Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker
Posts: 4373
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by Walker » Mon May 16, 2016 2:05 pm

An advantage of state’s rights in a large, culturally diverse nation of intelligence and sophistication.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ublic.html

The pictures convey the epitome of feminine softness and vulnerability and contrary to skewed notions of the human psyche that require the deployment of Mitten Force (MF catchy tune) where hicks have invaded, within the context of reality the action within the pictures creates a mobile safe environment by means of surrounding witnesses.

*

On the other hand in London, talk about your supply and demand …

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 05241.html

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:00 am

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Here is the Vagina in question.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... baf3f0.jpg
I dislike this type of art for the very reason that it's subject matter is left up to what one interprets it is. What, are we being interviewed by a psychologist/psychiatrist with ink blots? To me it's crap art that at least I'd never want to teach anyone about. Though to me there's nothing wrong with anyone seeing whatever they want to see in it. Unless with every piece of art shown one says, "I see myself killing things," because then you've got a problem. Or should I say, "they do!" Off to the shrinks they go!
I’ll explain the self-evident, since you don’t get it.
You the fool that cannot necessarily know, that which you claim to know. I'm sorry your self esteem is so very low. ;-)

If a train does not have a governor to throttle it back, it will accelerate and crash. Like the unstoppable locomotive force in the collaborative masterpiece work of art created under the guidance of a vision, which is the film Runaway Train.

If a man does not have a governor, he will accelerate and crash like the train. Like Manny. The main character in the masterpiece and work of art, which is the film Runaway Train.

If an art teacher doesn’t have a governor on her mouth, society will provide one. And did. The course was art history, the teacher's lesson is quoted above in a previous posting.

It’s the nature of human life. Though societies change they do serve to govern action when the human does not, according to the standards of the particular society.

Good odds the former teacher is an activist, for whatever reason. Making a point, for someone.

Walker
Posts: 4373
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by Walker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:07 am

That story is old news.

:)

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:43 am

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Here is the Vagina in question.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... baf3f0.jpg
I dislike this type of art for the very reason that it's subject matter is left up to what one interprets it is.!
So, you'd rather see the unambiguous image of a vagina in detail or maybe you think vaginas ought not be depicted?

Walker
Posts: 4373
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by Walker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Mind more than language, if you have a brain.

More inappropriate teacher behavior.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/whe ... 63276.html

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Here is the Vagina in question.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... baf3f0.jpg
I dislike this type of art for the very reason that it's subject matter is left up to what one interprets it is.!
So, you'd rather see the unambiguous image of a vagina in detail or maybe you think vaginas ought not be depicted?
I'd just rather see the truth of existence, it's that simple. The painting in question may or may not be meant to represent that which any particular individual attributes to it. And no, I have no problem with facing the facts of human existence, whether it be sexual or not, facts are facts my friend.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:01 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: I dislike this type of art for the very reason that it's subject matter is left up to what one interprets it is.!
So, you'd rather see the unambiguous image of a vagina in detail or maybe you think vaginas ought not be depicted?
I'd just rather see the truth of existence, it's that simple. The painting in question may or may not be meant to represent that which any particular individual attributes to it. And no, I have no problem with facing the facts of human existence, whether it be sexual or not, facts are facts my friend.
I see.
All facts are theory laden. That's what makes art so interesting. Some "facts" cannot be depicted; nor would they be interesting if they could be.

Seriously I think this is more interesting artistically than the following.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... baf3f0.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 17.10.32.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 17.10.32.png (12.1 KiB) Viewed 687 times
Obviously the second image is more "factual".

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:14 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote: I dislike this type of art for the very reason that it's subject matter is left up to what one interprets it is.!
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
So, you'd rather see the unambiguous image of a vagina in detail or maybe you think vaginas ought not be depicted?
I'd just rather see the truth of existence, it's that simple. The painting in question may or may not be meant to represent that which any particular individual attributes to it. And no, I have no problem with facing the facts of human existence, whether it be sexual or not, facts are facts my friend.
I see.
All facts are theory laden. That's what makes art so interesting. Some "facts" cannot be depicted; nor would they be interesting if they could be.
We just disagree, and that's the great thing about art, it's appreciation is purely subjective! I only care about the truth, HC. It would seem to be my theme.

Seriously I think this is more interesting artistically than the following.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... baf3f0.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 17.07.48.png
What's the Screen Shot all about, it's not a proper attachment, you've lost me.

Edit: OK apparently I responded while you were still composing your last message. Though I disagree with you because that looks like a photograph, not a painting. I was in fact speaking of art, as laid down by ones hand. But it's also true that I find a real human female sexual organ much more interesting than a painting that might appear as one to some peoples mind, or an actual picture of one for that matter. But then I'm a male, so go figure! ;-)

Walker
Posts: 4373
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by Walker » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:54 pm

“Onions have layers.
Ogres have lairs.”


Is the ogre description dramatized in the link ostensibly scary for the little children?
Did the Apparatus create the description?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpcwKEIRCI

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4257
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Mind you language in the land of Bob Evenson.

Post by Dalek Prime » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Personally, I'm vastly more intrigued by the pussy. I'd visit a gallery with those, willingly, on display.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests