How materialism is baked into the English language. And how it's incorrect

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

How materialism is baked into the English language. And how it's incorrect

Post by roydop »

This fixes the primary fear of "non-existence" that is projected by the incorrect model of "thing"/"nothing"

https://youtu.be/YU1_FKx_XH0
Dontaskme

Re: How materialism is baked into the English language. And how it's incorrect

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:30 pm This fixes the primary fear of "non-existence" that is projected by the incorrect model of "thing"/"nothing"

The fear of non-existence cannot be fixed. . non-existence is existence without doubt or error, existence is a fixed concept in this conception.
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

Care to explain this thread to those of us who do not consider YouTube to be a reference of academic standard?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

alan1000 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:54 pm Care to explain this thread to those of us who do not consider YouTube to be a reference of academic standard?
That's him speaking on youtube. That's his explanation.
I think that's fair enough as an idea presentation - though the video is not short. Mainly people come here and present their ideas in their own words and he's done that.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:30 pm This fixes the primary fear of "non-existence" that is projected by the incorrect model of "thing"/"nothing"

How materialism is baked into the English language.
I do think that physicalism is baked into most languages - perhaps there's some tribal language that is not built this way. We have objects, verbs act objects, processes are treated like nouns and so on. I think that's fair enough.

But I am not sure the fear of death (I am assuming that is what "non-existence" means in the sentence quoted above) needs to be restricted to physicalisms. Nor that the use of physicalist language is needed to create a fear of death.

We see one member of the tribe die. Even if we thought of life as energies, suddenly those energies/personality expressions/intimacies we experienced with them end. They seem quite gone.

It wouldn't matter if verbs took priority in the language and energies or processes were seen as what exists.
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

I guess I'm being overly cautious! Video nowadays can be faked.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Halellujah, someone noticed!