How logical should language be?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8127
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:47 am

OMG

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Science Fan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm

PE: Do you really think someone like Veggie could handle a language based on logic? I don't. I think one of the major reasons language is illogical is precisely because language is around to coddle the irrational people like Veggie here.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Science Fan wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm
PE: Do you really think someone like Veggie could handle a language based on logic? I don't. I think one of the major reasons language is illogical is precisely because language is around to coddle the irrational people like Veggie here.
I agree, based on what she's been posting.

PhilX 🇺🇸

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Science Fan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:38 pm

PE: I really don't get her irrational hatred. There is not an American here who has ever claimed America does not have problems. I also don't know any Americans, in real life, who want any one in Europe, New Zealand, or any other country harmed, except for a contingent of anti-Semitic Americans who want to see Israel wiped off the map. That's it. I'm not aware of Americans seeking bad-will with any other country.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Science Fan wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:38 pm
PE: I really don't get her irrational hatred. There is not an American here who has ever claimed America does not have problems. I also don't know any Americans, in real life, who want any one in Europe, New Zealand, or any other country harmed, except for a contingent of anti-Semitic Americans who want to see Israel wiped off the map. That's it. I'm not aware of Americans seeking bad-will with any other country.
America is as fluid as science, and they both keep getting better.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by attofishpi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Science Fan wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm
PE: Do you really think someone like Veggie could handle a language based on logic? I don't. I think one of the major reasons language is illogical is precisely because language is around to coddle the irrational people like Veggie here.
Really? You think language is illogical then attempt to suggest VT is irrational?
...are you really that far up phils backside?

So we have phil - the explorer of philosophy (as intelligent as an amoeba on some distant yet to be found planet), and Science Fan, someone that obviously just slings his own faeces at a fan and is still trying to understand why he/she can't focus on very intelligent and rational thread killing arguments put forward by the far more intelligent posters - VT included.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm
Science Fan wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm
PE: Do you really think someone like Veggie could handle a language based on logic? I don't. I think one of the major reasons language is illogical is precisely because language is around to coddle the irrational people like Veggie here.
You think language is irrational then attempt to suggest VT is irrational!!!
...are you really that far up phils backside?
So we have phil - the explorer of philosophy (as dumb as an amoeba on some distant yet to be found planet), and Science Fan, someone that obviously just slings his own faeces at a fan and is still trying to understand why he/she can't focus on very intelligent and rational thread killing arguments put forward by the far more intelligent posters - VT included.
I see you're back to your name calling which is unprovoked and therefore shows how dumb you are. It seems you're a VT fan. Basically you both smell to high heaven (are you her bed pal?)

PhilX 🇺🇸

BTW since the planet is undiscovered, then how do you know it has an amoeba to compare with? Shows how bright you aren't.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by attofishpi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm
Science Fan wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm
PE: Do you really think someone like Veggie could handle a language based on logic? I don't. I think one of the major reasons language is illogical is precisely because language is around to coddle the irrational people like Veggie here.
You think language is irrational then attempt to suggest VT is irrational!!!
...are you really that far up phils backside?
So we have phil - the explorer of philosophy (as dumb as an amoeba on some distant yet to be found planet), and Science Fan, someone that obviously just slings his own faeces at a fan and is still trying to understand why he/she can't focus on very intelligent and rational thread killing arguments put forward by the far more intelligent posters - VT included.
I see you're back to your name calling which is unprovoked and therefore shows how dumb you are. It seems you're a VT fan. Basically you both smell to high heaven (are you her bed pal?)

PhilX 🇺🇸
Give me some credit phil - if you look closely you'll notice I changed the 'dumb' to you being as 'intelligent as an amoeba'.

Don't worry, you are doing the land of $TAR$ & $TRIPE$ real proud boy!

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:07 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:04 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm


You think language is irrational then attempt to suggest VT is irrational!!!
...are you really that far up phils backside?
So we have phil - the explorer of philosophy (as dumb as an amoeba on some distant yet to be found planet), and Science Fan, someone that obviously just slings his own faeces at a fan and is still trying to understand why he/she can't focus on very intelligent and rational thread killing arguments put forward by the far more intelligent posters - VT included.
I see you're back to your name calling which is unprovoked and therefore shows how dumb you are. It seems you're a VT fan. Basically you both smell to high heaven (are you her bed pal?)

PhilX 🇺🇸
Give me some credit phil - if you look closely you'll notice I changed the 'dumb' to you being as 'intelligent as an amoeba'.

Don't worry, you are doing the land of $TAR$ & $TRIPE$ real proud boy!
So you hate the US too. What did the US do to you?

Hooray for the red, white and blue.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by attofishpi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:07 pm
So you hate the US too. What did the US do to you?
I don't hate the US, just wish its people would wake up to what the government gets up to. For example:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Science Fan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Atto: There you go again with your childish insults. So, fuck you. Fuck your mother and anything else related to you. After all, if you are going to come around like a little punk and call me names, I may as well respond in kind, right? Since the mods on here have no problem with VT engaging in constant personal attacks, as well as you, then I may as well take advantage and respond in kind, right? Since you think VT is not insane despite her many completely off-the-wall comments where she twists any topic into some demented American bashing, it's not likely that you can respond to rational arguments anyway.

And if you are a Brit, then perhaps you can address your own problems, like with your Jew-hating Labour Party? The Labour Party may as well start calling themselves the Nazi party. Or, how about your racist appeals that supported Brexit? Seems you have problems with bigotry on both the left and the right in your country that is far worse than anything in the USA. The Dems try awfully hard to hide their anti-Semitism, unlike the British Labour Party that flaunts it for votes.

Not to mention, when are you going to stop having a state church, whose leading officials land spots in your legislature without having to win an actual election? Rather primitive of you Brits, isn't it?

So, if you want to act as if only the USA has problems, while ignoring your own country's bullshit, then think again. VT and you have plenty of dysfunctional crap in both of your countries, including institutionalized racism.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8127
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Has anyone else notice how SF never insults anyone, especially when they disgree with him?

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:29 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:23 pm
Has anyone else notice how SF never insults anyone, especially when they disgree with him?
You're the other side of the coin as you insult everybody who disagrees with you.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8127
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:34 pm

The odd insult might be incidental, but it's never the actual argument--unlike you and your buddy SF. When he has no argument he simply gets nasty and personal because he's a nasty and immature narcissist.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Science Fan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:12 pm

VT: You use insults as your primary argument. That's a verified fact. Any one can see it. You most definitely do not just on occasion insult someone. Go check out your first comments on that abortion thread? What insulting names did you call the person who wrote the OP? That was your argument --- to insult, which in philosophy, is considered a logical foul. You can't even own up to your own insulting ways. How pathetic.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest