Deconstructing English

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

paigetheoracle

Deconstructing English

Post by paigetheoracle »

I have made a stab at deconstructing English, which has had about 25,000 hits (as it is freeware) but has led to little interest in the language book series itself. Is this because it has reduced letters, syllables and words to pure mechanics, instead of stories and would only linguists find such material of use / interest? (link to site below plus sample pages)

http://logiclistsenglish.simplesite.com
Attachments
LOGIC LISTS SOUND 2.jpg
LOGIC LISTS SOUND 2.jpg (27.64 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
LOGIC LISTS SIGHT 3.jpg
LOGIC LISTS SIGHT 3.jpg (28.24 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
LOGIC LISTS SIGHT 1.jpg
LOGIC LISTS SIGHT 1.jpg (19.24 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
Gary Childress

Re: Deconstructing English

Post by Gary Childress »

Interesting. What do you mean by "deconstructing English"? Do you mean deconstructing it to gibberish or something? I've never understood what this "deconstructing" is supposed to mean despite taking classes on it. Or are you not talking about the Derrida-type nonsense?
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

paigetheoracle wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:28 pm Is this because it has reduced letters, syllables and words to pure mechanics, instead of stories and would only linguists find such material of use / interest? (link to site below plus sample pages)
It's because it's very obviously amateurishly written, with a bunch of claims that have no citations, where it seems to be at least verging on something kind of wackadoodle. There is also a lot of very awkward grammar, which is one of the things that makes it amateurish. In addition to that, the website is very awkwardly designed. I'm not sure what's driving people to check out at least one page, but the above is why you're not getting more interest beyond the couple pages folks might be checking out.

You don't need to have a formal educational background to garner interest, but you at least need to do the equivalent work on your own, which means not only doing all the reading and research required, but being able to construct a cogent presentation reflecting a unique point of view, knowing how to present research/footnotes/endnotes/bibliographical material, being able to write clearly with conventional grammar (or hiring a freelance editor to check and fix that stuff for you), and so on. It has to be on the same caliber as something likely to be published after going through peer review, whether you went to school to get there or you self-educated.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

paigetheoracle wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:28 pm I have made a stab at deconstructing English, which has had about 25,000 hits (as it is freeware) but has led to little interest in the language book series itself. Is this because it has reduced letters, syllables and words to pure mechanics, instead of stories and would only linguists find such material of use / interest? (link to site below plus sample pages)

http://logiclistsenglish.simplesite.com
Linky no worky!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Somewhere on my PC I have a dictionary listing of words - without their definitions - indeed I sorted them not alphabetically but that coupled with word length.

I sorted it that way for a game I was developing, but cbf'd in the end!

Since, I am interested in embedded logic within this language, perhaps I will get around to extrapolating further logic, within these words, using the logic of algorithms I code *: )

www.androcies.com
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

The text needs to be written. The mission, of the text, is to induce the support.

Trisl's (God's) need of a companion/need of the afterlife history, by myself, on this evening, is the singularity to the dead evil rivalry: letting the physics use keep the relay, to the analysis's body supporting the relay.

The physics use, to the analysis's body (a Mason Dertry destiny to elsewhere, from Trisl's name being by Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne); it was earlier this evening, that I worked the mythology of writing and the mythology of location (a Frank Slade reference) into a STUPOR (the mythological face deconstruction, of James Twal) -

the story, of the evening.