What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A
Posts: 5214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious wrote
How bloody noble and sanctimonious! Any idea when you'll experience the triune mind and forgo the usual lies, negations and misrepresentations you've been practicing in the meantime?
Greta wrote:
My impression is that he justifies his regular stream of untruths and false witnessing on the basis that, as "secularists", we are not fully human and thus unworthy of truth, which he would see us as incapable of appreciating.

Thus, the role of the "higher mind" such as Nick's today is apparently to destroy secularists and secularism and restore rightful theocratic rule. He does not believe this is possible with the system as it is and thus his battle continues until the much-awaited Apocalypse, which will finally usher in God's dominion over the Earth. Thus he is in favour of anything that destroys people, systems and ecosystems - such as his preferred politician.
Notice how these posts are notable for their lack of depth and overwhelming negative accusations and condemnation all directed at ideas introduced into the world by the greats of the past. These ideas invite a person to question the imagined supremacy of the dualistic mind in the philosophical quest for meaning.

What is really sad is that this mentality is dominant in school systems inflicting metaphysical repression on the young beginning to open their minds. Is it any wonder they turn to drugs?
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Greta »

Thank you Nick for providing evidence that some of us have criticised your unsubstantiated and extravagant commentaries. Indeed, we do criticise them - because you cannot come onto philosophy forums and lie copiously with impunity. After a while someone will call you on it, and no one complains quite like you when that happens.

I note that you clipped off the interesting part of Dubious's and my posts so as to present a skewed image of us as critics. A reminder of my last posting:
When unhooked from the mythology, the apocalypse prophesy of Revelations can be thought about in interesting ways, given what most experts are predicting with the environment and AI. Maybe the ancients intuited a threshold time in the future when both natural and human systems would break down. Perhaps then, as predicted, the Earth really will be ruled by a new type of entity, one that is above human bias, corruption, cruelty, and dishonesty, that is just, true and virtually immortal?

... AI :)
How is this less shallow than your claims that you enjoy superior cognition and awareness to the rest of us due to your special "triune mind"? That's just competitive play - a meaningless pissing contest with one contestant. One can only wonder how and why do keep your higher state of mind so under wraps on the forum.
Dubious
Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 pmNotice how these posts are notable for their lack of depth and overwhelming negative accusations and condemnation all directed at ideas introduced into the world by the greats of the past.
You obviously believe that you're in the same league with "the greats of the past" and that by attacking you we're attacking them. My friend, you need to get psychoanalyzed! What you imply by this statement goes way beyond mere wishful thinking. You're not even in the same galaxy as them.

I don't mean this as an insult but I really think you're going insane! Communicating with a psychoanalyst may be your best bet going forward.
Nick_A
Posts: 5214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

Greta
Thank you Nick for providing evidence that some of us have criticised your unsubstantiated and extravagant commentaries. Indeed, we do criticise them - because you cannot come onto philosophy forums and lie copiously with impunity. After a while someone will call you on it, and no one complains quite like you when that happens.
You attack those like Plato, Plotinus, Basarab Nicolescu, Einstein, Simone Weil, and Jacob Needleman since I quote them. You must believe that they have lied since I am quoting them. The bottom line is that you have a hatred for the great ideas introduced into the world to serve as awakening influences. You are not alone. The secular world captive of the dualistic mind sides with you.
When unhooked from the mythology, the apocalypse prophesy of Revelations can be thought about in interesting ways, given what most experts are predicting with the environment and AI. Maybe the ancients intuited a threshold time in the future when both natural and human systems would break down. Perhaps then, as predicted, the Earth really will be ruled by a new type of entity, one that is above human bias, corruption, cruelty, and dishonesty, that is just, true and virtually immortal?
You may be right. The God of the Great Beast will be a soulless automaton or AI ruling over atoms of the great Beast who have lost all connections with the third dimension of thought leading to higher consciousness and the psychological inner vertical path which leads to our Source.

The future is the future. I am concerned with now and the dominance of spirit killing and the effect it is having on the collective human psych. So I support the others including those I’ve mentioned who offer an alternative to blind denial and imagination as the source of human meaning.
Nick_A
Posts: 5214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:27 am
Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 pmNotice how these posts are notable for their lack of depth and overwhelming negative accusations and condemnation all directed at ideas introduced into the world by the greats of the past.
You obviously believe that you're in the same league with "the greats of the past" and that by attacking you we're attacking them. My friend, you need to get psychoanalyzed! What you imply by this statement goes way beyond mere wishful thinking. You're not even in the same galaxy as them.

I don't mean this as an insult but I really think you're going insane! Communicating with a psychoanalyst may be your best bet going forward.

This is just silly. You probably think because I am rated just below expert in chess I consider myself equal to the grandmasters of the past and present. You have no sense of scale. I can understand what Plato and Plotinus refer to as the Good and the ONE and how they describe universal structure but that doesn't equate me with them.

Like Greta you remain closed to ideas your reliance on dualism doesn't allow you to experience. Naturally you reject these ideas with violent emotional denial to protect yourself from them. Blind denial of awakening ideas is the same reason why both Jesus and Socrates had to be killed.
Dubious
Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 am
Dubious wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:27 am
Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 pmNotice how these posts are notable for their lack of depth and overwhelming negative accusations and condemnation all directed at ideas introduced into the world by the greats of the past.
You obviously believe that you're in the same league with "the greats of the past" and that by attacking you we're attacking them. My friend, you need to get psychoanalyzed! What you imply by this statement goes way beyond mere wishful thinking. You're not even in the same galaxy as them.

I don't mean this as an insult but I really think you're going insane! Communicating with a psychoanalyst may be your best bet going forward.

This is just silly.
No its not. You made that connection implying that by negating your cornucopia of BS we're at the same time attacking the greats of the past. However, to affirm the "greats of the past", who, btw, weren't always that great, it's liars, deceivers and truth embezzlers like you who need to be put down.
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:54 am Greta
Thank you Nick for providing evidence that some of us have criticised your unsubstantiated and extravagant commentaries. Indeed, we do criticise them - because you cannot come onto philosophy forums and lie copiously with impunity. After a while someone will call you on it, and no one complains quite like you when that happens.
You attack those like Plato, Plotinus, Basarab Nicolescu, Einstein, Simone Weil, and Jacob Needleman since I quote them.
It's not the quotes that I criticise, just your constant false witness.

Nick_A wrote:
When unhooked from the mythology, the apocalypse prophesy of Revelations can be thought about in interesting ways, given what most experts are predicting with the environment and AI. Maybe the ancients intuited a threshold time in the future when both natural and human systems would break down. Perhaps then, as predicted, the Earth really will be ruled by a new type of entity, one that is above human bias, corruption, cruelty, and dishonesty, that is just, true and virtually immortal?
You may be right. The God of the Great Beast will be a soulless automaton or AI ruling over atoms of the great Beast who have lost all connections with the third dimension of thought leading to higher consciousness and the psychological inner vertical path which leads to our Source.

The future is the future. I am concerned with now and the dominance of spirit killing and the effect it is having on the collective human psych. So I support the others including those I’ve mentioned who offer an alternative to blind denial and imagination as the source of human meaning.
I am also deeply concerned with the crushing of the human spirit - through the destruction of reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding. This oppression of humanity's finer qualities is being perpetrated by those sharing your hard right Republican evangelical ideology - which you falsely claim is the ideology of Plato et al.
User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by -1- »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm You ask how I know. I don't know.
You mean you don't know how you know, or you don't know at all.

There is a difference.

Please clarify.
Reflex
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Reflex »

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:13 am
I am also deeply concerned with the crushing of the human spirit - through the destruction of reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding. This oppression of humanity's finer qualities is being perpetrated by those sharing your hard right Republican evangelical ideology - which you falsely claim is the ideology of Plato et al.
Greta?
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Greta »

Reflex wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:01 am
Greta wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:13 am
I am also deeply concerned with the crushing of the human spirit - through the destruction of reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding. This oppression of humanity's finer qualities is being perpetrated by those sharing your hard right Republican evangelical ideology - which you falsely claim is the ideology of Plato et al.
Greta?
Reflex?

Image
Nick_A
Posts: 5214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

Greta
It's not the quotes that I criticise, just your constant false witness.
It isn’t false witness to assert why the dualistic secular mind opposes the great ideas introduced into the world as an awakening influence.
I am also deeply concerned with the crushing of the human spirit - through the destruction of reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding. This oppression of humanity's finer qualities is being perpetrated by those sharing your hard right Republican evangelical ideology - which you falsely claim is the ideology of Plato et al.
You have no idea why your secularist philosophy makes your ideals impossible.
Albert Einstein — 'Problems cannot be solved with the same mind set that created them.' ..
You may be concerned for one thing or another but it is meaningless since you are closed to the reality of the human condition which created and sustains the problem. Since we are as we are, everything is as it is. You don’t know what it means to change what we are nor does society in general. As a result, everything remains as it is. Only the forms change.
Nick_A
Posts: 5214
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Nick_A »

-1- wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:14 am
Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm You ask how I know. I don't know.
You mean you don't know how you know, or you don't know at all.

There is a difference.

Please clarify.
I don't know but I intuite the results of the third dimension of thought to be true so I pursue it. I understand what Einstein meant though you my think it idiotic
For Einstein, insight did not come from logic or mathematics. It came, as it does for artists, from intuition and inspiration. As he told one friend, "When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come close to the conclusion that the gift of imagination has meant more to me than any talent for absorbing absolute knowledge." Elaborating, he added, "All great achievements of science must start from intuitive knowledge. I believe in intuition and inspiration.... At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason." Thus, his famous statement that, for creative work in science, "Imagination is more important than knowledge" (Calaprice, 2000, 22, 287, 10).
Dubious
Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 am

You have no idea why your secularist philosophy makes your ideals impossible.

...which admits that secularists indeed have ideals though not all of them work out in spite of which these ideals still keep existing in the secular mind. On the other hand theism has no need of ideals since god is in charge.
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 am Greta
It's not the quotes that I criticise, just your constant false witness.
It isn’t false witness to assert why the dualistic secular mind opposes the great ideas introduced into the world as an awakening influence.
You bear false witness against others here almost every day. The misleading approach of your above response is typical too, where you won't take accountability for what you say and rely on distraction and obfuscation, usually using an entirely unrelated quote from Plato, Needleman, Weir or Einstein to claim as your own thoughts.

There is no such thing as the "dualistic secular mind". That is another of your straw persons. "The secular mind" is enormously varied and your attempt to lump billions of people together into a neat package is the typical faulty reasoning of the bigot - and profoundly philosophically shallow.

Nick_A wrote:
I am also deeply concerned with the crushing of the human spirit - through the destruction of reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding. This oppression of humanity's finer qualities is being perpetrated by those sharing your hard right Republican evangelical ideology - which you falsely claim is the ideology of Plato et al.
You have no idea why your secularist philosophy makes your ideals impossible.
Reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding are not only possible but a reality in real lives every day. It's the reduction of it - the destruction of these values by your beloved Republican Saboteur-in-Chief - that is disappointing.

I expect that this is part of the ebb and flow of life. Reason, trust, honesty, accountability, mercy, kindness, generosity and understanding will make a comeback.
Albert Einstein — 'Problems cannot be solved with the same mind set that created them.' ..
Alfred actually makes sense. That is why we must reject those who would regress us to theocratic rule rather than grow beyond our theocratic roots to a more refined and nuanced morality.
Nick_A wrote:You may be concerned for one thing or another but it is meaningless since you are closed to the reality of the human condition which created and sustains the problem. Since we are as we are, everything is as it is. You don’t know what it means to change what we are nor does society in general. As a result, everything remains as it is. Only the forms change.
Actually, it is YOU who is closed to the reality of the human condition - our relationships with the planet, with nature, with the Sun, with the cosmos, to the evolutionary roots of traits we falsely assume to be distinctly human. You don't care about any of that.

So your ideas are shallow-rooted, timid, bloodless and fey - built upon a superstitious foundation of naive BS, which can seem solid enough when it ossifies, but soon crumbles.
Dubious
Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: What’s The Most Important Question, and Why?

Post by Dubious »

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:46 am

There is no such thing as the "dualistic secular mind".
Actually there is! It's the one running on both gas and electric power requiring two different nozzles to recharge!
Post Reply