God and Evil

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda
Posts: 2082
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: God and Evil

Post by Belinda » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:19 am

-1- wrote:
Because he's not a nice guy!
So it's your responsibility and mine to try to make it a grow up to be a nice guy .

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God and Evil

Post by bahman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Philosophy Now wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 pm
If God is such a nice guy, why is there so much misery and suffering in the world? Kola Abimbola examines an ancient problem.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/8/God_and_Evil
We are living in fallen world. The problem is resolved.

Belinda
Posts: 2082
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: God and Evil

Post by Belinda » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 am

Bahman wrote:
We are living in fallen world. The problem is resolved.
God has no flesh and blood hands, Bahman. Is God using your hands?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God and Evil

Post by bahman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Belinda wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 am
Bahman wrote:
We are living in fallen world. The problem is resolved.
God has no flesh and blood hands, Bahman. Is God using your hands?
No, I am using my hand. I have to say that I don't believe that we are living in fallen world but I have no objection which can cut it.

Belinda
Posts: 2082
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: God and Evil

Post by Belinda » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 pm

bahman wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 pm
Belinda wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 am
Bahman wrote:
We are living in fallen world. The problem is resolved.
God has no flesh and blood hands, Bahman. Is God using your hands?
No, I am using my hand. I have to say that I don't believe that we are living in fallen world but I have no objection which can cut it.
What is the "I" whom you say is using your hand?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God and Evil

Post by bahman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Belinda wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 pm
bahman wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 pm
Belinda wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 am
Bahman wrote:



God has no flesh and blood hands, Bahman. Is God using your hands?
No, I am using my hand. I have to say that I don't believe that we are living in fallen world but I have no objection which can cut it.
What is the "I" whom you say is using your hand?
A mind.

Belinda
Posts: 2082
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: God and Evil

Post by Belinda » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:38 am

bahman wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm
Belinda wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 pm
bahman wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 pm


No, I am using my hand. I have to say that I don't believe that we are living in fallen world but I have no objection which can cut it.
What is the "I" whom you say is using your hand?
A mind.
Is Bahman mind separate substance from Bahman body?

or

is Bahman mind the only part of Bahman that exists?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God and Evil

Post by bahman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Belinda wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:38 am
bahman wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm
Belinda wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 pm


What is the "I" whom you say is using your hand?
A mind.
Is Bahman mind separate substance from Bahman body?

or

is Bahman mind the only part of Bahman that exists?
Yes, Bahman's mind is separate substance from Bhaman's body.

Belinda
Posts: 2082
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: God and Evil

Post by Belinda » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 am

Bahman wrote:
Bahman's mind is separate substance from Bhaman's body.
So will Bahman's mind survive the death of Bahman's body?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God and Evil

Post by bahman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Belinda wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 am
Bahman wrote:
Bahman's mind is separate substance from Bhaman's body.
So will Bahman's mind survive the death of Bahman's body?
Yes.

Belinda
Posts: 2082
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: God and Evil

Post by Belinda » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 am

Bahman I appreciate your style of direct answers. This style cuts out so much useless wrangling and preaching. It remains only for you to examine the fruits of your belief that body, and mind or soul, are as separable as you claim that they are.

Walker
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: God and Evil

Post by Walker » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Belinda wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 am
Bahman I appreciate your style of direct answers. This style cuts out so much useless wrangling and preaching. It remains only for you to examine the fruits of your belief that body, and mind or soul, are as separable as you claim that they are.
Bahman, since you didn’t pack many words, don’t you think that for the purposes of reasoning and philosophy, then it also remains for Belinda to assume to accept everything that she has understood you to say as being true, and then figure out how it could be true, and then for the last step, to share the reasoning of how it could be true and thus, philosophize?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God and Evil

Post by bahman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Walker wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:25 pm
Belinda wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 am
Bahman I appreciate your style of direct answers. This style cuts out so much useless wrangling and preaching. It remains only for you to examine the fruits of your belief that body, and mind or soul, are as separable as you claim that they are.
Bahman, since you didn’t pack many words, don’t you think that for the purposes of reasoning and philosophy, then it also remains for Belinda to assume to accept everything that she has understood you to say as being true, and then figure out how it could be true, and then for the last step, to share the reasoning of how it could be true and thus, philosophize?
Sure. Let's argue in favor of immaterial mind and against material mind.

Let's argue in favor of immaterial mind:

Let's consider a system which is subject to change, S->S'. S is different from S' so they could not coexist at the same point. We have change therefore considering the previous statement S has to vanishes before S' takes place. This means that we don't have neither S nor S' at one point. S' cannot comes of nothing therefore there should be a mind which is aware of S and could cause S'.

Let's argue against material mind:

Mind is generated by process in matter. Mind control process in matter too. This require that mind does not exist and does exist at the same point which is problematic. Therefore mind cannot be the result of process in matter or cannot control process in matter. One can exclude the second case considering the fact that there is fantastic correlation between what we want and what happens. Therefore mind cannot be the result of process in matter.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests