All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Impenitent »

K=JTB?

-Imp
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6257
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

nothing wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:58 am
Multiplicity is taken as entity(ies). Void is a void term...we only understand the prior statement because of many terms.
Why is multiplicity taken as entity(s) (!) ?
Why can not both nothing and multiplicity be taken as non-entity?

Because non-entity is a statement of absence, in nothing there is not even an absence as absence necessitates a statement of relation.
Knowledge means nothing on it's own terms.
It can: in relation to its known inverse: belief-based ignorance.

All knowledge is grounded in underlying assumptions.

For every possible belief-based ignorance (less: belief-in-and-of-itself as problem-in-and-of-itself in regress ad infinitum) there must be a reconciling knowledgeable counterpart which, if attained to, would alleviate any/all burdens induced by the ignorance.

Therefor, if knowledge can be taken as a 'body' (ie. a body of knowledge)
then ignorance can be inferred to have a counterpart 'body' (ie. a body of ignorance)
wherein as the body of knowledge is attained to, the body of ignorance is negated into impotency.
____________________________
equivalent: god wins over satan every time
so long as the body of ignorance is consumed
by the body of knowledge counterpart
indefinitely being attained to.

*All-knowing is negation (ie. null; void) of any/all *belief-based ignorance(s).
____________________________________________________________________________
*All-knowing = body of 'knowledge'
*belief-based ignorance(s) = body of 'ignorance'
All knowing is by way of indefinitely trying all belief, but
not all belief is by way of indefinitely trying to know all.
renders:
All knowing is belief (?)
AABBSSSSOLUTTEELLYYYYYY....
...
...........(absurd)

All (fire extinguisher) is FIRE!

The fires extinguisher exists because of fire, thus exists through the phenomenon of fire.

All (knowing) is BELIEF!

You definition of knowledge requires a continual definition if you are to know what it is, thus it is subject to beleif.

Knowledge negates belief, thus is certainly not belief.

Knowledge negates itself if one knows its groundings are in assumptions. Knowledge is just a repeated pattern. Beleif is the dynamic repetition of patterns towards an end which is not known.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2337
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am ALL propositions have binary meanings, is not at all true.
This proposition is true; Most statements do NOT have binary meanings.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm
Age wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am ALL propositions have binary meanings, is not at all true.
This proposition is true; Most statements do NOT have binary meanings.
It is also true because if the proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' is being proposed as being true, then that proposition itself would have to have a binary meaning also, which would mean that its binary meaning could be that it is not at all true, as well. Obviously, if the proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' was at all true, then it has a 'binary meaning' also. If there is just one proposition, which has just one meaning, then the proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' is not at all true. Could this proposition, which I have just made, be just that one proposition, with only one meaning, which was needed?

The proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' is just one of those silly statements like 'EVERY thing is assumed', and, 'the truth can not be known', statements are. ANY proposition that proposes some thing to be true, or proposes that things can not be known, but at the same time is saying that there is no truth, or that things can not be known, are just nonsensical propositions.
nothing
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by nothing »

Because non-entity is a statement of absence, in nothing there is not even an absence as absence necessitates a statement of relation.

All knowledge is grounded in underlying assumptions.
This is not necessarily true.

Certainly true if: a being is themselves grounded in the assumption they themselves exist *not* less: their own assumption that they do. In such a case: ignorance. (!)
The fires extinguisher exists because of fire, thus exists through the phenomenon of fire.
Fire extinguisher exists through the phenomena of fire.
Fire extinguisher negates fire.

Knowledge exists through the phenomena of trying belief.
Knowledge negates belief.
You definition of knowledge requires a continual definition if you are to know what it is, thus it is subject to beleif.
I have a definition of knowledge? It requires a continual definition?

Broad spectrum response due to not understanding you: knowledge must acknowledge any/all uncertainty of any/all belief (hence: knowledge) including allowing for the possibility that the belief is false. It doesn't require a continual anything except trying belief: if no more belief, no more need to try belief, belief-based ignorance is gone. Is one to be blamed for trying for world peace? Not even as a noble effort: I bore easily, and wanted a problem that would consume me until I solved it.

Unfortunately knowing the problem, while necessary for any real solution, is not an actual solution-in-and-of-itself. The problem here is: it takes a believer to believe a problem-in-and-of-itself is a solution-in-and-of-itself, hence the ongoing genocide machines of, say, Christianity and Islam perpetually/religiously killing "unbelievers" for the past few thousand years. Now Islam is a global humanitarian crisis and secular philosophy is just as dead as belief-based ignorant theology with:
All knowing is belief (?)
being ABSOLUTELY ABSURD (!!!).

Try:

i. All belief is ignorance, but not all ignorance is belief.
ii. All knowing is (by way of) indefinitely trying belief

Philosophy is making the same ignorant conflation belief-based ideologies are: ignorance is knowledge.
It takes a believer to believe ignorance is knowledge.

By the way, it occurred to me earlier today: belief has a fixed property in its own nature that makes it distinct from knowledge.
In a worst case scenario involving any belief, it is possible to believe the exact opposite of what is true. Therefor, ignorance
can be measured by how frequently belief-based assertion(s) are tried/tested and falsified with a finding that the opposite is true.

Try the claims of Islam, for example:
i. is the opposite true?
ii. is the accuser the accused?
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2337
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:42 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm
Age wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am ALL propositions have binary meanings, is not at all true.
This proposition is true; Most statements do NOT have binary meanings.

It is also true because if the proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' is being proposed as being true, then that proposition itself would have to have a binary meaning also, which would mean that its binary meaning could be that it is not at all true, as well. Obviously, if the proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' was at all true, then it has a 'binary meaning' also. If there is just one proposition, which has just one meaning, then the proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' is not at all true. Could this proposition, which I have just made, be just that one proposition, with only one meaning, which was needed?
:) :) :)

The proposition that 'ALL propositions have binary meanings' is just one of those silly statements like 'EVERY thing is assumed', and, 'the truth can not be known', statements are. ANY proposition that proposes some thing to be true, or proposes that things can not be known, but at the same time is saying that there is no truth, or that things can not be known, are just nonsensical propositions.
Makes you wonder why we bother??
LOL
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6257
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

nothing wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:51 pm
Because non-entity is a statement of absence, in nothing there is not even an absence as absence necessitates a statement of relation.

All knowledge is grounded in underlying assumptions.
This is not necessarily true.

Certainly true if: a being is themselves grounded in the assumption they themselves exist *not* less: their own assumption that they do. In such a case: ignorance. (!)

Assumptions as you are assuming a definition of ignorance.
The fires extinguisher exists because of fire, thus exists through the phenomenon of fire.
Fire extinguisher exists through the phenomena of fire.
Fire extinguisher negates fire.

And does not exist except through the negation of fire.

Knowledge exists through the phenomena of trying belief.
Knowledge negates belief.

Knowledge is grounded in belief.
You definition of knowledge requires a continual definition if you are to know what it is, thus it is subject to beleif.
I have a definition of knowledge? It requires a continual definition?

Yes, other wise you are left with an undefined assumption.

Broad spectrum response due to not understanding you: knowledge must acknowledge any/all uncertainty of any/all belief (hence: knowledge) including allowing for the possibility that the belief is false. It doesn't require a continual anything except trying belief: if no more belief, no more need to try belief, belief-based ignorance is gone. Is one to be blamed for trying for world peace? Not even as a noble effort: I bore easily, and wanted a problem that would consume me until I solved it.

If you do not understand than any response is an assumption of what my response is or is not./color]

Unfortunately knowing the problem, while necessary for any real solution, is not an actual solution-in-and-of-itself. The problem here is: it takes a believer to believe a problem-in-and-of-itself is a solution-in-and-of-itself, hence the ongoing genocide machines of, say, Christianity and Islam perpetually/religiously killing "unbelievers" for the past few thousand years. Now Islam is a global humanitarian crisis and secular philosophy is just as dead as belief-based ignorant theology with:

All knowing is belief (?)


being ABSOLUTELY ABSURD (!!!).

Try:

i. All belief is ignorance, but not all ignorance is belief.
ii. All knowing is (by way of) indefinitely trying belief

Providing tautologies just backs up by point :).

Philosophy is making the same ignorant conflation belief-based ideologies are: ignorance is knowledge.
It takes a believer to believe ignorance is knowledge.

Assumption is intrinsically empty, it is neither ignorance nor knowledge.

By the way, it occurred to me earlier today: belief has a fixed property in its own nature that makes it distinct from knowledge.

If it has a distinct defined property than it is knowledge.


In a worst case scenario involving any belief, it is possible to believe the exact opposite of what is true. Therefor, ignorance
can be measured by how frequently belief-based assertion(s) are tried/tested and falsified with a finding that the opposite is true.

It is also possible to know a "fact" that is negated by another fact.

Try the claims of Islam, for example:
i. is the opposite true?
ii. is the accuser the accused?

The opposite, as an antithesis, is a gradation of the thesis thus exists as a negative limit...thus in this context it is true.

The accuser, in accusing someone else, makes a projection of the self thus accuses himself.




Any more tautologies you wish to create? :)
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6257
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm
Age wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am ALL propositions have binary meanings, is not at all true.
1.This proposition is true; 2.Most statements do NOT have binary meanings.
"This proposition is true" can reference proposition 1.

"Most statements do NOT have binary meanings" if most statements are potential and do not exist. Thus this statement is still subject to a context. If the sentence is a singular context it may have a binary meaning as "binary meanings do not have most statements" (as binary meaning does not have a nature of being limited to most statements...it may be experiential phenomenon etc considering "binary meaning" is a context in itself).
Skepdick
Posts: 5222
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Skepdick »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm All propositions have binary meanings.
This depends on whether you see truth and meaning as independent concepts.

If truth and meaning are different things, then what does it mean for something to be true?
If truth and meaning are the same thing then why use two different words?

The number of values (truth? meanings?) a proposition can take is a function of the logic-system (context) you are interpreting it in.

In a two-valued logic a proposition can be true or false.
In a three valued logic a proposition can be true, false or undecidable.
In a many-valued logic a proposition can be true, mostly true, somewhat true, minimally true, minimally false, somewhat false, mostly false and false.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4442
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by attofishpi »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:15 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm All propositions have binary meanings.
This depends on whether you see truth and meaning as independent concepts.

If truth and meaning are different things, then what does it mean for something to be true?
If truth and meaning are the same thing then why use two different words?

The number of values (truth? meanings?) a proposition can take is a function of the logic-system (context) you are interpreting it in.

In a two-valued logic a proposition can be true or false.
In a three valued logic a proposition can be true, false or undecidable.
In a many-valued logic a proposition can be true, mostly true, somewhat true, minimally true, minimally false, somewhat false, mostly false and false.
..you forgot extremely true.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2337
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm
Age wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am ALL propositions have binary meanings, is not at all true.
1.This proposition is true; 2.Most statements do NOT have binary meanings.
"This proposition is true" can reference proposition 1.
I.E.
This could mean: This proposition is true" cannot reference proposition 1.
OR even
This could mean: This proposition is false" can reference proposition 1.

Thus this statement is still subject to a context.
This statement is still NOT subject to a context
If the sentence is a singular context it may have a binary meaning as "binary meanings do not have most statements" (as binary meaning does not have a nature of being limited to most statements...it may be experiential phenomenon etc considering "binary meaning" is a context in itself).
ROLF
Gibberish.
Keep taking the anti-psychotics.
i.e. This could mean: Do NOT keep taking the antipsychotics.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6257
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:15 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm All propositions have binary meanings.
This depends on whether you see truth and meaning as independent concepts.

Not necessarily, if I am observing binary meanings as multiple meanings through one sentence.

If truth and meaning are different things, then what does it mean for something to be true?
If truth and meaning are the same thing then why use two different words?

Strawman question the OP is about multiple meanings through one proposition, thus the meanings are connected through one proposition.



The number of values (truth? meanings?) a proposition can take is a function of the logic-system (context) you are interpreting it in.

In a two-valued logic a proposition can be true or false.
In a three valued logic a proposition can be true, false or undecidable.
In a many-valued logic a proposition can be true, mostly true, somewhat true, minimally true, minimally false, somewhat false, mostly false and false.

Meaning is not subject to truth value if all meanings as simultaneously true and false. This OP is not about truth value but superpositioned contexts. All contexts are simultaneously true and false thus truth value is irrelevant.
Skepdick
Posts: 5222
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Skepdick »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm Not necessarily, if I am observing binary meanings as multiple meanings through one sentence.
So now you are saying that "binary meaning" is "multiple meanings". You are saying that "multiple" means 2. Because binary means 2.


Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm Strawman question the OP is about multiple meanings through one proposition, thus the meanings are connected through one proposition.
The OP is not about multiple meanings. The OP is about Binary meanings.

Binary means 2.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm Meaning is not subject to truth value if all meanings as simultaneously true and false.
Then you don't need the concepts of true and false. Meaning is.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm This OP is not about truth value but superpositioned contexts. All contexts are simultaneously true and false thus truth value is irrelevant.
But in practice there is only one context. The context of ALL THAT EXISTS. Colloquially known as The Universe.

The Universe is.
Meaning is.

Join the dots.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6257
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:06 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm
1.This proposition is true; 2.Most statements do NOT have binary meanings.
"This proposition is true" can reference proposition 1.
I.E.
This could mean: This proposition is true" cannot reference proposition 1.
OR even
This could mean: This proposition is false" can reference proposition 1.

Or it can and cannot reference proposition 1 as both propositions exist simultaneously relative to contexts.

Example:

(A <--> B) --> A
(A <--> C) --> -A

(A <--> (B&C)) --> (A&-A)




Thus this statement is still subject to a context.
This statement is still NOT subject to a context

The above statement is a context as it is a circular proposition (A-->A)

"This statement is still NOT subject to a context" because "This statement is still NOT subject to a context".

If you go to define the proposition you are left with it expanding to another context: (A-->A)-->B


If the sentence is a singular context it may have a binary meaning as "binary meanings do not have most statements" (as binary meaning does not have a nature of being limited to most statements...it may be experiential phenomenon etc considering "binary meaning" is a context in itself).
ROLF
Gibberish.
Keep taking the anti-psychotics.
i.e. This could mean: Do NOT keep taking the antipsychotics.

ROFL....flat earth logic.

Both propositions must expand to further contexts if they are to be defined.

"Keep taking" = A
"Do not keep taking" =-A

A-->B
-A--> C

However in expanding to further contexts they will eventually progress to a hinge context.

A-->B-->D-->F
-A-->C-->E-->F

Take meds. Meds are for sick. Specific meds are made for certain sickness. Everyone gets sick.

Do not take meds. No meds are for non sick. They do not make meds for no sickness. Everyone gets sick.

So F= "everyone gets sick" eventually leads to A and -A where everyone gets sick, everyone takes meds but not when they are sick, certain meds are for the sick but not for the non sick. So everyone takes meds and does not take meds.

You fail to keep in mind that seperate contexts, are always connected through a further context.



Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6257
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:22 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm Not necessarily, if I am observing binary meanings as multiple meanings through one sentence.
So now you are saying that "binary meaning" is "multiple meanings". You are saying that "multiple" means 2. Because binary means 2.

So two is not "multiple?" The OP says, in the argument, "binary at minimum".


Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm Strawman question the OP is about multiple meanings through one proposition, thus the meanings are connected through one proposition.
The OP is not about multiple meanings. The OP is about Binary meanings.

Binary means 2.

And multiple, 2 is the grounding of multiplicity. Every set of multiple phenomenon always contains 2 minimum.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm Meaning is not subject to truth value if all meanings as simultaneously true and false.
Then you don't need the concepts of true and false. Meaning is.

That is a tautology: (M-->I).

One assumption is directed to many assumptions. Truth is unity, false is a gradation of truth as multiplicity yet this falsity is still truth as it is a gradation of truth.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm This OP is not about truth value but superpositioned contexts. All contexts are simultaneously true and false thus truth value is irrelevant.
But in practice there is only one context. The context of ALL THAT EXISTS. Colloquially known as The Universe.

That is monism and monism is a dualism between reality and opinion as parmenides observed...yet he falsely ignored this dualism as he would have to admit that the opinion is still part of the one. There is 1 dualism then and we are left with a triadic understanding of everything.

Monism and Dualism are both Contradictions. The structure of monism and dualism, as stemming through all of reality, thus stems through propositions by default.

There are one and many context(s).



The Universe is.
Meaning is.

Join the dots.



(U) --> (I)
(M) --> (I)

(••) --> (•)


I wouldn't have to join them unless they where first seperated :).
Post Reply