Word of the day

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 4366
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Word of the day

Post by Sculptor »

Disinformation

Disinformation is primarily carried out by government intelligence agencies, but has also been used by non-governmental organizations and businesses.[20] Front groups are a form of disinformation, as they mislead the public about their true objectives and who their controllers are.

The cleverest thing about the this is to take things that are essentially factual and spin them out of all proportion. In this way the public are controlled, and convinced of something thought widespread but which is statistically insignificant.

For example: one or two student's unions (of which there are thousands) decide to cancel or or two people they think not worthy of platforming. Far too much is made of such cases, thought exaggeration, so that the public think there is some sort of major conspiracy against other people of the same type.

What starts as one union not inviting a racist to platfom in a university becomes a widespread attack on anyone who questions race relations.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 10505
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Word of the day

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Genuine intelligence isn't very common in the world, so any time an intelligent speaker is denied a 'platform' for not being deemed to be 'Politically Safe' by virtue-signalling millennial wankers and up-themselves professional academics is going to be a 'widerspread problem'.

Word of the day: RACIST

For those who love to use this sad, bedraggled, exploited, raped and abused word care to give the poor thing a definition once and for all or put it out of its misery? Since word-abusing wankers are the only people who use the word these days then it would be helpful to know what the fuck those virtue-signalling hypocrites are talking about (if anything).
The trouble with using a word as a generic insult towards anyone who challenges you intellectually is like calling everyone 'beautiful', or giving every olympic competitor a gold medal. It just becomes a meaningless, grating, whining sound.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 5473
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Word of the day

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:24 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:25 pm 'Deplatform'. Is this another example of bastardisation of the language by Americans, with their infuriating habit of turning nouns into verbs and verbs into nouns and every other offensive combination they can think of to be as annoying and pretentious as possible?
My pet hate is when a verb gets turned into an attempted noun...this in particular:- "We need to have the conversation bla bla bla..some fat Uni grad with bright rimmed glasses projecting their "world view" to me as if they have learned some wisdom in the sacred halls of a university.
Where is the verb turned into a noun here? We need 'to dialogue' about this and 'brainwave' a solution :lol:
Ah ffs. I thought conversation was a verb. I still hate it though, 'the conversation' being used all the time these days...I'm ok with 'we need to have conversations about bla bla..' not sure Y but pisses me off.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 10505
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Word of the day

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:27 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:24 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm

My pet hate is when a verb gets turned into an attempted noun...this in particular:- "We need to have the conversation bla bla bla..some fat Uni grad with bright rimmed glasses projecting their "world view" to me as if they have learned some wisdom in the sacred halls of a university.
Where is the verb turned into a noun here? We need 'to dialogue' about this and 'brainwave' a solution :lol:
Ah ffs. I thought conversation was a verb. I still hate it though, 'the conversation' being used all the time these days...I'm ok with 'we need to have conversations about bla bla..' not sure Y but pisses me off.
Even worse is the abominable 'conversate'. 'We need to 'conversate' about this. What's wrong with 'I would like to talk to you about blah blah...?
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm 'We need to 'conversate' about this.
Converse gets it done too.
Converse makes All-Stars.
:|
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Lack Attack

Lack Attack means an attack aimed at what the attacker lacks. The lack can be caused by getting a taste of something and wanting more of it, or losing something through corruption.

The method fueling a lack attack is to make another small in order to feel large, however in actual effect this only serves to make the world small, and the feeling of largeness fades away to reveal frustration (dukkah.)

If the lack attack is targeting what the attacker once had and then lost (such as love that another has not yet lost or corrupted), then the lack attack is often energized by bitterness over the losing.

Those who feel targeted by a lack attack should not take the attack personally, but rather should understand that the actual target of a lack attack, is lack.

Some of the primary targets of lack attacks: Dignity, intelligence, love, beauty, kindness, independence, freedom, happiness, spirituality, charity … thousands of names, along with the amorphous intangibles.
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:25 pm Disinformation

Disinformation is primarily carried out by government intelligence agencies, but has also been used by non-governmental organizations and businesses.[20] Front groups are a form of disinformation, as they mislead the public about their true objectives and who their controllers are.
20 non-governmental organizations and businesses, and also the oxymoronic government-intelligence? :wink:

Speaking of that, suspicions about being the target of disinformation could have been behind the Japanese government and citizens ignoring the leaflets* of warning dropped on Hiroshima, before the bomb was dropped.

After the bomb was dropped, warnings about warnings being disinformation no longer worked, so that couldn’t be cause of not-surrendering before another bomb was dropped on Nagasaki.

The cause of not surrendering before the Nagasaki bomb was dropped, was the will to fight to the last person.

The cause of surrendering after Nagasaki was sanity.


* Leaflets for the folks and warnings to the Japanese government ... fact or disinformation?
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Grease:

Impenitent wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:34 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJjfi9MaLrA

-Imp
I think that eventually the brain regulates the need for grease through behaviours that get identified as complex, but the cause of the complex behaviours is rather simple and uncomplicated. The regulation is an effect of longevity, if not the cause. When there is no need to drink too much there is no need to first eat grease. Another effect of longevity is no more need to eat s**t sandwiches that cause the need to drink too much, to wash away the taste of the s**t sandwiches, because with a diminished appetite for repetition of experiences, the body can subsist on just the bread.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 12254
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Word of the day

Post by henry quirk »

omicron
see: bullshit
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 am omicron
see: bullshit
Omicron is now in Africa. Biden has banned arrivals of the great unwashed from some of the African countries. Of course there will be exceptions. The elites will still be allowed to travel to the US, since many of the rules don’t apply to the elite. Also, to bypass all those pesky human regulations, little Omicron just has to reroute its travel plans; take a little detour through Mexico, take a little swim across the Rio Grande to the land of milk and honey.

For that you can thank You Know Who*.


* On first base for world domination.
8)

(Does he mean Biden, or what's his name?)
Impenitent
Posts: 3682
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Word of the day

Post by Impenitent »

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

youtube.com/watch?v=1Pu1adxqUAg

-Imp
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Fact-Checker
This word has gained in authority.
Paradoxically, any fool with a smart-phone is a fact-checker.

For definition of Fact-Checker, reference all that can be found about The Anonymous Humorless Oracle. *
If nothing can be found on that specific phrasing, try deducing the meaning, and see what you get.


* In order to maintain the continuity of a political narrative, these secret agents will even resort to fact checking humour, memes, irony, and the like. For example, while The Anonymous Humorless Oracle is not an oracle per se, the totem does command the kind of slanted, shallow authority that narrative-riders need to maintain order in the universe.
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:51 pm Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

youtube.com/watch?v=1Pu1adxqUAg

-Imp
Can you picture it?

Superheroes. Their masks match their costumes. They wear all black.

Across their chests, emblazoned in fluorescent silver, The Anonymous Humorless Oracles. Hmm, not all are big chested ... maybe The Anonymous on the front, and Humorless Oracles on the backside.

The more flamboyant of their ilk will be wearing matching capes, as superheros are often wont to doing.
Walker
Posts: 9672
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Word of the day

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 am omicron
see: bullshit
In addition to bullshit, it's also an anagram.

I C Moron.

Conclusion/meaning of this startling fact:
The intent of the b.s. runs through reality in physical realms that mirror one another in ways that may seem fleeting but are actually forms of entropy attacking order, and/or evil attacking good. Among other effects, energy connects dots into a network of meaning.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 10505
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Word of the day

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:13 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 am omicron
see: bullshit
In addition to bullshit, it's also an anagram.

I C Moron.

Or 'moronic' :| Not that it means anything...
Post Reply