How logical should language be?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: How logical should language be?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Why don't we just go back to Genghis Kahn while we are about it? Or Alexander the Great? Most human societies have matured and evolved a bit since then. The US has been continually shit-stirring since the 1950s, and it hasn't let up. In fact it's getting worse and worse. I'm not going to 'debate' the entire history of human civilisation with some Nationalistic moron. Your cancerous country is suffocating the planet with its presence. That's not going to end any time soon--although karma has a way of being a bitch sometimes.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Let's go back to the OP.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie's absurd PC claims: Now, she claims that since the 1950s the USA is to blame for the world's problems. Rather odd that she chose that date. Perhaps even Veggie will admit that the USA did a good thing in defeating Germany and Japan during WWII, but, who knows, maybe that is precisely why she hates the USA. But, certainly, the USSR abused how many millions of people since the 1950s until it crumbled? Veggie ignores that issue because left-leaning PC people like her adore the USSR. It's for this very reason she never says anything bad about Russia, even when it daily murders Muslims in the Middle East and has a huge role in causing refugees from the Middle East. Or, how about China? Even these days, China is so aggressive militarily that India and Japan are forming an alliance to protect themselves against China. But, apparently, China's aggression is all the fault of the USA.

Basically, Veggie puts blinders on, ignores a huge amount of facts, in order to promote her PC obsession with the USA. Those of us, on the other hand, who are interested in the actual truth, see plenty of villains on the world stage. Many of which the USA fought against.
vegetariantaxidermy

The only reason he refuses to use th quote function is because his lies an dishonesty aren't so readily accessible. Should we discuss how many military bases the US has littering the planet?
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie: Then how come, if I am lying, there are so many others who see the exact same thing about you that I am seeing?

By the way, reposting your comments, like your last one, which has so many grammatical and spelling errors, is just something I prefer not to do. I refuse to promote illiteracy.
vegetariantaxidermy

Neither actually. I think anyone with even a smidgen of intelligence can see I probably need a new keyboard. :cry:
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie: Even a broken-down keyboard does not account for your PC bullshit claims. How many Muslims has the Syrian regime, along with Iran and Russia, murdered during the past 4 weeks? And yet, you only blame the USA for the problems in the Middle East? Is your keyboard preventing you from looking at the truth of what is going on? Is it really?
vegetariantaxidermy

People are killing each other all over the planet. Why don't you just go and bomb them all and blow up their countries? At least they will die happy, knowing that they were killed by the 'goodies'.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:09 pm Neither actually. I think anyone with even a smidgen of intelligence can see I probably need a new keyboard. :cry:
A broken keyboard wouldn't type up weigh instead of way.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Damn, PE, how un-PC can you be? You can't just blame someone personally for their poor-writing skills. Didn't you know that PC requires you to blame Veggie's poor writing on her keyboard, which is most likely the result of her living in poverty as a result of US capitalism?
Philosophy Explorer

Science Fan wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:20 pm Damn, PE, how un-PC can you be? You can't just blame someone personally for their poor-writing skills. Didn't you know that PC requires you to blame Veggie's poor writing on her keyboard, which is most likely the result of her living in poverty as a result of US capitalism?
I don't blame it on her keyboard, I blame it on her computer based on the evidence. Still the overall responsibility lies with her and it may mean an eventual computer breakdown where she won't be able to post anymore.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:13 pm
Science Fan wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:20 pm Damn, PE, how un-PC can you be? You can't just blame someone personally for their poor-writing skills. Didn't you know that PC requires you to blame Veggie's poor writing on her keyboard, which is most likely the result of her living in poverty as a result of US capitalism?
I don't blame it on her keyboard, I blame it on her computer based on the evidence. Still the overall responsibility lies with her and it may mean an eventual computer breakdown where she won't be able to post anymore.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Do you think it's the computer? I've wondered about that. I know you won't believe me, but it really does do things like put 'weigh' instead of 'way'. It's always with words that sound the same or very similar. Very strange. I thought it was something to do with the brain sending the signal as a 'sound', with the spelling being slightly behind the typing. I'm no neuroscientist, but it's the only explanation I've come up with. That's why it interests me that you think it's a computer thing. I've noticed that you are a number nerd, and that often goes with being a computer geek.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:21 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
Do you think it's the computer? I've wondered about that. I know you won't believe me, but it really does do things like put 'weigh' instead of 'way'. It's always with words that sound the same or very similar. Very strange. I thought it was something to do with the brain sending the signal as a 'sound', with the spelling being slightly behind the typing. I'm no neuroscientist, but it's the only explanation I've come up with. That's why it interests me that you think it's a computer thing. I've noticed that you are a number nerd, and that often goes with being a computer geek.
Words that sound alike are homophones. I believed you talk to your computer which has a program that types up what you say. Since some words are homophones, then it may type up the wrong word.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:25 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:21 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
Words that sound alike are homophones. I believed you talk to your computer which has a program that types up what you say. Since some words are homophones, then it may type up the wrong word.

PhilX 🇺🇸
My computer isn't that high-tech :lol:
Philosophy Explorer

I like the following article: https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_English
as it goes into more differences between British and American (and explicitly points out where British words have been simplified into American). It's also interesting that with s and z words (e.g. realise and realize), they're apparently pronounced the same, but still spelled differently in the two countries. Furthermore, like the US, the UK has many dialects.

PhilX 🇺🇸