Word of the day

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Word of the day

Post by attofishpi »

Flagitious
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Flatulent (like some Indian on a plane just now)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Confabulation

“Confabulation involves your brain filling in gaps that are missing in your memories to make more sense of them. This isn't lying, but rather remembering details that never happened. Confabulation tends to increase with age.”

(Comment: Remembering details that never happened is believing your own confabuation in order to make others believe your confabulation.)

Source: What is the Mandela Effect?
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-th ... ct-4589394

Confabulate and you confabulate alone.
Effect The Mandela and the world confabulates with you.

For example:

- For whatever reason, Brandon’s personal stories are grandiose confabulations. When he speaks he is confabulating and if you hear him you are hearing a lifetime of practice in action, so congratulations on being confabulated!

- There are also self-deprecating confabulations. Unless you are a clown the pitfall of self-deprecating-confabulation is that plenty of other folks are willing, eager, and able to casually do your deprecating for you, set it into stone, and landscape it like a memorial.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Blabbit/ing -- to talk enthusiastically about something mundane, inane, or irrelevant.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Sculptor post_id=629699 time=1678881359 user_id=17400]
Phrase of the Day.

"..the fuck"
as in "what the actual fuck".

This is a coin of fairly recent age. No one ever said it when I was a child.
In those days it was [i]fucking this [/i]and [i]fucking that[/i]. Or [i]you filthy fucker.[/i] Never "the fuck".

I hate it when you see in in historical films since it collapses the [i]suspension of disbelief[/i] necessary for the drama to do its work. A bit like Roman Centurion with a wrist- watch.
[/quote]

dafuq
Walker

Post by Walker »

Archimedean point

: a reliably certain position or starting point that serves as the basis for argument or reasoning
: also : a detached position or point of view from which to perceive and deal with a subject objectively

First Known Use

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... an%20point
Walker

Post by Walker »

EV Range Anxiety (EVRA):

Although the centralized government has created the conditions that produce EV Range Anxiety, the centralized government can attribute the cause of EV Range Anxiety to the “settled science” of climate change that causes the cold that kills the manufacturer’s promises of distance.

Climate-blame for EV Range Anxiety can be broadcast by government institutions, media outlets, and other minions until this cause becomes common knowledge, and any disagreement then becomes Misinformation/Opinion, to be punished accordingly.

Government-approved medicines for EVRA can be developed after the government declares an emergency, and tax dollars will pay for your cure if you qualify, or if you're an illegal alien. (Illegal alien may soon become an illegal term and punishable if spoken or written). If the medicine isn't effective, or damages your body, the government can develop another medicine to counteract those effects, although it may not cover that cost unless you're essential.

The cure for EV Range Anxiety? Simply become a government-approved elite via the various schemes, such as wealth or government perks, that will fill your gas-guzzler's climate-immune energy reserves with carbon credits.

Carbon Credits is also The Party's plan for repleating the US Strategic Oil Reserves, i.e. military energy reserves, that were drained for The Party's political purposes, which somehow involved selling some of it to China.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:21 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:17 pm buttinsky

Look to lace for the definition.

prig

ditto

Karen (formerly known as Miss Grundy)

ditto
'karen' is just a misogynistic arsewipe of a label, an excuse to belittle anything a woman says.
‘Karen’ especially applies to woke suburban women.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

borborygmi

If you’re hungry, you can look it up.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Advocate wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:06 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:55 pm Phrase of the Day.

"..the fuck"
as in "what the actual fuck".

This is a coin of fairly recent age. No one ever said it when I was a child.
In those days it was fucking this and fucking that. Or you filthy fucker. Never "the fuck".

I hate it when you see in in historical films since it collapses the suspension of disbelief necessary for the drama to do its work. A bit like Roman Centurion with a wrist- watch.
dafuq
Maybe it was said when you were a child, and it just wasn't said around children, like it is now.

Your exposure could have been atypical. Folks used to not talk like that around the little children. Mass media has made common what was once considered a corruption, and when it comes to discourse it appears that life imitates media.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Supramundane
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lawfare

Think about "warfare," and you get the meaning of Lawfare.

For example: The Left commits Lawfare against The United States, and with weapons such as the policies of Obama/Biden.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

indenture

bite the hand that feeds

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Crown

First they took away his crown
Then they defanged him