Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:20 am

spike wrote:When you think about it most of the Xenophobia in the world exists in one region, the Middle East. Countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran do not want outsiders living in their midst. They hate cosmopolitan, open societies for fear of losing their identity and power. Countries like Syria and Yemen are tearing themselves apart because their rulers can't abide by sharing power with other ethnic groups. In the end the Middle East's xenophobia has led to chaos and destruction due to the fact that such narrow thinking restricted the development of the diverse, open societies, like in the West, that would have helped sustain their futures.

Originally the xenophobic tendencies of the Middle East did help keep the chaos of the world at bay by not cultivating 'messy' open societies like in the West. However, in today's modern, interdependent world such a phobia has worked against them because it has stifled the progress and advancement needed for those nations to survive and continue. Xenophobia restricts the new blood that is essential to keep societies going.

Xenophobia is fuelled by a lack of empathy. There is a lack of empathy in the Middle East, among tribes and nations, to fellow citizens of the region.
Japan seems to manage pretty well. There's nothing wrong with protecting your own culture and values system.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Xenophobia is a cultural choice.
And some people prefer their own culture. The 'xenophobic' Fijians preferred their own culture and objected to the Indian takeover. They didn't give a shit about PC Western sensibilities. 'Xenophobia' is just another shallow, meaningless word used by the PC to stifle opposition. Like the over-used 'racist', which has lost all meaning.
No it is not. xenophobia is a mental illness like all other religions.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:32 am

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Xenophobia is a cultural choice.
And some people prefer their own culture. The 'xenophobic' Fijians preferred their own culture and objected to the Indian takeover. They didn't give a shit about PC Western sensibilities. 'Xenophobia' is just another shallow, meaningless word used by the PC to stifle opposition. Like the over-used 'racist', which has lost all meaning.
No it is not. xenophobia is a mental illness like all other religions.
It means nothing.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:33 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: And some people prefer their own culture. The 'xenophobic' Fijians preferred their own culture and objected to the Indian takeover. They didn't give a shit about PC Western sensibilities. 'Xenophobia' is just another shallow, meaningless word used by the PC to stifle opposition. Like the over-used 'racist', which has lost all meaning.
No it is not. xenophobia is a mental illness like all other religions.
It means nothing.
Tell that to the families of these guys.

Image


User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:39 am

Your point is? Did I say racism doesn't exist? Hatred doesn't exist? And those people in each photo seem to be from the same country. Everyone knows the US is a racist hell-hole. Why don't you try reading what I write? Btw, black and white alike are leaving South Africa and Zimbabwe in droves because it's now such a dangerous shit-hole to live in.
People go to war to stop a foreign culture with a completely different mind-set and values from taking over their country. Is that 'xenophobia'? The PC seriously need to get their act together and at least try to learn a bit of consistency.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: NYC Man

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by Terrapin Station » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:32 pm

I hate PCism and SJWism, but I can't comment on that in relation to the article . . . because I can't read the article. I didn't realize there was a limit to how many articles one can read for free per month.

At any rate, I'm certainly not fond of xenophobia, either. PCism and SJWism turns people who use "the wrong language" or who have "the wrong beliefs" into others to be marginalized/ostracized in a manner akin to xenophobia.
Last edited by Terrapin Station on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: NYC Man

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by Terrapin Station » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:36 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Your point is? Did I say racism doesn't exist? Hatred doesn't exist? And those people in each photo seem to be from the same country. Everyone knows the US is a racist hell-hole. Why don't you try reading what I write? Btw, black and white alike are leaving South Africa and Zimbabwe in droves because it's now such a dangerous shit-hole to live in.
People go to war to stop a foreign culture with a completely different mind-set and values from taking over their country. Is that 'xenophobia'? The PC seriously need to get their act together and at least try to learn a bit of consistency.
This is definitely an aside, but when in recent times would you say that South Africa wasn't dangerous to live in?

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:22 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Your point is? Did I say racism doesn't exist? .
Xenophobia a word for racism.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:I hate PCism and SJWism, but I can't comment on that in relation to the article . . . because I can't read the article. I didn't realize there was a limit to how many articles one can read for free per month.

At any rate, I'm certainly not fond of xenophobia, either. PCism and SJWism turns people who use "the wrong language" or who have "the wrong beliefs" into others to be marginalized/ostracized in a manner akin to xenophobia.
You can say that there is nothing wrong with xenophobia and racism if you want. The other side of the same coin is nationalism and patriotism.
But you cannot pretend it does not exist.

spike
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by spike » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 pm

vegetariantaxidermy:
Japan seems to manage pretty well. There's nothing wrong with protecting your own culture and values system.
There is a difference. The Japanese arrive at and make their choices collectively, about their culture and values (which are not imposed with a 'stick'), through democracy and the rule of law, unlike in the Middle East. Moreover, the Japanese have a voice and can disagree with and protest authority without the fear of being jailed or killed, like in many parts of the Middle East.

However, Japan does have its xenophobia, which for one is reflected in its population decline. If it was more open to immigration, like Canada and the US, it would not be in such a predicament.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:35 pm

spike wrote:vegetariantaxidermy:
Japan seems to manage pretty well. There's nothing wrong with protecting your own culture and values system.
There is a difference. The Japanese arrive at and make their choices collectively, about their culture and values (which are not imposed with a 'stick'), through democracy and the rule of law, unlike in the Middle East. Moreover, the Japanese have a voice and can disagree with and protest authority without the fear of being jailed or killed, like in many parts of the Middle East.

However, Japan does have its xenophobia, which for one is reflected in its population decline. If it was more open to immigration, like Canada and the US, it would not be in such a predicament.
And 'population decline' is SUCH a bad thing. Japan also has a very low crime rate. Its people can live packed in like sardines without managing to annoy and antagonise each other in a way that the rest of us can't. In other words, they are civilised towards each other.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Your point is? Did I say racism doesn't exist? .
Xenophobia a word for racism.
I don't know why I bother. You don't read what I write anyway.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:42 pm

spike wrote:vegetariantaxidermy:
Japan seems to manage pretty well. There's nothing wrong with protecting your own culture and values system.
There is a difference. The Japanese arrive at and make their choices collectively, about their culture and values (which are not imposed with a 'stick'), through democracy and the rule of law, unlike in the Middle East. Moreover, the Japanese have a voice and can disagree with and protest authority without the fear of being jailed or killed, like in many parts of the Middle East.

However, Japan does have its xenophobia, which for one is reflected in its population decline. If it was more open to immigration, like Canada and the US, it would not be in such a predicament.
If that's the way Middle Easterners want it then so what? Let them have their customs in their own countries, just don't bring their rotten customs into my home and expect me to pander to them. Btw, you do realise that the US and its bitch GB fucked up the ME don't you? Look back to what the US did to Iran and its democratically-elected President way back in 1953. What a different world we would now have.
Iran.jpg
Iran.jpg (50.74 KiB) Viewed 1329 times

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Thinkers Against Xenophobia: How To Deal with Pride and Prejudice

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Terrapin Station wrote: PCism and SJWism turns people who use "the wrong language" or who have "the wrong beliefs" into others to be marginalized/ostracized in a manner akin to xenophobia.
Excellent point. Apparently we aren't allowed to like our homes any more or feel any kind of emotional or historical bond to them, and I DON'T mean Nationalism or Patriotism--those are mindless religions. Affection for your own home is something people can't help, and a normal part of being human, especially if you have a pleasant home that hasn't been fucked up (yet, but it won't be long).
The PC and SJW (I had to google that one) are always hypocrites anyway. They drivel on about 'multiculturism' but you will find they invariably live as far away as possible from the 'multicultural' areas. Perhaps they don't feel comfortable around all that crime.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests