What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Greta »

Dubious wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:12 am
Greta wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:46 amThere is no such thing as the "dualistic secular mind".
Actually there is! It's the one running on both gas and electric power requiring two different nozzles to recharge!
I thought that was the hybrid secular mind ... as opposed to the triunal sectarian mind, which can sometimes be confused with the bicameral mind or, in our lad's case, the triphasic pseudo-transcendental evangelist mind.
Dubious
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Please, please! I can only handle two nozzles at a time.
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Greta »

That's the limitation of the dualistic mind! What you need to kick the whole cocktail off is an extra outlet installed that allows you to produce tremendous amounts of hot air and completes the triune, as demonstrated on earlier pages.
Dubious
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 am That's the limitation of the dualistic mind! What you need to kick the whole cocktail off is an extra outlet installed that allows you to produce tremendous amounts of hot air and completes the triune, as demonstrated on earlier pages.
Well when it comes down to that I'd rather take my instructions from a hot air specialist with a lot of experience. There's two of them on the site one being a spare in case the other one blows.
User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by -1- »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:29 am
I don't know but I intuite the results of the third dimension of thought to be true so I pursue it. I understand what Einstein meant though you my think it idiotic
For Einstein, insight did not come from logic or mathematics. It came, as it does for artists, from intuition and inspiration. As he told one friend, "When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come close to the conclusion that the gift of imagination has meant more to me than any talent for absorbing absolute knowledge." Elaborating, he added, "All great achievements of science must start from intuitive knowledge. I believe in intuition and inspiration.... At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason." Thus, his famous statement that, for creative work in science, "Imagination is more important than knowledge" (Calaprice, 2000, 22, 287, 10).
It's not idiotic. It is just plain wrong what Einstein said.

He said that the greatest achievements in science are products of the imagination more than products of absolute knowledge.

He is only right if he subs "philosophy" for "science". His entire theory was created the way he said he created it; but at the time of creation his theory was not science, but philosophy. He started with a number of UNPROVABLE assumptions, one being that the greatest speed in the universe is the speed of light. In his time of thinking up the relativity theory the speed of light was the fastest speed measured, but not proven to be the highest speed. Yet he arbitrarily chose this to be true, and built a theory around it.

It was through sheer luck that his theory was proven to correspond to reality. When it did,they slapped a Nobel Prize in physics on the poor, hapless, unsuspecting philosopher.

He was a philosopher, not a scientist.

A scientist will always start with observation, then draw conclusions from that.

In fact, some of the recent greatest achievements in science and technology have occurred observing errors in experiments. One famous example is the discovery of Penicillin.It was due to an error that its healing powers were discovered. Another famous mistake was the invention of transistors, another, the power of laser light, and another, the power of microwaves.
Nick_A
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

Greta
You bear false witness against others here almost every day. The misleading approach of your above response is typical too, where you won't take accountability for what you say and rely on distraction and obfuscation, usually using an entirely unrelated quote from Plato, Needleman, Weir or Einstein to claim as your own thoughts.

Actually, it is YOU who is closed to the reality of the human condition - our relationships with the planet, with nature, with the Sun, with the cosmos, to the evolutionary roots of traits we falsely assume to be distinctly human. You don't care about any of that.

So your ideas are shallow-rooted, timid, bloodless and fey - built upon a superstitious foundation of naive BS, which can seem solid enough when it ossifies, but soon crumbles.
So Greta bears false witness against me. This is just a simple example of hypocrisy. It is a dominant characteristic of the human condition. Instead of admitting it Greta speaks of
Reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding are not only possible but a reality in real lives every day. It's the reduction of it - the destruction of these values by your beloved Republican Saboteur-in-Chief - that is disappointing.
Creating a scapegoat. Greta cannot admit how much she and the secularist philosophy justifies hypocrisy. She doesn’t see how our species can kill one day and cure on the next and blame it on a scapegoat. She doesn’t see it as normal for the human condition. She is incapable of making the transition from reliance on the dualistic mind into opening to the triune mind. So everything remains the same.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6206
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Considering all question stems from "?" as the origin of question the most important question is:

"?"
Reflex
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Reflex »

It's really disheartening to see how quickly a simple question can degenerate into the rancor we see here. It's kinda like when I ask, "What must be in order for what is to be as it is?" No one is prepared to answer either question with any degree of decorum. When it is answered, the answer is along the lines of 'I don't know' followed by haughty sentiment that amounts to 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing' (i.e., you can't get an 'is' or an 'ought' from 'I don't know').
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Greta »

Reflex wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pmIt's really disheartening to see how quickly a simple question can degenerate into the rancor we see here. It's kinda like when I ask, "What must be in order for what is to be as it is?" No one is prepared to answer either question with any degree of decorum. When it is answered, the answer is along the lines of 'I don't know' followed by haughty sentiment that amounts to 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing' (i.e., you can't get an 'is' or an 'ought' from 'I don't know').
Unfair call, ref! :?

I was perfectly peaceful on this thread until this:
Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:27 amThose like you and Greta are so caught up in dualistic reason that the triune mind is an absurdity to you.
Out of the blue he kicks me! He and I weren't even talking on this thread. He has done this plenty of times too.

I'll be minding my own business and the bastard goes and kicks me without provocation. Why? Because he holds a grudge and can't resist sinking in the slipper at any opportunity.

As I said before, the most important question very much depends on the person, their circumstances and their stage of life. You can't prescribe one-size-fits-all solutions to existence.
Dubious
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Reflex wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm It's kinda like when I ask, "What must be in order for what is to be as it is?" No one is prepared to answer either question with any degree of decorum.
Lets parse the question:
What must be / in order for what is / to be as it is?

It's the type of question to which no real response can be provided, therefore its conclusion would default to...the way things are is how it must be to be what it is.
Nick_A
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 am Please, please! I can only handle two nozzles at a time.
Take lessons from Stormy Daniels. She'll teach you how to expand your horizons.
Nick_A
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

Reflex wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm It's really disheartening to see how quickly a simple question can degenerate into the rancor we see here. It's kinda like when I ask, "What must be in order for what is to be as it is?" No one is prepared to answer either question with any degree of decorum. When it is answered, the answer is along the lines of 'I don't know' followed by haughty sentiment that amounts to 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing' (i.e., you can't get an 'is' or an 'ought' from 'I don't know').
Welcome to the results of modern secular philosophy. The question "What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?" has evolved to reach the conclusion: "yo momma sucks." The question is no longer necessary now that the answer has been established.
Dubious
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:33 am
Dubious wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 am Please, please! I can only handle two nozzles at a time.
Take lessons from Stormy Daniels. She'll teach you how to expand your horizons.
Her "expertise" would be a lot more pleasant to encounter than yours. Better the physical than all the metaphysical tripe you come up with. I'm sure Einstein would agree me!
Last edited by Dubious on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubious
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:45 am
Reflex wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm It's really disheartening to see how quickly a simple question can degenerate into the rancor we see here. It's kinda like when I ask, "What must be in order for what is to be as it is?" No one is prepared to answer either question with any degree of decorum. When it is answered, the answer is along the lines of 'I don't know' followed by haughty sentiment that amounts to 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing' (i.e., you can't get an 'is' or an 'ought' from 'I don't know').
Welcome to the results of modern secular philosophy. The question "What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?" has evolved to reach the conclusion: "yo momma sucks." The question is no longer necessary now that the answer has been established.
You can always try to come up with one of your own, one that doesn't rely on another quote as a stand-in to produce what you're incapable of accomplishing yourself.

Btw, what's your momma got to do with it? Is she not part of your triune mind manifestation! You should be more respectful of you momma! :shock:
Reflex
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Reflex »

Dubious wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:42 am
Reflex wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm It's kinda like when I ask, "What must be in order for what is to be as it is?" No one is prepared to answer either question with any degree of decorum.
Lets parse the question:
What must be / in order for what is / to be as it is?

It's the type of question to which no real response can be provided, therefore its conclusion would default to...the way things are is how it must be to be what it is.
We are more and more to discuss details in art, politics, literature. A man’s opinion on tram cars matters; his opinion on Botticelli matters; his opinion on all things does not matter. He may turn over and explore a million objects, but he must not find that strange object, the universe; for if he does he will have a religion, and be lost. Everything matters — except everything. -- G. K. Chesterton
Need I say more?
Post Reply