What does silence mean?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: What does silence mean?

Post by Walker »

gaffo

Post by gaffo »

YES - cuncur with your appreciation of slience - your link was a little "to jazz" for me (no partern - but has silence which i do like).

I prefer both silence and pattern myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWxxpj ... s&index=12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO7dnxKcEzw

I get where you are comming from and concur Sir!

thanks for reply - i like you in spite of your trumpism (we all male mistakes - hopefully one day we may be on the same page per Trump) - outside of Trump you and i have much in common.

I value your mind and appreciation of things i too appreciate.

peace Sir.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:41 pm Do your know Arvo?
per you inquery, no i do not know of him/his works.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

gaffo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:25 am silence is golden.

a period for self reflection and thus wisdom.

and sadly the enemy of modern culture, where empty noise rules.

noise for its own sake ;-/.
Well said. I want to add with this a thought when out in nature, or with someone in a moment of silence and without the pressure of speaking just to break silence, for all those moments in comfort when there is only thoughts and silence:

"there is eloquence, even in silence".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Silence is the answer to all questions.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Silence has no meaning. It is merely the absence of sound. It carries with it no message. It has nothing that can be deciphered or understood. Silence is to speech as words are to writing. Without words, this post is pointless.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

silence allows for self reflection, and eventually may lead to self (more self - its a life longer activity that even the most self wise die before complete) knowledge.

noise disallows either of the above.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

simple life of aeseticism fits into this too. one that strives for money/items are in a way strirving for more noise.

monks went to the desert and took vouws of silence for this reason - remove noise of this life to allow for reflection/self reflection.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

All I recall is maintaing radio silence for 1 or so hours. After that, seeing grass, two jeeps, a barrel of diesel oil, must've been diesel, waves, a coupla soliders with their helmets on ... weird ... my shirt pocket was torn ... there was a hole in the floor ... I had a beard and a tattoo of ... that's all she wrote.

The preceding paragraph is a specimen of what when and how bouncing off of each other in the mind of a simpleton (me).

It's all part of the deal, we made, oui? I'm gonna watch a movie, read a book, reverie away, call Uber and roadtrip to Timbuktu. What happens when you put Plato's Republic, a razor and a tomato in the blender? Do you get a clean-shaven, blushing, President? :mrgreen:

P. S. I don't have the moolah to do all that. :mrgreen: I'll just havta dream it all up ... one day ... one fine day ... one really, really, fine day.

Read this (1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1010) in yer mind 6 times and you'd have consecrated 1 minute of your time to those of whom you might/must ask ubi sunt? Congratulations! You've just been upgraded mon ami!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Silence is the blank canvas of thought and language.