What Zodiac Sign Are You ?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

What Zodiac Sign Are You ?

Post by Dontaskme »

This thread is just for lighthearted fun.
I personally am interested in the characteristic traits of human beings. I know it's all made up, but it's still fun and a rather uncanny coincidence insofar as the personality traits of each person, really do seem to match up pretty much accurately according to what zodiac sign they are.

I am a LEO

Sculptor

Re: What Zodiac Sign Are You ?

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:06 pm This thread is just for lighthearted fun.
I personally am interested in the characteristic traits of human beings. I know it's all made up, but it's still fun and a rather uncanny coincidence insofar as the personality traits of each person, really do seem to match up pretty much accurately according to what zodiac sign they are.

All the descriptors are complimentary. (that is primarily how they suck you in)
They are also very generalised.
And humans are complex, having elements that could be associated with all the descriptors.
In the end it does not matter what they descriptors contain; they apply to anyone.

Whenever I meet a person claiming to be an expert I ask them my star sign. They can ask any question except my birthday, and they have as many choices as they like. They usually say they can get it in three.
None of them have ever guessed, and have given up in embarrassment, after 5 or 6 tries. with some sort of excuse.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:26 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:06 pm This thread is just for lighthearted fun.

And humans are complex, having elements that could be associated with all the descriptors.
In the end it does not matter what they descriptors contain; they apply to anyone.

Whenever I meet a person claiming to be an expert I ask them my star sign. They can ask any question except my birthday, and they have as many choices as they like. They usually say they can get it in three.
None of them have ever guessed, and have given up in embarrassment, after 5 or 6 tries. with some sort of excuse.
I know it's a farce to suck gullible people in.

But I have no problem playing the farce that is human life.

I'll guess you are a Scorpio.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 pm

ONE DOWN.
Guess again!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 pm

ONE DOWN.
Guess again!
Aries.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

In my experience, the one's who are always the most hesitant to tell u their signs are the Virgos, Libras and Cancers, becuz they are unanimously thought of as the least cool signs in astrology culture.

Conversely, the Leos, Aries, Scorpios and Capricorns are always the first to make sure everyone knows what their sign is.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:57 pm ONE DOWN.
Guess again!
And bear in mind you only have 12 guesses. :)
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Astrology has some beautiful imagery to it, I think it's a great source of artistic inspiration. That being said, thank the stars there isn't an ounce of truth to it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I have noticed that Leos are always the most enthusiastic supporters of this ridiculous, illogical nonsense. Hmm. I wonder if that could possibly be because Leos get the most flattering descriptions...
Of COURSE people are naturally going to believe flattering descriptions of themselves.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:22 pm In my experience, the one's who are always the most hesitant to tell u their signs are the Virgos, Libras and Cancers, becuz they are unanimously thought of as the least cool signs in astrology culture.

Conversely, the Leos, Aries, Scorpios and Capricorns are always the first to make sure everyone knows what their sign is.
:lol: So true. And WAAAAY at the top are Leos. It's uncanny.

It's a bit of an egg/chicken situation. Does being born Leo cause a person to be more egotistical because they have been fed this nonsense from a young age?
I was brought up with this garbage, at a time when books like 'Linda Goodman's Sun Signs' were bestsellers. My older sister (Leo of course) was the loudest and most enthusiastic supporter of this crap, and continues to believe it to this day.
vegetariantaxidermy

Btw, I'm CANCER, the most UNCOOL sign in the zodiac.

Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I'm a ravenclaw.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

u have to do your chart becuz that's when it gets super creepy. your sun sign is only a piece of it.

course we could have a case of manifest destiny, that phenomena where u want to believe something is true so strongly u start to act like it's true and then think it's true and that's the reason why u believe it. the ol reverse-reverse trick.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

my saturn is in cancer and so is my old man's, and that's some really bad shit right there. we were the text book case of being emotionally closed off and isolated from each other... emotionally restricted, as saturn would have it (the planet of restrictions, limitations, serious, cold and relentless in its grip). and cancer is the worst place saturn could be becuz cancer is already super reserved and introverted, so it doubles the saturn effect on the emotional side of the person. now add to that mix the old man being a Leo/Monkey, which is my sworn chinese lunar year enemy.

and as this text book case of two saturns in cancer played out, neither of us knew anything about astrology so it couldn't have been manifest destiny.

But yeah that Saturn in cancer is a bitch lemme tell ya. I'd be all fucked up emotionally if it wasn't for one of my stelliums, which overpowers and absolves the negative emotional consequences of the cancer placement.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:33 pm my saturn is in cancer and so is my old man's, and that's some really bad shit right there. we were the text book case of being emotionally closed off and isolated from each other... emotionally restricted, as saturn would have it (the planet of restrictions, limitations, serious, cold and relentless in its grip). and cancer is the worst place saturn could be becuz cancer is already super reserved and introverted, so it doubles the saturn effect on the emotional side of the person. now add to that mix the old man being a Leo/Monkey, which is my sworn chinese lunar year enemy.

and as this text book case of two saturns in cancer played out, neither of us knew anything about astrology so it couldn't have been manifest destiny.

But yeah that Saturn in cancer is a bitch lemme tell ya. I'd be all fucked up emotionally if it wasn't for one of my stelliums, which overpowers and absolves the negative emotional consequences of the cancer placement.
Right, because only those born in 'cancer' have trouble with their parents :roll:
And to add more confusion, my Chinese birth year is the opposite of my zodiac sign :roll:

I bet none of those Leos are so keen to announce that they were born in the year of the rat, or hedgehog :lol: