~ Why I Invented Language ~

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:58 pm

.



Well, you are proving the actual focus of this thread...





This is the actual focus of this thread -



Human beings are extremely selfish, stupid, and mean creatures.


Yet we are nothing if not liars.


If humans were to be best described in one word that word would be - liar.





Thought I told you you could use any wording you want - especially in my threads.


Why would this simple statement offend you?









.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.



Well, you are proving the actual focus of this thread...





This is the actual focus of this thread -


.


The thread is about language. Not random spewings of your disconnected mind.
If you say" Your argument is spurious." you need to say why.
Your trouble is that you do not understand the argument.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:37 pm

.




Yeah, you're right. What the hell are you trying to argue about?


I'm telling you...Use whatever words you want. Express yourself here on my thread in whatever way you feel comfortable with.

I don't agree with a small assertion that you made earlier within this thread...SO WHAT?!?


The point you were attempting to make is moot. semantics AT BEST.




You are bigger than this.







.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:39 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.




Yeah, you're right. What the hell are you trying to argue about?


i explained it to you in plain language.
Then in more detail, then in baby language.
The most simple person could understand it.
But three times you have failed.

All you respond with is your pseudo-profound bullshit.
I am wasting my time with you.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:31 am

.



Yeah, apparently. You must have a-lot of better things to do.


Good luck my friend.






.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.



Yeah, apparently. You must have a-lot of better things to do.


I am wasting my time with you.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:36 pm

.




Why? We have different viewpoints.


Welcome to the real world.


If you come here to The PhilosophyNow Forums thinking you are going to make everybody fall in-line to your perspective, well, that's immature.


So, in that regard, yes, you are wasting your time with me. You should be concentrating upon improving your philosophical life outlook in some other way.









...............................................................
Image







.

uwot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by uwot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:49 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:If you come here to The PhilosophyNow Forums thinking you are going to make everybody fall in-line to your perspective, well, that's immature.
It is, and the fact that you finally acknowledge it is heartening, Poor Bill. Do you think the timbre of your posts will change in the light of your revelation?

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:51 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.




Why? We have different viewpoints.


Please refer to the post I made some time ago.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12307
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:24 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Here. This might help you: Your argument is spurious. ...

:lol:
Which Bill followed with by just reposting his original spurious assertion about lying.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:35 am

.




Spurious can refer to: seeming to be genuine but false, based on false ideas or facts.



See how I did that.











.

uwot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by uwot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:29 pm

That's a no, then.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.




Spurious can refer to: seeming to be genuine but false, based on false ideas or facts.


Sadly you are incapable of expressing why you think that.
It's only 'spurious" to you because you didn't understand the point in the first place.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:54 pm

.




..........................................
...so, you're gunna stick with your spurious argument?







.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12307
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
Spurious can refer to: seeming to be genuine but false, based on false ideas or facts.

I know what it means Bill and that is why it applies exactly to your spurious post and the replies you repeated in the face of critique.

See how I did that.
Did what Bill? Continue to ignore any philosophical critique of your issues.

Language and communication is not just lying nor is it some estrangement from some reality. In essence it is the method by which we communicate our experience of reality. I really think you need to address your Catholic hang-ups as although you have lost your belief in a 'God' you are still retaining the baggage of wanting a 'real' reality to provide a 'Why' to your existence.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests