing about Mugabe, or SA's skyrocketing rape and murder rates) have to believe that. It's how they can feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves and their fashionable 'causes'.
Goal post changing? Mugabe does not rule in SA. That's about as effective as confusing the US with the UK.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Goal post changing? Mugabe does not rule in SA. That's about as effective as confusing the US with the UK.
She mentions Zimbabwe, while still refering to SA. Stop dicking around. Do you actually read what others write, or are you that stupid?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I go more by what some of the huge number of black and white South Africans here tell me, the ones who left there because it got 'better'. But the agenda-driven, shallow PC (the ones who say nothing about Mugabe, or SA's skyrocketing rape and murder rates) have to believe that. It's how they can feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves and their fashionable 'causes'.
She mentions Zimbabwe, while still refering to SA. Stop dicking around. Do you actually read what others write, or are you that stupid?
All I know is that you are a ****.
FUCK OFF
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
All I know is that you are a ****.
FUCK OFF
Lol!

No.