Plagiarism or web freedoms?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

lesley_vos

Plagiarism or web freedoms?

Post by lesley_vos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 am

The Internet is a dust hole, free for all. We go there to read the news, learn, teach, or just relax. We share opinions there, but every now and then we are called plagiarists if saying or writing something that had been said or written before. And I didn't mean the world of academic papers or intellectual property rights violation where dozens of tools to eliminate plagiarism have been already developed. I mean all those dudes yelling something like "Hey, I said it a year ago. here's the link, you idiot! Nothing new here, you plagiarist." :?

Does it mean we should search a web for duplications every time we want to say anything online, in order not to be accused of plagiarism? Or, there's such a concept as web freedoms allowing to write whatever you want and not care about accusations? :|

Eodnhoj7

Re: Plagiarism or web freedoms?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:34 pm

lesley_vos wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 am
The Internet is a dust hole, free for all. We go there to read the news, learn, teach, or just relax. We share opinions there, but every now and then we are called plagiarists if saying or writing something that had been said or written before. And I didn't mean the world of academic papers or intellectual property rights violation where dozens of tools to eliminate plagiarism have been already developed. I mean all those dudes yelling something like "Hey, I said it a year ago. here's the link, you idiot! Nothing new here, you plagiarist." :?

Does it mean we should search a web for duplications every time we want to say anything online, in order not to be accused of plagiarism? Or, there's such a concept as web freedoms allowing to write whatever you want and not care about accusations? :|
The internet, relative to writing, is composed of "accusations". Axioms seem to mirror themselves continually in different grades across the internet so the question of "originality" often times equates to "self-discovery".

lesley_vos

Re: Plagiarism or web freedoms?

Post by lesley_vos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:47 pm

the question of "originality" often times equates to "self-discovery".
interesting observation, thank you!