How important is natural language to AI?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4648
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

How important is natural language to AI?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:33 am

I would say very important as I regard language as a big aid to thinking.

PhilX

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4203
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: How important is natural language to AI?

Post by Dalek Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:40 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:I would say very important as I regard language as a big aid to thinking.

PhilX
Yes, for people. Not for machines, unless you want them to get things wrong at a faster speed than humans. Let humans do the thinking, and machines do the fast and accurate calculations.
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4648
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How important is natural language to AI?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:43 am

Dalek Prime wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:I would say very important as I regard language as a big aid to thinking.

PhilX
Yes, for people. Not for machines, unless you want them to get things wrong at a faster speed than humans. Let humans dobthe thinking, and machines do the fast and accurate calculations.
How about sex robots?

PhilX

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4203
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: How important is natural language to AI?

Post by Dalek Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:49 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:I would say very important as I regard language as a big aid to thinking.

PhilX
Yes, for people. Not for machines, unless you want them to get things wrong at a faster speed than humans. Let humans dobthe thinking, and machines do the fast and accurate calculations.
How about sex robots?

PhilX
Okay. And orgasms.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest