How logical should language be?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Science Fan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:48 pm

PE: It's Veggie's mission in life to steer any post into a PC-obsessed discussion on either America is bad, or identity politics, or personally insulting anyone who does not share her extreme leftist political and economic opinions. That's what PC folks do on social media. They basically ruin all rational discussion.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8120
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:49 pm

The old 'say something often enough and people will believe it' fallacy. It's just unfortunate for you that posters on this forum have a higher average intelligence and bullshit-radar than you are accustomed to. No wonder you have to cultivate and groom someone like PE, the standout dummy and general obnoxious imbecile.

Image

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:00 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:49 pm
The old 'say something often enough and people will believe it' fallacy. It's just unfortunate for you that posters on this forum have a higher average intelligence and bullshit-radar than you are accustomed to. No wonder you have to cultivate and groom someone like PE, the standout dummy and general obnoxious imbecile.

Image
"...obnoxious imbecile" What a fitting description for you.

So when will you fix your computer?

PhilX 🇺🇸

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:07 am

Science Fan wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:48 pm
PE: It's Veggie's mission in life to steer any post into a PC-obsessed discussion on either America is bad, or identity politics, or personally insulting anyone who does not share her extreme leftist political and economic opinions. That's what PC folks do on social media. They basically ruin all rational discussion.
Sometimes I wonder what it is that set her off against Americans in the first place. It seems to be impossible to have a rational discussion with her. I suppose you're right about her and social media and PC as you're making sense there.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8120
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:15 am

Perhaps it was when I was six and my father showed me photos of the My Lai massacre. Perhaps it was when I developed a love of the English language. Perhaps it was when you defecated all over Winnie the Pooh. Oh face it. Americans are just nasty, conceited, vulgar, arrogant, toss-buckets. You and your new bed-pal don't exactly dispel the image that presents itself to the rest of the planet.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:31 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:15 am
Perhaps it was when I was six and my father showed me photos of the My Lai massacre. Perhaps it was when I developed a love of the English language. Perhaps it was when you defecated all over Winnie the Pooh. Oh face it. Americans are just nasty, conceited, vulgar, arrogant, toss-buckets. You and your new bed-pal don't exactly dispel the image that presents itself to the rest of the planet.
I wonder why your father showed you pictures of the My Lai massacre (when you were six)? How did you know that it was an American that defecated all over Winnie the Pooh? And to keep this thread straight, SF isn't my bed pal (I wonder who yours is?) And developing a love of the English language doesn't explain a dislike of Americans.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8120
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:00 am

Why does anyone dislike anyone else? People dislike other people all the time. They don't have to explain themselves, or even have a reason. I detest the warmongering. The 'troop' worship. The bullying. The Nationalistic conceit. The selfishness. The greed. The vulgarity. The enormous cars. The nasal voices. The in-your-face creeping cancer of American 'culture' (snowballing with the advent of the internet)......
It was the internet that 'educated' me on how evil, vile and vicious 'ordinary' Americans can be. I have never encountered that kind of excrement before, anywhere in my mid-to-longish life. Any country that can produce 'humans' like that, who function as 'average citizens', has to have something deeply wrong and sick about it.

Image

Image
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:11 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:00 am
Why does anyone dislike anyone else? People dislike other people all the time. They don't have to explain themselves, or even have a reason. I detest the warmonering. The 'troop' worship. The bullying. The Nationalistic conceit. The selfishness. The greed. The vulgarity. The enormous cars. The nasal voices. The in-your-face creeping cancer of American 'culture' (snowballing with the advent of the internet)......
It was the internet that 'educated' me on how evil, vile and vicious 'ordinary' Americans can be. I have never encountered that kind of excrement before anywhere in my mid-to-longish life. Any country that can produce 'humans' like that, who function as 'average citizens', has to have something deeply wrong and sick about it.
And how about you? You disgust many people on this forum. You have a choice, but choose the wrong path. The faults you find about Americans can be applied to any group or country, but you choose the Americans by far. And some things you say are irrational (e.g. "enormous cars"). There's no question you're prejudiced and bigoted towards Americans.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8120
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 am

Who are you speaking for? Your only argument is ever 'you are 'prejudiced'. You never explain how, or about what. So 80 per cent don't believe in angels? Americans don't love their military? American 'culture' isn't taking over the planet? American corporations aren't gobbling up every business they can get their hands on? American arms manufacturers aren't quietly driving your invasions? America hasn't fucked up the ME and caused a refugee crisis?

https://firstquarterfinance.com/why-do- ... illy-cars/

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 am
Who are you speaking for? Your only argument is ever 'you are 'prejudiced'. You never explain how, or about what. So 80 per cent don't believe in angels? Americans don't love their military? American 'culture' isn't taking over the planet? American corporations aren't gobbling up every business they can get their hands on? American arms manufacturers aren't quietly driving your invasions? America hasn't fucked up the ME and caused a refugee crisis?

https://firstquarterfinance.com/why-do- ... illy-cars/
Once again displaying your prejudice and bigotry towards Americans. Now how about going back to the OP? Or is that impossible for you?

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8120
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:55 am

You really should learn the meaning of 'prejudice'. There is nothing 'preconceived' about my opinion.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:35 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:55 am
You really should learn the meaning of 'prejudice'. There is nothing 'preconceived' about my opinion.
This is the online definition:

"preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience."
'English prejudice against foreigners'

Fits you to a tee.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8120
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:50 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:35 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:55 am
You really should learn the meaning of 'prejudice'. There is nothing 'preconceived' about my opinion.
This is the online definition:

"preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience."
'English prejudice against foreigners'

Fits you to a tee.

PhilX 🇺🇸
:lol: You can occasionally be quite funny--by accident.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5634
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:59 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:50 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:35 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:55 am
You really should learn the meaning of 'prejudice'. There is nothing 'preconceived' about my opinion.
This is the online definition:

"preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience."
'English prejudice against foreigners'

Fits you to a tee.

PhilX 🇺🇸
:lol: You can occasionally be quite funny--by accident.
Shows how you want to be viewed.

Now I bet you're going to still try to avoid the OP. I won't.

PhilX 🇺🇸

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by Science Fan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Veggie and more of her PC bullshit. Let's debunk her PC bullshit, yet again.

Veggies PC bullshit claim that the USA screwed up the Middle East: 1. Veggie, as all PC clowns on social media, ignore the historical facts about the Middle East, which show that countries like Britain and France created instability in the region by establishing artificial states that were based on tribal frictions. As long-standing colonial powers, both Britain and France knew how to do this, and because they established these nations artificially, this is largely why there is now so much instability in the ME today. The USA had nothing to do with this. 2. Veggie also ignores the contributions from the Ottoman Empire and Islam, which has left a violent, fascist political tradition in the ME and is largely responsible for the chaos. 3. Veggie never condemns the country that is most responsible for butchering Muslims and causing a refugee crisis --- Syria itself. Veggie also ignores the support Iran and Russia give to Syria in butchering Muslims and contributing to the refugee problem. That's because in Veggie's made-up social media echo chamber forums, the truth does not matter, all that matters is one should blame America for the problems, and ignore the factual evidence that tells a different story.

As far as US companies taking over? That's more leftist PC bullshit. Veggie and her PC comrades can never grasp the most basic of economic facts --- US corporations provide goods and services that people want, and voluntarily chose to buy, or else, they go out of business. Veggie's PC version of reality is that corporations somehow force their customers to buy from them, against their will, and that an enlightened socialist government that would take over the means of production would magically be benevolent and not force people to buy from them, despite all competition now having been eliminated. Yep, such utopian nonsense from Veggie's PC brigade is hard to swallow, even if one is only nine.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest