Word of the day

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Groom

Merriam/Webster: to get into readiness for a specific objective

Wikipedia: Since the early 2020s, conservatives and members of the far-right, mostly in the United States, have falsely accused LGBT people, as well as their allies and progressives in general, of systematically using LGBT-positive education and campaigns for LGBT rights as a method of child grooming. These accusations and conspiracy theories are characterized by experts as baseless, homophobic and transphobic, and as examples of moral panic.

Related article:
Still Need Proof of LGBT Grooming in Schools?
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... s-n1666396

Related quotes (the voice in the noggin):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=532j-186xEQ
- “Let me see your identification.”
(“You don’t need to see his identification.”)
- “We don’t need to see his identification.”

- “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.”
(“These aren’t the droids we’re looking for.”)

Commentary: Predictable cause-and-effect overrides any semantic parsing of the term “specific objective,” which is a qualifier used to define the word “grooming.”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Day

If there's 24 hours in a day. How many hours are in a night?

The absurdity of language.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Night

This is the battle between day and night... I see black light.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Chess blindness

Caused by apprehending so many ways to move that the obvious way becomes invisible.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Apperceptive mass
noun. psychology. : the whole of a person's previous experience that is used in understanding a new percept or idea.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

phenomenal

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

phenotype, all the observable characteristics of an organism that result from the interaction of its genotype (total genetic inheritance) with the environment. Examples of observable characteristics include behaviour, biochemical properties, colour, shape, and size.

https://www.britannica.com/science/phenotype
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:26 pm Night

This is the battle between day and night... I see black light.

"dark matter, a component of the universe whose presence is discerned from its gravitational attraction rather than its luminosity."
https://www.britannica.com/science/dark-matter

Comment: Dark Matter is invisible. How is God discerned?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:54 am
Comment: Dark Matter is invisible. How is God discerned?
God is discerned the same way Dark Matter is discerned.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Evangelical Atheism.

Atheists write more about God-unbelief than theists write about God-believe, or God-knowing.

Why? Answer: to convert theists to atheism.

The question to that answer is, why?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:25 am Evangelical Atheism.

Atheists write more about God-unbelief than theists write about God-believe, or God-knowing.

Why? Answer: to convert theists to atheism.

The question to that answer is, why?
It takes two to tango a conversation about a subject. For or against the subject is inevitable when belief is involved.

I do not believe each believer is trying to convert the other to drop their own belief in favour of the opposing belief.
The believer is just trying to rationalise their own belief for themself, and is not trying to convert the other to conform to it.
The point of a held belief, is because humans are aware they have never been alive before, so there is a natural curiosity to understand the nature of being alive, knowing we have not always been alive.

This curiousity leads to an idea that we must have been created. Some people will understand the idea of a creator is absurd, other people will demand the idea of a creator. What happens with human thinking is an attempt to resolve an inevitable friction between two different forms of opinion.

My personal argument is to forget the word GOD, and replace it with the word ''CREATOR''

Q: What does ''Creator'' mean?
A: An intelligent conscious entity who manifested the entire universe / creation.

This creation includes many sentient conscious organisms, namely, the human, and the animal.

If this conscious intelligent ''Creator'' entity is true, then what is being suggested here is that in the beginning of all time, there was an ''Intelligent Conscious Entity Creator''... who was able to create many other ''intelligent conscious entities''
But this idea is absurd, it's like saying a ''Conscious Creator Entity'' is capable of recreating many other conscious entities.

I personally do not think a Conscious Entity Creator, can recreate conscious entities, separate and independant of itself.

The idea that there can be Two Consciousnesses or more, is an absurd idea. That's like saying SPACE can be re-created. When it's obvious there's just one space that is everywhere at once. There is no such thing as a multiple number of SPACE.

Implying a conscious creator can re-create another conscious living entity, is like saying a human being can re-create another completely different species with it's own separate consciousness, this is obviously impossible to do.

No human being ever recreates another human being, nor does an animal ever recreate another animal.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I'll repeat the question.

Why do evangelical atheists need to convert theists to atheism?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:23 pm I'll repeat the question.

I'll repeat the answer.

As a believer.
I do not believe each believer is trying to convert the other to drop their own belief in favour of the opposing belief.
The believer is just trying to rationalise their own belief for themself, and is not trying to convert the other to conform to it.

Belief is formed, in my opinion, as a way of understanding the life lived for the believer. Helping them to deal with life in a way that makes sense to them. Which may or may not be opposed by another in a philosophical discussion on a philosophy forum.
Why the need to discuss personal beliefs with others, opposing or not, is simply just what happens. Belief in anything, is no one elses business but the believers business, even though the urge to make it other peoples business is just what happens..

As I've said before, anything can happen in a dream, and it ususally does, literally, anything is possible in a dream.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

WORD

The sound of silence sounding. The unwritten written. The authorless author. The meaningless meaning. The benign harmless symbol that makes you go Hmm. Or makes you get really mad, and sometimes makes you say fuck you, or fuck off. :wink:

The absurdity of langauge.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:23 pm I'll repeat the question.

Like God "evangelical atheists" only exist in your head.
If you don't like what people have to say then stop engaging them.

Everyone has the right to say what they think.