Moon - Gemini
Asc - Gemini
Flannel Jesus

Re: What Zodiac Sign Are You ?

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:49 pm Sun - Cancer
Moon - Gemini
Asc - Gemini
My powers are telling me.... Hmmm.... You're very skeptical but open minded. You're loyal, but you have a limit to how much shit you'll take from anybody.

How'd I do?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:09 pm
Moon - Gemini
Asc - Gemini
My powers are telling me.... Hmmm.... You're very skeptical but open minded. You're loyal, but you have a limit to how much shit you'll take from anybody.

How'd I do?
:lol: Who wouldn't say 'yes' to that shit?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

on the chinaman's astrology, it's agreed that the Dragon, Tiger, Horse and Ox are the bosses, and that the Rat, Rooster, Rabbit, Goat and Pig are meh, and that Dogs, Monkeys and Snakes (on a plane) are pretty cool.

also a note to the noobs. the lunar year starts roughly one month after out solar year... so u might be the next animal rather than the one u think u are. half of the chineae zodiac articles don't pay attention to that detail and can be misleading.

Like for the longest time I thought I wuz a Rabbit and then I find out I'm actually a Tiger? Bro. I got a new lease on life when I found that out. Think I even went shopping.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:09 pm
Moon - Gemini
Asc - Gemini

How'd I do?
Well, most people at least think there is a limit to how much shit they'll take, even battered women who don't leave. I don't see much Cancer in your attempt, not really any Gemini either. But my guess is you are going for the people buy vague personality descriptions argument by example.

Here's the real test. The real test would be to do a real blind study with one astrological sign. Say Cancer. IOW many people have heard something about their Sun signs, but know very little else - you could then weed out those who know more.

So, 100 people with Cancer Sun signs.
You get their birth info, time and place, give their charts with just a number to astrologists considered good by their peers.
The astrologers give a one page description for each chart and every person in the 100 gets two charts from that batch and they are to pick the one that fits them better.

Or...

You give 100 people with Cancer sun signs a personality questionaire, with 15 questions - short essay type questions. Then you give a team of astrologers the birth info of each participant and two or three of the participants answers. They try to match the questionaire to the birth info. They get to draw up charts.

All having the same sun sign and little info about astrology cuts down any influence sun sign info might have on their sense of selves.

Those are real tests.

Mostly I find people don't know too much about astrology. For example thinking there are 12 possible personality descriptions. There are other assumptions.

But that's the way to start debunking or seeing if there is some correlation.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:13 pm :lol: Who wouldn't say 'yes' to that shit?
That was his point. And it fits something like a vague sun sign descriptor.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:13 pm :lol: Who wouldn't say 'yes' to that shit?
That was his point. And it fits something like a vague sun sign descriptor.
Bingo. I'm testing my skills at creating Barnum statements lol
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

So, if anyone wants to see a bit more about their natal sit., pop in your birth data. Not giving readings, but you can find out a bit more than the sun sign thing - the sun sign clumping you as the same as 8.33333 % of the world.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:22 pm In my experience, the one's who are always the most hesitant to tell u their signs are the Virgos, Libras and Cancers, becuz they are unanimously thought of as the least cool signs in astrology culture.

Conversely, the Leos, Aries, Scorpios and Capricorns are always the first to make sure everyone knows what their sign is.
Confirmation bias.
What star sign is that?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 pm

I know it's a farce to suck gullible people in.

But I have no problem playing the farce that is human life.

I'll guess you are a Scorpio.
ONE DOWN.
Guess again!
Aries.
NO.
Two down

Try again
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:34 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:57 pm

ONE DOWN.
Guess again!
Aries.
NO.
Two down

Try again
I'm going to have a stab at LEO now because you were the first one to reply to this thread. Seems the title had you drawn in. And Leo's are always up for a bit of fun, especially a mischievous, monkey business kind of fun. :) ?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Moon - Gemini
Asc - Gemini
Thanks to you and veggie for playing along. :)

People born under the sign of Cancer have been a constant presence during my life.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Good grief.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:58 pm Astrology has some beautiful imagery to it, I think it's a great source of artistic inspiration.
Yes it does, and humans just love to dream up images and symbols to convey meaning. It's all part of the natural artistry of the human expression. I do believe human emotions and feelings are real and humans invent their own attributes to apply to themselves as a way of expressing their sense of aliveness.I believe we are intuitive and develop the capacity very early on in life to be repelled or drawn to specific types of characters we come into contact with.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:58 pmThat being said, thank the stars there isn't an ounce of truth to it.
But humans are all of the same basic make-up, fundamentally. They're all born with the same feeling sentience, breathing the same air, and bleeding the same red blood, they all have the same needs and desires. Human emotions are real, like emotions of joy, sorrow, and anger, pleasure, pain, and forgiveness, loyalty, empathy, compassion, hate,and jealousy.

Humans are all capable of feeling all these things, and they are real, or seem real, because they are each and all of our experience.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:41 am Good grief.
:lol:

You make me laugh V :)