Apologies

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Apologies

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:01 am

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Walker wrote: Observe the aggressive/dominant stance of a boring ankle nipper.
Yet you respond, character armor?

Let Hobbes smell your analyzer.
Keep your nose out of my ass, I'm heterosexual.

Tell us about your "object of truth" which stands alone in the universe.
And you can play with your object all you want, it's yours, but please keep it to yourself.
Good to see you’re lightening up. Hobbes, take a lesson. Lighter spheres are easier to balance, don’t you know.

Persevering to speak to the best within you, then I must wonder. Has he (pick one) discovered the balance of total freedom and total responsibility as one finds in the vast Western U.S. of A. of empty skies and empty land of total silence that turns purple and gold at sunset, with fragrances that shall go unnamed? I’d say the odds would be 50-50 if not for evident provincialism that reduces the odds significantly against, knowing what I know of the effects of anachronistic caste system sensibility as opposed to an egalitarian indoctrination, which in fact is a theme of the scene. Freedom of mind, freedom of imagination, and attunement to truth with only life as the measure, and guide. It's like turiya, or wu-wei. You never really leave after the real discovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgiQPdPUNvs

What truth do you see in the scene?

Avoiding the question?

Christianity is evil. The USA is evil.
Now prove that I am objectively wrong.


You pussying out?

User avatar
NielsBohr
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:04 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Apologies

Post by NielsBohr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:15 am

Terrapin Station wrote: Wait, some people felt that all apologies were the same in terms of the motivations, sincerity, etc. of the person presenting the apology???
NielsBohr wrote:Huh? Who are "some people" for you, and where did you read the remaining ?
I had just quoted Greta saying "Some felt that apologies were insincere and futile . . . "
Well, in fact am I near to think the same, (even if I do not know where you read that).
Ah! I think to understand: The consideration about wondering about sincerity were not from the one who beg pardon - since he is doing it - but from the one who has to deliver such a pardon...
That seems obvious, but in fact, it is not... for the same reason: The one who beg for pardon does not take his request under questioning, so it does not represent the "standard feeling" nor the "referential" - it is only the one who may deliver the pardon who were making such questioning... precisely in the purpose to give - or not - pardon.
Terrapin Station wrote:
NielsBohr wrote:Indeed, this seems to be obvious.
Why would you think that everyone has the same thing in mind, the same disposition, etc. when they apologize? Clearly different situations, different people are different.
Hum... This seems pertinent. But in a thought experiment, we almost cannot consider such different people. Having already the two situations of the one who beg for pardon, and the one for the other who deliver the pardon, if you add different parameters as "disposition", you get two differences (two parameters), so that a variation cannot anymore be attributed to one rather than the other parameter.

So even if your argument is realistic, it is a bad idea; philosophy is about simplification (idealization), as an abstraction is not for pleasure, but at the contrary because the reality in such is too complex.

But I even wonder about "same disposition" in an abstract experiment. I am not sure it is the point. Being what it is, same "disposition" does not mean at all "same behaviour" nor "same action" for different situations... except if the second situation is the second in time without any other difference, in which case it were the perfect mirror of the first, letting expecting the same result...

But even in this case, the consideration is not worthless, because even if we know that they will act the same in the future, that does not tell us anything about the first action. That written, if the "dispositions" were absolutely the same (in fact, let's say: the same mind), then we should wait for the pardon effective release since the first requested it.

So... not sure about disposition being the same or not. Maybe you went to deep in the question. In my case, by example, I only gave example from my reality. Maybe, instead of taking the problem foundation under questioning (as everything is questionnable), just answer as you feel, and if you don't care of this topic, take another. Let yourself acts as you wish, and - for God - live!!!

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Apologies

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Walker wrote: Observe the aggressive/dominant stance of a boring ankle nipper.
Yet you respond, character armor?

Let Hobbes smell your analyzer.
Keep your nose out of my ass, I'm heterosexual.

Tell us about your "object of truth" which stands alone in the universe.
And you can play with your object all you want, it's yours, but please keep it to yourself.
Good to see you’re lightening up. Hobbes, take a lesson. Lighter spheres are easier to balance, don’t you know.

Persevering to speak to the best within you, then I must wonder. Has he (pick one) discovered the balance of total freedom and total responsibility as one finds in the vast Western U.S. of A. of empty skies and empty land of total silence that turns purple and gold at sunset, with fragrances that shall go unnamed? I’d say the odds would be 50-50 if not for evident provincialism that reduces the odds significantly against,
To which, the SoB said, "Speak for yourself turd, but then cumulatively you in fact have, can you say, "anachronistic caste system? Of course you can, you ooze it, as its epitome."

knowing what I know of the effects of anachronistic caste system sensibility as opposed to an egalitarian indoctrination, which in fact is a theme of the scene. Freedom of mind, freedom of imagination, and attunement to truth with only life as the measure, and guide. It's like turiya, or wu-wei. You never really leave after the real discovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgiQPdPUNvs

What truth do you see in the scene?
You know it's one thing to seemingly be capable of using such conceptualization in a plagiarized sentence, but it's quite another to understand the implications of such use.

Walker = the epitome of an anachronistic caste system, with his conservative republicanism.
SpheresOfBalance = the epitome of egalitarianism, with my progressive liberalism.

You could never balance my spheres, as you're not quick enough to dodge from which direction their multitudes originate.

By the way Walker, I've never professed that my "hemi"-spheres are balanced. It was something I came to terms with while partaking of some rather extremely aromatic, sweet and sticky, with a fellow student of philosophy, during my college days. He mentioned something, to which I visualized that all the spheres that exist do indeed and must balance, or else chaos, to which he said that he'd have thought that I'd have mentioned the yin and yang instead. He just didn't realize to what extent I also revere science. I saw that in the microcosm the spheres of atoms balance, and that in the macrocosm the solar systems, and galaxies balance, such that life can exist, then so 'must' mans hemispheres balance. But unfortunately many don't, of course that would be those of republicans/conservatives, and let's be specific, we should always 'conserve' the best of man, while pitching the worst of man, so progressively liberal it is.

Trumps hemispheres are so imbalanced it's not funny. A fanatic of self serving, that if elected, shall only attempt to stack the deck in favor of his bottom line, at the expense of all others, in other words, business as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc
Trump with a crate of eggs on his face.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests