Word of the day

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker
Posts: 10744
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

GOAT

Tiger really wants to be the GOAT, but since he’s lucky to still have two legs after driving over a cliff at 80 mph*, he’ll have to settle for second place in the statistics. Jack Nicklaus (The Golden Bear) still sits on top of that GOAT mountain.


* an act of self-sabotage
Walker
Posts: 10744
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Beget
To procreate as the father.

1 John 5:18 kjv
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11271
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Word of the day

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:01 am GOAT

Tiger really wants to be the GOAT, but since he’s lucky to still have two legs after driving over a cliff at 80 mph*, he’ll have to settle for second place in the statistics. Jack Nicklaus (The Golden Bear) still sits on top of that GOAT mountain.


* an act of self-sabotage
Right, because golf has been around 'for all time' :lol:
Walker
Posts: 10744
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:15 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:01 am GOAT

Tiger really wants to be the GOAT, but since he’s lucky to still have two legs after driving over a cliff at 80 mph*, he’ll have to settle for second place in the statistics. Jack Nicklaus (The Golden Bear) still sits on top of that GOAT mountain.


* an act of self-sabotage
Right, because golf has been around 'for all time' :lol:
Golf was born in Scotland but it will never die. That's because it is ever so great, probably the GOAT of sports. Only you can beat yourself in the golf game, and yet paradoxically, the competition raises the level of your game. This is why it is so shocking that Tiger would self-sabotage. Such a great one does not become so great by self-sabotaging. Does he? The question arises because of the personal lives of Rama, Milarepa and others, before they became well-known names to some households. Not many know the last temptation before the mountaintop.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4884
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Word of the day

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:00 pm
Golf was born in Scotland but it will never die. That's because it is ever so great, probably the GOAT of sports. Only you can beat yourself in the golf game, and yet paradoxically, the competition raises the level of your game. This is why it is so shocking that Tiger would self-sabotage. Such a great one does not become so great by self-sabotaging. Does he? The question arises because of the personal lives of Rama, Milarepa and others, before they became well-known names to some households. Not many know the last temptation before the mountaintop.
I think it is a sign that we need to question our values and priorities when a man can become rich and famous for being good at hitting a little ball with a stick.
Walker
Posts: 10744
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:30 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:00 pm
Golf was born in Scotland but it will never die. That's because it is ever so great, probably the GOAT of sports. Only you can beat yourself in the golf game, and yet paradoxically, the competition raises the level of your game. This is why it is so shocking that Tiger would self-sabotage. Such a great one does not become so great by self-sabotaging. Does he? The question arises because of the personal lives of Rama, Milarepa and others, before they became well-known names to some households. Not many know the last temptation before the mountaintop.
I think it is a sign that we need to question our values and priorities when a man can become rich and famous for being good at hitting a little ball with a stick.
Feel free to question your values and priorities when a man can become rich and famous doing what you cannot do.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4884
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Word of the day

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:02 am
Feel free to question your values and priorities when a man can become rich and famous doing what you cannot do.
Of all the things that could have made me rich and famous had I been able to do them, not being able to play golf is probably the one I have the least regrets about.
Dubious
Posts: 3231
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:02 am
Harbal wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:30 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:00 pm
Golf was born in Scotland but it will never die. That's because it is ever so great, probably the GOAT of sports. Only you can beat yourself in the golf game, and yet paradoxically, the competition raises the level of your game. This is why it is so shocking that Tiger would self-sabotage. Such a great one does not become so great by self-sabotaging. Does he? The question arises because of the personal lives of Rama, Milarepa and others, before they became well-known names to some households. Not many know the last temptation before the mountaintop.
I think it is a sign that we need to question our values and priorities when a man can become rich and famous for being good at hitting a little ball with a stick.
Feel free to question your values and priorities when a man can become rich and famous doing what you cannot do.
When one is in a certain age the priority is having the next birthday where the same priority exists.
Post Reply