Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 13166
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 am Does this mean than you only put those who say 'anything important enough' on your ignore list?
No. It just means I ignore those who repeatedly say nothing of any importance.

Look, Age: here's how it goes.

You came here to the forum, and all you ever seem to do is ask inane questions. If one person posts something small, you'll write six angry messages in response, using CAPS for no reason, spewing defiance, insulting anybody older than you, and none of them adding any information or taking any position of your own...just hyper-cynical prattle.

In short, you'll mimic the conversational style of a bedwetting teenager with rebellion issues...as if complaining and challenging people was actually a sign of intelligence. It's very, very off-putting to people. And that's the truth.

Now, you could listen to somebody, take a thoughtful position of your own, and add some value. You don't seem stupid. But I think you don't quite know what we're doing here on a philosophy forum, and you model yourself on the cynical carping of some of the worst people here, rather than on the best and most thoughtful contributors. You call all that "clarifying questions," but they're not "clarifying": as soon as any is answered, you'll just issue another string of empty questions and, probably a bit of abuse and insult as well. Who needs it?

So of course people ignore most of what you say. Who has time for six messages for every one, and who has time for an unending series of cynical questions that never advance a single original thought?

You can do better, I think. You should do better. But whether or not you will ever do better will be up to you, of course.

And until we see a single interesting, original or positve contribution from you, don't be surprised if most people also eventually tire of trying to engage you and go away.

However, your last response showed a modicum of restraint and self-awareness. That's good. Maximize that. Learn to speak to people as if you have a mutual desire to learn something in the exchange, instead of only a hostile urge to contradict. And you'll find that people like you much, much better, and you actually get somewhere on this forum.

Hey, I might be the only person here who will tell you this. The rest will probably just give up on you and go away. So you can take it or leave it as you please, I guess. But now you know.
trokanmariel
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by trokanmariel »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:08 am
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:48 am
commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:28 pm




No matter who ‘owns’ a word, it is free to be used by anyone. Ownership makes no sense here unless you are trying to make the case that use of a word is taboo to every group save one.



One definition of a word with multiple definitions is completely separate from another of its definitions. One definition does not appropriate another either correctly or not. This is how homonyms work.


Daylight, imagination, capitalism, reality, jobs, strikes, humanity—try again (to put these words in a cogent sentence).
In regards to the definition, of engaging in a strike against an employer, I interpret a misappropriation, which I must admit is possibly just my own behaviour and no one elses, as logical as the behaviour to me seems, since to not do work isn't the reality of physically attacking someone - it's just my opinion, but governments should be advised to abandon the use of the term, and use a term that doesn't denote physically attacking someone
One does NOT have to be 'physical' to 'attack' "another".

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVEN throughout human being's writings, and words, when used in a 'attempt' AGAINST "others".

And, the people in government, and the owners of companies, HATE IT when people STOP working 'for them'. So, these people will continue to use the word 'strike' because;

1. They BELIEVE that they are actually being 'striked against'.

2. They will say and do whatever it takes to keep the masses 'in control', in order to keep handing over 'their money'.

3. These people do NOT want to lose the control they HAVE OVER "others", which they have obtained, and which is really the only 'thing' that they have REALLY worked 'hard' AT and 'hard' FOR.

4. The separation they can create among the ones they NEED, in order to keep getting the money that they WANT, helps in them being able to control the masses. The word 'strike', as you so rightly pointed out, conjures up 'against' some thing, which can then VERY QUICKLY be turned into a " 'us' verse 'them' " situation or scenario. So, the money "rich" can then quickly turn people into questioning, "Am I with "us" (the rich), or am I with "them" (the poor)? And, who would WANT to not be on one of those sides?
In your first reason, you say that they believe that they are being striked against; perhaps, that can mean that the government encourages the public and public platforms to debate the truth - are people attacking the state, if and when they don't perform manual labour.

BBC Question Time would be an example, of a public platform to be used.
commonsense
Posts: 3669
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by commonsense »

It’s a “struck”, not “striked”.
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 am Does this mean than you only put those who say 'anything important enough' on your ignore list?
No. It just means I ignore those who repeatedly say nothing of any importance.

Look, Age: here's how it goes.

You came here to the forum, and all you ever seem to do is ask inane questions. If one person posts something small, you'll write six angry messages in response, using CAPS for no reason, spewing defiance, insulting anybody older than you, and none of them adding any information or taking any position of your own...just hyper-cynical prattle.

In short, you'll mimic the conversational style of a bedwetting teenager with rebellion issues...as if complaining and challenging people was actually a sign of intelligence. It's very, very off-putting to people. And that's the truth.

Now, you could listen to somebody, take a thoughtful position of your own, and add some value. You don't seem stupid. But I think you don't quite know what we're doing here on a philosophy forum, and you model yourself on the cynical carping of some of the worst people here, rather than on the best and most thoughtful contributors. You call all that "clarifying questions," but they're not "clarifying": as soon as any is answered, you'll just issue another string of empty questions and, probably a bit of abuse and insult as well. Who needs it?

So of course people ignore most of what you say. Who has time for six messages for every one, and who has time for an unending series of cynical questions that never advance a single original thought?

You can do better, I think. You should do better. But whether or not you will ever do better will be up to you, of course.

And until we see a single interesting, original or positve contribution from you, don't be surprised if most people also eventually tire of trying to engage you and go away.

However, your last response showed a modicum of restraint and self-awareness. That's good. Maximize that. Learn to speak to people as if you have a mutual desire to learn something in the exchange, instead of only a hostile urge to contradict. And you'll find that people like you much, much better, and you actually get somewhere on this forum.

Hey, I might be the only person here who will tell you this. The rest will probably just give up on you and go away. So you can take it or leave it as you please, I guess. But now you know.
For someone who, just ignores me, you are not doing a very good job. As proven by your writings here.

Also, as for your extremely condescending tone of and for the "other", which can be clearly seen in your writing here, then that speaks for itself in regards to your superiority complex, which comes partly from your religious BELIEFS and from that "christian" 'holier-than-thou' attitude, and approach.

I will respond to your misconceptions and Wrong assumptions above later on.
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:04 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:32 am Immanuel Can dislikes communism.
Yes...I'm strange that way...I hate things that have murdered millions and beggared every economy they have touched. 8)
So, you hate "christianity" then also, correct?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Is it because you possibly believe that "christianity" has not, yet, murdered millions, but only hundreds of thousands?

Also, how many people has "captialism" murdered, and, to make even much worse, "in the name of "God"?

You really do say the most hypocritical things "immanuel can".
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:08 am
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:48 am

In regards to the definition, of engaging in a strike against an employer, I interpret a misappropriation, which I must admit is possibly just my own behaviour and no one elses, as logical as the behaviour to me seems, since to not do work isn't the reality of physically attacking someone - it's just my opinion, but governments should be advised to abandon the use of the term, and use a term that doesn't denote physically attacking someone
One does NOT have to be 'physical' to 'attack' "another".

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVEN throughout human being's writings, and words, when used in a 'attempt' AGAINST "others".

And, the people in government, and the owners of companies, HATE IT when people STOP working 'for them'. So, these people will continue to use the word 'strike' because;

1. They BELIEVE that they are actually being 'striked against'.

2. They will say and do whatever it takes to keep the masses 'in control', in order to keep handing over 'their money'.

3. These people do NOT want to lose the control they HAVE OVER "others", which they have obtained, and which is really the only 'thing' that they have REALLY worked 'hard' AT and 'hard' FOR.

4. The separation they can create among the ones they NEED, in order to keep getting the money that they WANT, helps in them being able to control the masses. The word 'strike', as you so rightly pointed out, conjures up 'against' some thing, which can then VERY QUICKLY be turned into a " 'us' verse 'them' " situation or scenario. So, the money "rich" can then quickly turn people into questioning, "Am I with "us" (the rich), or am I with "them" (the poor)? And, who would WANT to not be on one of those sides?
In your first reason, you say that they believe that they are being striked against; perhaps, that can mean that the government encourages the public and public platforms to debate the truth - are people attacking the state, if and when they don't perform manual labour.
There is NO government on earth that is going to 'encourage' debate, which, in turn, could make the government look bad or show that the government has been doing wrong.
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm BBC Question Time would be an example, of a public platform to be used.
You have started "the debate" already, by opening up a thread like this, on a public forum, like this one is.

If you want the media to take up and continue on with "this debate", then just do what you did here and write, or talk, to them explaining how the word 'strike' can conjure up a conception of 'attacking', and some people, like "yourself", see this word to mean 'physical attack'. Which it obviously does not necessarily mean this when one is just on a 'labor strike'. When people are on a 'labor strike', then all they are essentially doing is just continuing on with the seemingly endless 'strike against' the 'system of slave labor'.

See, some people actually BELIEVE that they live in a, so called, "free society", but quite often it is these people are completely and utterly BLIND to the FACT that it is them who are 'the slaves', just in a different way from what they perceive to be 'a slave'.

Just remember that when a 'strike' is being held, it is not necessarily a 'physical strike' against a human body, nor a structure, but just a 'strike against' a system that favors some, while using "others" as 'slaves' or 'slave labor'.

It is from the majority of 'you', adult human beings, WHY royal families are monetary rich way above and beyond most people's dreams, but yet they do not have to, nor have actually done, one singular days, physical, work. And, if ANY one claims that "they work hard", because they "have to" travel around the world, in first class or private jets, meeting different people from all over the world, then i would clearly swap "jobs", and do it for half of the money they get, which when LOOKED INTO FULLY, they do NOT need one cent as absolutely EVERY thing is paid for, for them. And, paid for, by you, let us not forget.

'Striking out' completely forced and slave labor was, and is, NEVER a bad NOR wrong thing. This, however, is just a slow process because most adult human beings have been brought up to BELIEVE that going to work for five or six days a week is "normal", and is actually the "right thing to do", and if you do not do this, then you are "lazy" or a "blight on society".

'Slave labor' still existed, in the days when this was being written, solely because adult human beings had become a 'slave' to their own DISTORTED and Wrong BELIEFS.
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm It’s a “struck”, not “striked”.
Thank you for noticing and pointing out my, in hindsight, OBVIOUSLY wrong wording.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 13166
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:46 pm For someone who, just ignores me, you are not doing a very good job. As proven by your writings here.
Quite right: usually, I do ignore you. I find your conversation style unuseful. But I don't hate you, fear you, or despise you.

And, consequently, I'm doing you a favour, at the moment. I'm telling you what's hard to hear, and what other people won't come out and tell you, but what might do you good to hear. Kids need a break; I'm giving you one.

I'm telling you because I suspect you can do better. I'm giving you the true explanation of why your exchanges have been so unsuccessful thus far, and giving you a way out, a way to a better and more successful relationship to this forum.

So consider it a small vote of confidence in your potential, if nothing else. Call it "condescending" if you will; but it's the truth...and bottom line, I think you know it's the truth when you hear it.
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:04 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:46 pm For someone who, just ignores me, you are not doing a very good job. As proven by your writings here.
Quite right: usually, I do ignore you. I find your conversation style unuseful. But I don't hate you, fear you, or despise you.

And, consequently, I'm doing you a favour, at the moment.

I'm telling you what's hard to hear, and what other people won't come out and tell you, but what might do you good to hear. Kids need a break; I'm giving you one.
MORE EXAMPLES of 'condescension' at its best.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:04 pm I'm telling you because I suspect you can do better. I'm giving you the true explanation of why your exchanges have been so unsuccessful thus far, and giving you a way out, a way to a better and more successful relationship to this forum.
LOL

You OBVIOUSLY have NOT been reading, nor hearing, what I have said.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:04 pm So consider it a small vote of confidence in your potential, if nothing else. Call it "condescending" if you will; but it's the truth...and bottom line, I think you know it's the truth when you hear it.
What is the "truth" here. You have NOT REALLY said ANY thing here. This can be CLEARLY SEEN in the way you have written here.

All you are REALLY doing here is just 'trying' your hardest to DEFLECT from what I have ACTUALLY POINTED OUT HERE.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 13166
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:13 pm All you are REALLY doing here is just 'trying' your hardest to DEFLECT from what I have ACTUALLY POINTED OUT HERE.
Believe that, if you want. I can't stop you. I can't make you see sense, if you're determined to be defensive instead. But I'm not attacking you. I'm telling you what you need to know, what might help you to have a better experience with the forum.

I remind you that you can find out the truth simply by asking. Ask people if they enjoy talking to you. Ask them if they admire your wit and wisdom. Ask them if they feel that you're helping them to greater understanding. Ask them if you're being the kind of person who is a worthy partner in thought. Ask them if they're glad you're around, and find you useful.

Or consider your current experience: why is it that you write three or four messages for any one anybody who's talking to you writes? Why are you the only one continually resorting to CAPS all the time? How many of those myriad, trivial questions you continually squirt out get taken seriously by anybody you're talking to? And how much are you learning here from other people.

Ask, or think. And you'll find the answer without my help.

Bye.
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 am Does this mean than you only put those who say 'anything important enough' on your ignore list?
No. It just means I ignore those who repeatedly say nothing of any importance.
So, when you say and write:
You're not saying anything important enough to get you on a real "ignore" list.

What you REALLY mean is the EXACT OPPOSITE, correct?
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm Look, Age: here's how it goes.

You came here to the forum, and all you ever seem to do is ask inane questions.
What you call "inane", I call CLARIFYING.

If you are UNABLE TO CLARIFY my clarifying questions posed to you, then so be it. But they are only asked in reply to what you, "yourself", have said and written.

If you cannot just CLARIFY what you say and mean, then that infers that you do NOT YET KNOW what you are actually talking about. Or, that you do not because you would have to CONTRADICT "yourself". As PROVEN True by ALL of the examples in our discussions.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm If one person posts something small, you'll write six angry messages in response, using CAPS for no reason, spewing defiance, insulting anybody older than you, and none of them adding any information or taking any position of your own...just hyper-cynical prattle.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Just about EVERY thing you have written here is just you providing EXAMPLES of your own ASSUMPTIONS, which are CLEARLY PLAINLY ABSURD and Wrong. And which can be CLEARLY PROVEN absolutely True.

You are also SHOWING and REVEALING just how little you read of what I ACTUALLY write.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm In short, you'll mimic the conversational style of a bedwetting teenager with rebellion issues...as if complaining and challenging people was actually a sign of intelligence.
If people like "yourself" can NOT handle being CHALLENGED, and/or will NOT just ACCEPT the CHALLENGE, then this SHOWS and REVEALS far more about 'you' than it does 'I'.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm It's very, very off-putting to people. And that's the truth.
OF COURSE people being CHALLENGED is off-putting to them.

'you', people, literally are those views and ideas being expressed, which I am CHALLENGING 'you' on.

'I' am, literally, refuting and disproving those BELIEFS through, and by, Truth, which would be VERY off-putting, for 'you'.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm Now, you could listen to somebody, take a thoughtful position of your own, and add some value. You don't seem stupid. But I think you don't quite know what we're doing here on a philosophy forum, and you model yourself on the cynical carping of some of the worst people here, rather than on the best and most thoughtful contributors.
LOL

Who do you envision are the "worst" people here (as though that could even be a REAL and True thing), and, who do you envision are the "best" and "most thoughtful" contributors?

Do you envision you would be in the latter and not in the former, by the way?

Also, you do not think I know what 'you', people, are doing here on a philosophy forum, so will you tell us what 'you', people, are doing here on a philosophy forum?

If you do NOT, then here is MORE EVIDENCE of just how 'off-putting' to you it REALLY IS when you are BEING CHALLENGED. Your non response will also REVEAL your absolute INABILITY to back up and support your claims. Which is what you REALLY HATE me REVEALING here.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm You call all that "clarifying questions," but they're not "clarifying": as soon as any is answered, you'll just issue another string of empty questions and, probably a bit of abuse and insult as well. Who needs it?
I have NEVER abused NOR insulted ANY one here.

And, this is VERY EASILY PROVEN True by the FACT that not one of you can SHOW nor PROVE otherwise.

I ask CLARIFYING QUESTIONS to SHOW and REVEAL that 'you', human beings, in the days when this was written, did NOT REALLY KNOW what you were actually saying and talking about. And, 'you', "immanuel can", are one of the BEST examples of this.

'you' talk about 'God', as though you know what you are talking about but you have ALREADY PROVEN that you have absolutely NO REAL idea AT ALL.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm So of course people ignore most of what you say.
I NEVER said NOR even implied that they did not.

In fact, I would LOVE it if a LOT of 'you' did. This then backs up and supports FURTHER, and even PROVES, some of the claims I have made here.

And, if you did NOT YET REALIZE I am NOT here, in this forum, to be acknowledged/heard by 'you', contributors. I am just USING 'you', people, for my OWN purposes and a very specific outcome.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm Who has time for six messages for every one, and who has time for an unending series of cynical questions that never advance a single original thought?
"cynical" is YOUR VIEW and PERCEPTION.

And, until one of you starts answering, Honestly and OPENLY, the ACTUAL CLARIFYING QUESTIONS that I pose to you, then you will NEVER KNOW what the ACTUAL outcome would be.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm You can do better, I think.
By the way, your superiority complex, holier-than-thou, and subtleties here, do NOT go unnoticed.

And, from what you have SHOWN here, if you do NOT change, then you REALLY can NOT do better.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm You should do better. But whether or not you will ever do better will be up to you, of course.
And this coming from the one who is NOT ABLE to just be Honest and answer some CLARIFYING QUESTIONS. Which is extremely hypocritical considering the CLAIMS you want to make here.

By the way, what is the word 'better' here in relation to, EXACTLY?
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm And until we see a single interesting, original or positve contribution from you, don't be surprised if most people also eventually tire of trying to engage you and go away.
Here is a GREAT EXAMPLE of when people are STUCK, or AFRAID, of the "other", then they will resort to some imagined or formed group of people to make them feel "their side" is bigger and better than it REALLY IS.

Also, noticed is the amount of attention and time you have spend putting into responding to someone who, supposedly, has NEVER written "a single interesting, original, nor positive contribution". And, which you, supposedly, just ignore anyway.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm However, your last response showed a modicum of restraint and self-awareness. That's good. Maximize that. Learn to speak to people as if you have a mutual desire to learn something in the exchange,
I have learned, and am, learning FAR MORE from 'you', human beings, than you will ever know and realize. I just learn things that you could not even imagine, at the moment.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm instead of only a hostile urge to contradict.
I have NEVER been "hostile". And, I just SHOW and REVEAL the CONTRADICTIONS people like you, continually, make.

I have NEVER made a CONTRADICTION "myself", unless, of course, I did it PURPOSELY to SHOW and REVEAL some 'thing'.

I can PROVE this True as NO one has ever shown ANY, supposed, "contradiction" I have ever made, even though I do write, seemingly, 'contradictory' sometimes, in an effort to be CHALLENGED. But even these seem to go unnoticed, usually. I have even pleaded with 'you', human beings, to bring to light ANY wrong I have made if ANY one EVER sees ANY contradiction/wrong in what I write, and then ALLOW a discussion to take place.

I am STILL WAITING, by the way.

Also, asking 'you', contributors, Truly OPEN CLARIFYING QUESTIONS is NOT wrong, either.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm And you'll find that people like you much, much better, and you actually get somewhere on this forum.
I am NOT seeking to be "liked". 'I' KNOW who, and what, 'I' AM, and that is all that Truly matters.

Also, you STILL appear to be MISUNDERSTANDING 'Me'. I am NOT here, in this forum, to get where you ASSUME I wan to get.

I am ACHIEVING, and getting, EXACTLY what I want on, and from, this forum. Which, by the way, is NOWHERE you IMAGINE I want to "get to".
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm Hey, I might be the only person here who will tell you this.
You have NOT really said ANY ACTUAL 'thing', except that me CHALLENGING you is VERY off-putting for you. Which was ALREADY TOTALLY KNOWN, and UNDERSTANDABLE.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm The rest will probably just give up on you and go away. So you can take it or leave it as you please, I guess. But now you know.
And, you can take 'it' or leave 'it' also. But, you would STILL have absolutely NO idea NOR clue AT ALL about what I am talking about and referring to, correct?
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:13 pm All you are REALLY doing here is just 'trying' your hardest to DEFLECT from what I have ACTUALLY POINTED OUT HERE.
Believe that, if you want. I can't stop you. I can't make you see sense, if you're determined to be defensive instead.
You have NOT YET SEEN ANY sense AT ALL, even though we have been CLEARLY TELLING and SHOWING you what it is.

We can NOT stop you BELIEVING what you want, and you are absolutely FREE to BELIEVE ALL of those OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, AND Incorrect DISTORTED BELIEFS of YOURS.

By the way, if you write this much to some you SUPPOSEDLY just ignore, then how much do you write to those who you do NOT just ignore?

Also, what can be CLEARLY SEEN here is just how much time you spend 'trying to' DEFLECT from the ACTUAL FACTS about 'you' and those BELIEFS you dearly HOLD ONTO and will NOT let go, no matter how much ACTUAL Truth is POINTED OUT and SHOWN to you.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm But I'm not attacking you.
I KNOW.

You NEVER could.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm I'm telling you what you need to know, what might help you to have a better experience with the forum.
Here is some ADVICE for you, I am NOT here, in this forum, for the reasons you IMAGINE or ASSUME I am.

I am having the BEST EXPERIENCE I could, here in this forum. This is because I am ACHIEVING EXACTLY what I WANT, from this forum.

Oh, and by the way, you have NOT told me ANY thing that you ASSUME and PRESUME I "need to know".

You are SO USELESS that I could now ask you, 'To you, what do I need to know?' but you would NOT answer this CLARIFYING QUESTION.

Now, you could OBVIOUSLY PROVE me Wrong here.

We AWAIT your response, or non response.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm I remind you that you can find out the truth simply by asking.
Do you mean, simply asking you?

If yes, then what is "the truth", EXACTLY, which you are referring to here?

And I remind you I have been asking you MANY CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, to find out "the truth" from your perspective, but you RARELY EVER answer the CLARIFYING QUESTIONS I pose to you. So your CLAIM here appears EXTREMELY HYPOCRITICAL of you.

Anyway, if it is simply not you, then who are referring to here?
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm Ask people if they enjoy talking to you.
I do NOT even WANT 'you', contributors, in this forum, to 'enjoy' talking to me. I just WANT ALL of 'you' to become Truly OPEN and Honest with "each other".

Also, I could say to you; 'Ask people if they enjoy talking to you?' But we ALREADY KNOW what the answer would be.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm Ask them if they admire your wit and wisdom.
But I do NOT have ANY "wit" NOR "wisdom".

I just express what I have observed, and ask those who make CLAIMS, CLARIFYING QUESTIONS.

By the way, do you envision "others" admire what you, consider, "your wit and wisdom"?

If you do, then I think you will FIND that you are SADLY VERY MISTAKEN.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm Ask them if they feel that you're helping them to greater understanding.
I have INFORMED MANY TIMES ALREADY I am NOT here to help ANY one of 'you', contributors, to ANY understanding.

I am NOT here, in this forum, for to better 'your' understanding.

I am here for my OWN reasons.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm Ask them if you're being the kind of person who is a worthy partner in thought. Ask them if they're glad you're around, and find you useful.
LOL

Do you envision "others" find 'you' the, laughable and so called, "kind of person who is a worthy partner in thought".

The ONLY people you find "kind of person who is a worthy partner in thought" are those who 'think' like you do.

You hatred and disgust of those who 'think' opposing to you, and to those who you consider "less than you" is OBVIOUS, and can be CLEARLY SEEN and OBSERVED.

Do you also envision "others" are "glad you are around" and "find you useful". If you do, then I think you will find that you are AGAIN, VERY SADLY MISTAKEN.

Also, this response of yours here, is ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of just how much effort you will put into DEFLECTING from what I POINTED OUT about what you wrote and claimed is true, and turn it around to be about 'me' and what you THINK or BELIEVE "others" perceive of 'me' personally.

In case you are STILL UNAWARE, philosophy discussions were intended to be about the WORDS and CLAIMS said, written, and made and NOTHING about people, personally.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm Or consider your current experience: why is it that you write three or four messages for any one anybody who's talking to you writes?
I write three or four messages because I cut them down from ALL of what I can SHOW and POINT OUT.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm Why are you the only one continually resorting to CAPS all the time?
I OBVIOUSLY do NOT use capital letters ALL THE TIME. To SEE or SAY I do, is CLEARLY a VERY DISTORTED VIEW of things, and CLEARLY a LIE.

And, surely you have ALREADY read the reason WHY I use capital letters, SOMETIMES.

But considering you asked the CLARIFYING QUESTION here, the reason WHY I use capital letters, SOMETIMES, (contrary to popular BELIEF) is to just highlight that word, ONLY.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm How many of those myriad, trivial questions you continually squirt out get taken seriously by anybody you're talking to?
As I have ALREADY POINTED OUT, just about NONE of my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS get answered. So, this infers, that just about NONE of those CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, get taken seriously, by 'you', contributors, in this forum. But that in NO WAY means that they will NOT be taken seriously, especially considering what they are LEADING TO, SHOWING, and REVEALING. And, as I have stated previously, the MORE my writings and questions are ignored, by 'you', contributors, the MORE BENEFICIAL this is to what I am SHOWING, and PROVING.

"Trivial" is ALSO a VERY relative to word, and what you find "trivial", "others" do NOT.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm And how much are you learning here from other people.
More than you will EVER realize. And, just about ALL of it has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with what you would be IMAGINING and ASSUMING.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm Ask, or think. And you'll find the answer without my help.

Bye.
But I ALREADY KNEW thee ANSWER BEFORE you even asked the question.

Do NOT forget that it is 'you' who does NOT KNOW thee ANSWER, YET.

Also, ALL of these ATTEMPTS at DISTRACTION and DEFLECTION of yours here has NOT WORKED, as you have STILL NOT YET been able to back up and support the CLAIMS you previously made here.

And this is because even if you TRIED TO, you would only end up CONTRADICTING "yourself".

You are also COMPLETELY UNABLE to just answer the ACTUAL CLARIFYING QUESTIONS I pose to you, because you do NOT even know what you are talking about, at those times.

Furthermore, when you say, "Bye", here, do you mean for good, or just for a while?
trokanmariel
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by trokanmariel »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 pm
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:08 am

One does NOT have to be 'physical' to 'attack' "another".

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVEN throughout human being's writings, and words, when used in a 'attempt' AGAINST "others".

And, the people in government, and the owners of companies, HATE IT when people STOP working 'for them'. So, these people will continue to use the word 'strike' because;

1. They BELIEVE that they are actually being 'striked against'.

2. They will say and do whatever it takes to keep the masses 'in control', in order to keep handing over 'their money'.

3. These people do NOT want to lose the control they HAVE OVER "others", which they have obtained, and which is really the only 'thing' that they have REALLY worked 'hard' AT and 'hard' FOR.

4. The separation they can create among the ones they NEED, in order to keep getting the money that they WANT, helps in them being able to control the masses. The word 'strike', as you so rightly pointed out, conjures up 'against' some thing, which can then VERY QUICKLY be turned into a " 'us' verse 'them' " situation or scenario. So, the money "rich" can then quickly turn people into questioning, "Am I with "us" (the rich), or am I with "them" (the poor)? And, who would WANT to not be on one of those sides?
In your first reason, you say that they believe that they are being striked against; perhaps, that can mean that the government encourages the public and public platforms to debate the truth - are people attacking the state, if and when they don't perform manual labour.
There is NO government on earth that is going to 'encourage' debate, which, in turn, could make the government look bad or show that the government has been doing wrong.
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm BBC Question Time would be an example, of a public platform to be used.
You have started "the debate" already, by opening up a thread like this, on a public forum, like this one is.

If you want the media to take up and continue on with "this debate", then just do what you did here and write, or talk, to them explaining how the word 'strike' can conjure up a conception of 'attacking', and some people, like "yourself", see this word to mean 'physical attack'. Which it obviously does not necessarily mean this when one is just on a 'labor strike'. When people are on a 'labor strike', then all they are essentially doing is just continuing on with the seemingly endless 'strike against' the 'system of slave labor'.

See, some people actually BELIEVE that they live in a, so called, "free society", but quite often it is these people are completely and utterly BLIND to the FACT that it is them who are 'the slaves', just in a different way from what they perceive to be 'a slave'.

Just remember that when a 'strike' is being held, it is not necessarily a 'physical strike' against a human body, nor a structure, but just a 'strike against' a system that favors some, while using "others" as 'slaves' or 'slave labor'.

It is from the majority of 'you', adult human beings, WHY royal families are monetary rich way above and beyond most people's dreams, but yet they do not have to, nor have actually done, one singular days, physical, work. And, if ANY one claims that "they work hard", because they "have to" travel around the world, in first class or private jets, meeting different people from all over the world, then i would clearly swap "jobs", and do it for half of the money they get, which when LOOKED INTO FULLY, they do NOT need one cent as absolutely EVERY thing is paid for, for them. And, paid for, by you, let us not forget.

'Striking out' completely forced and slave labor was, and is, NEVER a bad NOR wrong thing. This, however, is just a slow process because most adult human beings have been brought up to BELIEVE that going to work for five or six days a week is "normal", and is actually the "right thing to do", and if you do not do this, then you are "lazy" or a "blight on society".

'Slave labor' still existed, in the days when this was being written, solely because adult human beings had become a 'slave' to their own DISTORTED and Wrong BELIEFS.
Thanks for the advice, on attempting to raise debate with the media. There is however the truth - not issue, but truth - that media can't copy internet forums. On forums, on the web, people are free to speak freely. They don't really have this freedom in the external world, and because of the harsh reality of "strike", the chances are that a public discussion around the usage of the term would quickly descend into madness.

The potential answer, is for a worldwide internet forum discussion, around the term. Meaning that virtually everybody on the planet becomes part of the same forum discussion, literally.
Age
Posts: 8291
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by Age »

trokanmariel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:28 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 pm
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm

In your first reason, you say that they believe that they are being striked against; perhaps, that can mean that the government encourages the public and public platforms to debate the truth - are people attacking the state, if and when they don't perform manual labour.
There is NO government on earth that is going to 'encourage' debate, which, in turn, could make the government look bad or show that the government has been doing wrong.
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm BBC Question Time would be an example, of a public platform to be used.
You have started "the debate" already, by opening up a thread like this, on a public forum, like this one is.

If you want the media to take up and continue on with "this debate", then just do what you did here and write, or talk, to them explaining how the word 'strike' can conjure up a conception of 'attacking', and some people, like "yourself", see this word to mean 'physical attack'. Which it obviously does not necessarily mean this when one is just on a 'labor strike'. When people are on a 'labor strike', then all they are essentially doing is just continuing on with the seemingly endless 'strike against' the 'system of slave labor'.

See, some people actually BELIEVE that they live in a, so called, "free society", but quite often it is these people are completely and utterly BLIND to the FACT that it is them who are 'the slaves', just in a different way from what they perceive to be 'a slave'.

Just remember that when a 'strike' is being held, it is not necessarily a 'physical strike' against a human body, nor a structure, but just a 'strike against' a system that favors some, while using "others" as 'slaves' or 'slave labor'.

It is from the majority of 'you', adult human beings, WHY royal families are monetary rich way above and beyond most people's dreams, but yet they do not have to, nor have actually done, one singular days, physical, work. And, if ANY one claims that "they work hard", because they "have to" travel around the world, in first class or private jets, meeting different people from all over the world, then i would clearly swap "jobs", and do it for half of the money they get, which when LOOKED INTO FULLY, they do NOT need one cent as absolutely EVERY thing is paid for, for them. And, paid for, by you, let us not forget.

'Striking out' completely forced and slave labor was, and is, NEVER a bad NOR wrong thing. This, however, is just a slow process because most adult human beings have been brought up to BELIEVE that going to work for five or six days a week is "normal", and is actually the "right thing to do", and if you do not do this, then you are "lazy" or a "blight on society".

'Slave labor' still existed, in the days when this was being written, solely because adult human beings had become a 'slave' to their own DISTORTED and Wrong BELIEFS.
Thanks for the advice, on attempting to raise debate with the media. There is however the truth - not issue, but truth - that media can't copy internet forums. On forums, on the web, people are free to speak freely. They don't really have this freedom in the external world, and because of the harsh reality of "strike", the chances are that a public discussion around the usage of the term would quickly descend into madness.
I agree. And, the VERY LAST PLACE I would go to have "a discussion", or to spread a message, would be media outlets. They have FULL and ABSOLUTE CONTROL over what is ACTUALLY expressed and shared. They will OBVIOUSLY ONLY portray what they WANT portrayed. They already have VERY STRONGLY HELD BELIEFS. And, they have the ability to edit/manipulate ANY thing to APPEAR in just about ANY way, which they WANT things to look or sound like.

So, I would NEVER advice to go to media outlets. In fact, I do advice to NEVER go to media outlets.
trokanmariel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:28 pm The potential answer, is for a worldwide internet forum discussion, around the term.
That sounds like a HUGE response for some thing as trivial as the INTERPRETATION of one word.
trokanmariel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:28 pm Meaning that virtually everybody on the planet becomes part of the same forum discussion, literally.
Or, you can just keep sharing the view that WHEN, and IF, people start LOOKING FURTHER INTO what ACTUAL conception, they start perceiving, when they hear or see that, (or ANY), word in relation to what is ACTUALLY HAPPENING and OCCURRING, then this will help people in continuing to become MORE and MORE conscious of the actual thoughts that are arising, and the way that thinking itself is occurring, WITHIN.
trokanmariel
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 am

Re: Is it incorrect, to say the word strike when people refuse to work?

Post by trokanmariel »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:05 am
trokanmariel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:28 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 pm

There is NO government on earth that is going to 'encourage' debate, which, in turn, could make the government look bad or show that the government has been doing wrong.


You have started "the debate" already, by opening up a thread like this, on a public forum, like this one is.

If you want the media to take up and continue on with "this debate", then just do what you did here and write, or talk, to them explaining how the word 'strike' can conjure up a conception of 'attacking', and some people, like "yourself", see this word to mean 'physical attack'. Which it obviously does not necessarily mean this when one is just on a 'labor strike'. When people are on a 'labor strike', then all they are essentially doing is just continuing on with the seemingly endless 'strike against' the 'system of slave labor'.

See, some people actually BELIEVE that they live in a, so called, "free society", but quite often it is these people are completely and utterly BLIND to the FACT that it is them who are 'the slaves', just in a different way from what they perceive to be 'a slave'.

Just remember that when a 'strike' is being held, it is not necessarily a 'physical strike' against a human body, nor a structure, but just a 'strike against' a system that favors some, while using "others" as 'slaves' or 'slave labor'.

It is from the majority of 'you', adult human beings, WHY royal families are monetary rich way above and beyond most people's dreams, but yet they do not have to, nor have actually done, one singular days, physical, work. And, if ANY one claims that "they work hard", because they "have to" travel around the world, in first class or private jets, meeting different people from all over the world, then i would clearly swap "jobs", and do it for half of the money they get, which when LOOKED INTO FULLY, they do NOT need one cent as absolutely EVERY thing is paid for, for them. And, paid for, by you, let us not forget.

'Striking out' completely forced and slave labor was, and is, NEVER a bad NOR wrong thing. This, however, is just a slow process because most adult human beings have been brought up to BELIEVE that going to work for five or six days a week is "normal", and is actually the "right thing to do", and if you do not do this, then you are "lazy" or a "blight on society".

'Slave labor' still existed, in the days when this was being written, solely because adult human beings had become a 'slave' to their own DISTORTED and Wrong BELIEFS.
Thanks for the advice, on attempting to raise debate with the media. There is however the truth - not issue, but truth - that media can't copy internet forums. On forums, on the web, people are free to speak freely. They don't really have this freedom in the external world, and because of the harsh reality of "strike", the chances are that a public discussion around the usage of the term would quickly descend into madness.
I agree. And, the VERY LAST PLACE I would go to have "a discussion", or to spread a message, would be media outlets. They have FULL and ABSOLUTE CONTROL over what is ACTUALLY expressed and shared. They will OBVIOUSLY ONLY portray what they WANT portrayed. They already have VERY STRONGLY HELD BELIEFS. And, they have the ability to edit/manipulate ANY thing to APPEAR in just about ANY way, which they WANT things to look or sound like.

So, I would NEVER advice to go to media outlets. In fact, I do advice to NEVER go to media outlets.
trokanmariel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:28 pm The potential answer, is for a worldwide internet forum discussion, around the term.
That sounds like a HUGE response for some thing as trivial as the INTERPRETATION of one word.
trokanmariel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:28 pm Meaning that virtually everybody on the planet becomes part of the same forum discussion, literally.
Or, you can just keep sharing the view that WHEN, and IF, people start LOOKING FURTHER INTO what ACTUAL conception, they start perceiving, when they hear or see that, (or ANY), word in relation to what is ACTUALLY HAPPENING and OCCURRING, then this will help people in continuing to become MORE and MORE conscious of the actual thoughts that are arising, and the way that thinking itself is occurring, WITHIN.
It is a huge response, but it's not out of proportion. The interpretation of strike is perhaps key to the fall of capitalism, and thus categorization in general (squatter, traitor, deserter, unemployed, homeowner, soldier, worker, poorer, striker, immigrant, refugee, middle-class, upper-class etc). It can't be overestimated, arguably, how beneficial it is to humanitarian concerns to utilize the misappropriation truth around the word strike.

Practically, I don't expect a worldwide forum discussion to happen, but, a discussion in general that were to occur could be an activation mechanism for societal transition, starting here and now
Post Reply