Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:02 pm
Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:57 am
Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:24 am

This is one of the clearest explanations you’re going to find concerning meditation, which is great because it saves me the bother of explaining it to resistance. With his emphasis on the aspect of shamatha, I know Roy will appreciate it. Any questions?

Step by step is easy to explain, but useless without the view.

The view.

How Meditation Works
https://www.shinzen.org/wp-content/uplo ... rt_How.pdf
Here is another example of making complex and hard what is essentially Truly simple and easy.

If the WHOLE process is just 'meditation', then 'meditation' can be summed up in just two words only, and they are, 'stop thinking'.

'Meditation' is just 'NOT thinking', or just being in 'thought free Awareness', as some might call 'it'. Which, by the way, I have mastered for the whole length of about three - five seconds, in the longest session.
Can you describe your experience?
Feeling absolute contentment and bliss, only.

The muscles in the mouth of this body also actually react, and put the mouth into a smile.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:32 pm
Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:57 am 'Meditation' is just 'NOT thinking', or just being in 'thought free Awareness', as some might call 'it'. Which, by the way, I have mastered for the whole length of about three - five seconds, in the longest session.
I don't know if there are "thought free awarenessess" of different qualities, and if there are, I have never experienced the type that is achieved through meditation, but meditation is not the only way to achieve it. I used to go walking at the weekend; usually in the Peake District, which is mainly moorland. It occurred to me at some point that a significant amount of my time was occupied in thought free awareness, although I didn't call it that. I would have just said, "not thinking about anything". I also found it easier to achieve -although I wasn't specifically trying to achieve it- while actually walking, rather than just standing, or sitting, still. There actually seemed to be something about the act of walking that better facilitated the state. I'm sure advocates of meditation would say that it isn't the same thing at all, and I couldn't argue with them, as I have never medited, but I thought it worth mentioning all the same.
I am not sure what people who claim to 'meditate' would say 'meditation' is, exactly, but the word 'meditate' is related to 'media' or 'medium', which is also related to 'middle'. Which, to me, just refers to some state where one is in between, or in the middle of, let us call 'them', for now, the 'spiritual state' and the 'physical state'. But this will ALL become much clearer, as we move along here.

There is also in-tuition, which is just the tutor or teacher with-in, and 'meditating' involves being in a position to 'mediate' between 'that teacher' of KNOWING, and transcribing 'those messages' to, let us say for now, 'you', THINKING human beings.

Inspiration, or the Spirit with-in ALL, which is what is said sometimes inspires some books or messages, like those of and in the bible, only for example.
Last edited by Age on Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:45 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm Meditation is overrated.
As usual, you are wrong, and likely to be pig-headed in your dialogue.

Meditation is not over-rated.

No ... It's not that.

Meditation is under-rated.

Just pry your eyes open, look around, and read the majority of postings on this forum of PN that deal with the topic.

Good grief. Wake up.
Spiritual Meditation is overrated... the human body is in a natural state of meditation all the time, it's called the instinctive awareness of it's surroundings. For the human thinking organism, quick thinking can save their life.

Even a new born baby knows when it is in danger.

For the mentally afflicted, thoughts are troubling...only mentally troubled people think meditation is the only cure for their uneasy mental states...it's not...only realising there is no one in the body or head who can meditate is the cure for all mental affliction....this realisation happens only ONCE when there has been a misidentification with who is the thinker.

Once the thinker is realised to be an illusion... it's back to chopping wood, carrying water...it's business as usual, and no further inquiry is nescessary. No further practice is necessary...what's the fucking point of practicing to ride a bike ONCE you KNOW how to ride it.

''Spiritual Practice'' is an overrated idiom. It's for illusory characters that do not exist in the real world that is this immediate reality, just as it is...These illusory characters who think they are meditating, simply cannot deal with reality, so they have to pretend they are not a part of it. They are as Fake as fuck...just like you are...idiot.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:55 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:02 pm
Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:57 am

Here is another example of making complex and hard what is essentially Truly simple and easy.

If the WHOLE process is just 'meditation', then 'meditation' can be summed up in just two words only, and they are, 'stop thinking'.

'Meditation' is just 'NOT thinking', or just being in 'thought free Awareness', as some might call 'it'. Which, by the way, I have mastered for the whole length of about three - five seconds, in the longest session.
Can you describe your experience?
Feeling absolute contentment and bliss, only.

The muscles in the mouth of this body also actually react, and put the mouth into a smile.
What distinguishes the inner experience that you describe, from the inner experience of a morphine drip, or some other external chemical concoction?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:45 pm
As usual, you are wrong, and likely to be pig-headed in your dialogue.

You are the sicko one here.

You are the spiritual realm - you are the physical realm.... you are all these things already...you do not have to practice being all these things that you already are.

You are so unbelievably dumb and stupid. Telling other people they speak in pig tongue...get a fucking grip on reality dude.

I've never known anyone in my life as thick as fuck as what you are.
Walker

Post by Walker »

DAM ...

You're old enough to realize that just spouting off methods, out of ignorance, can cause harm. So act your age and be responsible, because this is a serious thread, and cursing does not indicate seriousness on a serious thread. Cursing indicates the ignorance of not knowing what you're talking about. So wise up, grow up.

To transmit a method that will work requires assessment of the receiver.

Mentally ill people should not attempt formal meditation techniques that aim towards thought-free awareness.

There's more to it than just blabbing about what you know, "in the moment," because for one who does not know, what you know could very well change in the next moment, and leave your ego laughing at the wake of destruction or else saying so sorry, so sorry.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:14 pm this is a serious thread,
:)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:14 pm DAM ...

You're old enough to realize that just spouting off methods, out of ignorance, can cause harm. So act your age and be responsible, because this is a serious thread, and cursing does not indicate seriousness on a serious thread. Cursing indicates the ignorance of not knowing what you're talking about. So wise up, grow up.

To transmit a method that will work requires assessment of the receiver.

Mentally ill people should not attempt formal meditation techniques that aim towards thought-free awareness.

There's more to it than just blabbing about what you know, "in the moment," because for one who does not know, what you know could very well change in the next moment, and leave your ego laughing at the wake of destruction or else saying so sorry, so sorry.

Err, I don't and never will agree with anything you say to me, why...because I cannot stand you you pompous arrogant arse hole of a wanker, I loath every word that comes out of your big fat trap. You are evil incarnate.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

"Psychosis is essential in surviving in this culture."

Stop trying to get rid of the natural nature and order of things...you fucking moronic evil pretentious do gooders.

Walker, I will NEVER like you...please get over it.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:24 am

This is one of the clearest explanations you’re going to find concerning meditation, which is great because it saves me the bother of explaining it to resistance. With his emphasis on the aspect of shamatha, I know Roy will appreciate it. Any questions?

Step by step is easy to explain, but useless without the view.

The view.

How Meditation Works
https://www.shinzen.org/wp-content/uplo ... rt_How.pdf

Meditation is overrated. It's implies two things...the doer and the doing. The fixer and the fixing.
'Meditation' can also be seen as just 'shutting up' and 'sitting STILL', which just being IN AWARENESS, Itself.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm Every alive creature with an awareness will be fixated on something or other, it's just how awareness works.
How about just being One with Itself, and focusing on how there is REALLY ONLY just One? Or, just being one with Nature, as some might say.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm Thoughts are free to come and go anyway,
After a particular age it is actually near impossible to stop them, for any real length of time, well I have found anyway.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm no human being has any control over them,
This is because of 'what' 'you', human beings, are, EXACTLY.

But just like human beings have evolved 'out of' "other things", so to just the REAL and ONLY One evolve 'out of' 'you', human beings, and/or the human being different states.

Just like 'emotions' can be controlled so to can 'thoughts' also. With the more understanding and knowing of who the REAL one and only One in Life is helps exponentially with and over this 'control'.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm because 'thoughts' are not bound or fixed in one location that can be pinpointed and erased completely from being. We can only control our reactions to thought...
But it is 'thought', itself, that controls human being's 'reactions', or more correctly human being's behaviors.

Once control over 'thought' is mastered, then so to can, and will come, thee Truly peaceful and harmonious life, which we have ALL been wanting, seeking, and desiring.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm and not control the thoughts.
What is the time-frame between 'thought' and 'reaction' (or 'behavior')?

And who, or what, exactly, has supposed 'control' within that time-frame?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm If a sad thought arises, there is no one who chose to have that sad thought.
I do not think ANY one would choose to have a so-called 'sad thought'. But an 'emotional' would certainly have some contributing part to 'that thought', correct?

And, we to me anyway, 'emotions' are just 'signals' or 'sign posts' of what is happening in 'that world' outside of or external to 'that body', with 'that emotion'.

Now, if there is absolutely NO one who can have ANY control over 'emotions' and/or 'thoughts', then absolutely NO one is to be blamed for, nor needs to accept and take responsibility for the way 'the world' is, at any given moment or time.

If no one is choosing their sad thoughts, then who the heck is choosing to be thoughtfree of sad thoughts?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm Mediation implies two things..it implies there is a thinker, who can then remove their own thoughts...that's just BS
That there is a 'thinker,' I, literally, think is NOT "bull shit", nor a lie. And, OBVIOUS a 'thinker' could NOT remove 'the thinking' just like a "christian" could NOT remove 'the christ', or an "american" could remove 'the america'.

There are OBVIOUSLY 'thinking' beings, correct?

If yes, then these just have the label 'you', human beings, attached to them, correct?

One has to 'step out of', 'move past', or 'evolve further or more', to be able to 'step back' at LOOK AT "oneself" and/or the 'thoughts' arising, BEFORE they arise to be able to stop or control 'those thoughts'. It is therefore NOT 'the thinker' that is stopping 'thoughts', but the One who is KNOWN as the Knower who can do this.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm Mediation is for dead people...or it is for house plants, or it is for the mentally ill.

Now, just be and live an ordinary life, that's all that's happening here anyway. Resistance to this immediate what is moment, is futile.
Could this 'Im-mediate what IS moment' be related to mediation, somehow?

Or, is this NOT possible, in 'your world', "dontaskme"?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm Reactions to thoughts can be flushed down the shitter. But thoughts are here to stay, there is no refuge for thoughts.
How does one STOP the 'reaction' when one ALREADY has their 'finger on the trigger', for example?

Would it not be better to STOP 'the thought', "I want to KILL them", FIRST, instead of 'trying to' STOP the 'reaction' AFTER 'that thought'?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm No matter how thoughtfree you think you may be feeling in any given moment...if a tree is falling in the forest ..and you are walking peacefully unaware, without the thought popping up to make you aware the tree might just be falling on your bonce, and you'll be thankful for it being there...it might just save your life...
Walking while not necessarily thinking of anything, does NOT mean that 'you' are blissfully unaware of absolutely EVERY thing. Obviously there is still some sort of Awareness going on, and some might argue there is actually more so, as well as some sort of 'thought process' involved, telling the feet to put one of them in front of the other. And, if a tree did start falling, or a snake, lion, crocodile, or buffalo jumped out in front of 'you', 'you' do NOT stay 'thought free' and UNAWARE. 'Thoughts' will arise BEFORE absolutely ANY knowing of them arises, which, those 'thoughts' will make the body react, for safety, BEFORE ANY control of 'those reaction' could ever take place.
Last edited by Age on Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:22 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:14 pm this is a serious thread,
:)
Not that it matters at all, but this very dry and quick and sharp-witted humor of 'yours' "harbal" is what I love, have admired, and have truly missed, here.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:53 pm
Not that it matters at all, but this very dry and quick and sharp-witted humor of 'yours' "harbal" is what I love, have admired, and have truly missed, here.
I had no idea you admired me for anything, Age, so I am quite honoured. Thank you. :)

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:01 pm
Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:53 pm
I had no idea you admired me for anything, Age, so I am quite honoured. Thank you. :)
I thought I had private messaged you previously about admiring and enjoying your dry and quick-witted humor here, but I just had a look and cannot find that message in this forum. Maybe it was in another forum, if you are/were in any others.

Also, if I was 'you', "harbal", I would not publicly admit being honored at all by absolutely ANY thing I say, a lot of people here have thought that I am a complete raving lunatic.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:11 pm a lot of people here have thought that I am a complete raving lunatic.
Is that what you believe?

Or do you just absolutely know this to be irrefutably true that a lot of people here think you are a complete raving lunatic?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:11 pm Also, if I was 'you', "harbal", I would not publicly admit being honored at all by absolutely ANY thing I say, a lot of people here have thought that I am a complete raving lunatic.
Being misunderstood is just something special people like you and I have to learn to put up with, Age. :)